+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby shower games!!

Ok need advice, will be having my best friends baby sprinkle at my place tomorrow, I thought I was all sorted and I'm getting it all ready and just realised I don't have a lot of games, this is what I have can you tell me if it's enough!!

Changing a nappy while blindfolded
    The peg game (not allowed to say certain words)
    Guess when the baby will arrive
    Writing a msg on a nappy
    Wishes for baby (a lil page to fill out for baby)

That's all I have!!

Do any of you have ideas on some games I could add in that won't cost anything? Or very little!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's lovely you're hosting the party I've only been to a couple of baby showers, but the last one I went to they had plastic dummies frozen in ice cubes. Whoevers melted the fastest won. I've seen baby singlet decorating - plain white singlets and fabric paints. Then mum has loads of personalized singlets for bubby to wear. The only one that sticks in my mind is the chocolate in the nappy. As long as you melt the chocolate first and then smear it on the nappy rather than microwave the nappy with chocolate bar insitu like a friend did lol. It did not end well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Guess the baby food flavour. I played this recently at a baby shower. Get a couple of jars of baby food, cover the labels, let everyone taste each one and try and guess the flavour. It's trickier than you think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like guess the lollies in the baby bottle.

You just buy one of those big novelty baby bottles (cheap shop) and fill with lolly of your choice - chico babies (my fav) or jelly babies, milk bottles or whatever you like and all the guests have a go at guessing how many lolly babies or milk bottles or whatever lolly used, whoever is the closest wins the bottle with lollies! Yum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Put the bottle in the baby's mouth - exactly the same as pin the tail on the donkey but person closest to the bottle in babies mouth wins a prize.

Clothes horse game - have a toy baby in one arm and have to get as many pegs off the clothes horse in one hand as fast as possible without dropping baby or pegs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spit the dummy is hilarious! Get a bunch of cheap dummies and see who can spit theirs the furthest. Hilarious 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend had a playdough baby sculpting contest. You had to pick either blue playdough for a boy or pink for a girl then make a sculpture of what you think the baby will look like. It was lots of fun. This next idea isn't a game as such, it's just something nice you can do at a shower: The ladies each choose a bead then write a wish/blessing on a piece of paper to go with it. One by one they read out their blessing and give the bead to the mummy to be. Later on (could do this at home), thread the beads onto a necklace or whatever she chooses to make. The idea is that she can take it to the birth with her and draw strength from it and all the ladies in her life. We did this at mine and it was really lovely. The necklace now hangs in my DS's room, it was a great ice breaker at the baby shower too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Freeze little plastic babies or jelly babies in ice cubes and play "my waters broke" first ones whose ice cube melts and yells out my waters broke wins.

♥ me & my little boy ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had A4 printouts of my face nd hubby's face (enough for one each) and then an A4 printout of a cartoon baby with a big blank face. Handed out scissors and glue and got people to decide what features of each of us bub would have. Also printed out loads of pictures of things to add that either meant something to me or hubs - eg ball, book, rubix cube, footy colours scarf and hat etc
    Got some hilarious results (and rather worrying lol)