+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our little ones come in all shapes and sizes and judging from the pics she looks perfectly in proportion, healthy and active so let go of the comments. It's always something people comment on... If it's not how big they are, it's how small they are, how red their hair is, how curly it is, how tall they are, short they are... It's never ending the things people comment on. Don't take it to heart and if you don't let it bother you the she won't either. I know it's different but my dd has been cross eyed and in glasses since she was 12 months. She also patches one eye every day. Where ever we go someone always comments on her glasses or patch (not many babies wear glasses so I guess she was a bit of a novelty). I am a member of a facebook site for parents with very young kids in glasses and often they gripe how many people ask about their babies/kids glasses when they go out in public. I have made a conscious effort to "not care" and even embrace all the attention she gets when we go out. I love talking about her glasses and patch with strangers and so does she. We take the opportunity to educate people on how patching helps strengthen her eye. Because I'm not worried about it and happily talk about her condition, neither is she. I know it's hard not to be sensitive about things to do with our children as we never want them to suffer but try and not let it bother you as she will pick up on it. She looks absolutely perfect! Lots of fresh fruit and veggies and the occasional bottle is in my opinion a well rounded healthy diet and you are doing a wonderful job. My kids had a nightly bottle up until they were close to 3 yrs as a comfort thing so don't stress too much about that...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Zabella  (27-11-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    @Zabella I'm in nth vic- I wonder if we are close? You may have seen the same nasty MCHN I once saw! Take everything they say with a grain of salt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She is gorgeous and tall rather than big for her age.
    When are you due to see doctor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    @Zabella I'm in nth vic- I wonder if we are close? You may have seen the same nasty MCHN I once saw! Take everything they say with a grain of salt!!
    We are in Numurkah, so Moira Council area :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone :-)

We found a good GP to go and see next week, and made an appointment with the Paed, but the first available was the 29th of April!!
    We have also made an appointment with a pediatric podiatrist, and after we see them (GP and Podiatrist) we will decide if we are comfortable waiting, or if we go back to Melbourne to see our old Paed.
    Feeling a bit better today, there were other horrible things that happened at the appointment that probably made everything seem worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1417077276.632074.jpg

I won't be showing the MCHN this photo ;-)
    Her first KFC on our way to Numurkah for our big move last week.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (27-11-2014),Funnels  (27-11-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Born and bred around the nathalia area myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were in Nathalia yesterday for immunizations :-)
    Very pretty town! Had a walk around afterwards and had an ice cream.

Could have been the same nurse. We are a 2 Mum family.
    The appointment started with taking all my details, and then asking for the fathers. Kez was sitting right there when she decided she didn't have to enter her details on the file. Then she said there were two other "families like us" that she sees in Numurkah.... Didn't get much better from there.
    Last edited by Zabella; 27-11-2014 at 19:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ouch!! How rude!

Welcome to country Victoria- a good 20 years behind everywhere else

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Zabella  (27-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw the GP Wednesday, and he doesn't want us to wait until the first appointment we could get in Shepparton (29th April), so we managed to get a before hours appointment on December 18th (8:40am) with our old Paed in Melbourne. So we will be up at sparrows fart to drive the 3 plus hours to Melbourne. I just hope it is all for nothing :-)