+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. xx
    I had similar issues with my daughter, she is 2.5 and currently the same height and weight as 4/5yr olds. I used to get upset because people expected so much more from her not realising that she isn't the age that they think she is.
    Don't worry, she is happy, healthy and simply divine! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i'll admit i didn't read all of the comments, but I just want to let you know that you're not alone. My 3 year old has always been tall and heavy. I have felt judged on more than one occasion, and I often feel that if I ever give her a treat, that people are judging and think that's all I ever feed her. She eats a healthy balanced diet most of the time, and mostly home-cooked meals with lots of fruit and veg. She's currently 108cm and 23kg at 3 years 5 months. At 15 months, she was still short (about 80cm) but also weighed about 15kg at the time. She has grown rapidly since birth - being a short baby (48cm) and now at her current age, she is taller than most of the 5 year olds we know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaa View Post
    Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. xx
    I had similar issues with my daughter, she is 2.5 and currently the same height and weight as 4/5yr olds. I used to get upset because people expected so much more from her not realising that she isn't the age that they think she is.
    Don't worry, she is happy, healthy and simply divine! x
    I have exactly the same issue - plus my 3 year old is very intelligent, so everyone who doesn't know her thinks she's 5. The looks I get when she chucks a tantrum if I'm out and about...

It didn't help that at 18 months, she was speaking full sentences, so even though she wasn't really considered tall for her age until around 2 (she started off short), people thought she was older because of her vocabulary, and constantly expected her to behave like an older child. It really ****ed me off when other people would tell her off for acting her age...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    i'll admit i didn't read all of the comments, but I just want to let you know that you're not alone. My 3 year old has always been tall and heavy. I have felt judged on more than one occasion, and I often feel that if I ever give her a treat, that people are judging and think that's all I ever feed her. She eats a healthy balanced diet most of the time, and mostly home-cooked meals with lots of fruit and veg. She's currently 108cm and 23kg at 3 years 5 months. At 15 months, she was still short (about 80cm) but also weighed about 15kg at the time. She has grown rapidly since birth - being a short baby (48cm) and now at her current age, she is taller than most of the 5 year olds we know.
    My DD is the same age and 28kg. We have the exact same issues. She just won't stop growing!

Today at care a little girl called her fat. She handled it really well, told the girl off. I'm proud of her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

yadot  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My son is 14 kgs at 1 years old I don't take it offensive I just hope he gets walking soon as he only crawls!!

My dd is 2 and only 12.4 kgs lol. Kids are different sizes xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    This is a lot like my dd! She is 110cm and 20-22kgs and is heavy boned. She eats mostly fruit and doesn't eat a lot of food, but I think people look at me judging if she is having a treat too!!!

It's so hard. She has long hair and is tall and then I find people expect more from her as they think she's older.