+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default centerlink- child support- father wont pay!

child support father wont pay!
    Hey everyone,
    I've got a big question to ask ?
    Now the father of my 14 month old hasn't paid child support since she was born I've told centerlink about it and they said they will deal with it and still nothing but the question is that I just got a job offer over in Canada now I would like to take it but I will be ordered back to Australia with my daughter what to do??

Ps he hasn't had any contact with me what so ever since she was born but his family is trying to stop me for trying to give her a brighter future.

WHAT TO DO ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd go see a family lawyer for advice. If there are no court orders in place even though he has nothing to do with her, he can stop you. You also need to contact the child support agency, c'link are unlikely to do anything. Anything involving CSA can take awhile but if he is working, child support can be taken from his pay by his workplace.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

emsaffy  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Child support can't do nothing coz he is living on the streets and got no job nothing and my lawyer told me because he is living on the streets I legally can't take him to court because he has no living resident so I'm up sh** creek coz this is my dream job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you have contact with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you contact him and discuss moving with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope the last time I had contact with him was back in October 2013 when he rang over me in his car why I had my daughter in my arms the police haven't found him yet to charge him no one knows where he is only his mother and she won't tell anyone where he is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is he on the birth certificate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you apply to the courts for full custody with fathers location being unknown and stating your case to them?

Me 26, DP 33, DD 11/11/2012 💕

10. The Following User Says Thank You to firsttimemummatobe For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (14-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If he still has parental responsibility he will need to approve bubs passport application. The only other way is by court order. Without a passport bub can't travel. If you are not in contact, then you will have to go to court. His family could also have enforceable rights if they have a relationship with the child that could prevent you from leaving the country. Time for some good legal advise. Good luck.
    Last edited by Zabella; 13-09-2014 at 17:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is on the birth certificate and I've got full care of her through centrelink and the courts won't because they need his rresidential address.