+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mumvans - Kia Carnival or Hyundai IMax

Hi there mumvan drivers!

Anyone out there got a late model Kia Carnival or Hyundai IMax?

What do you think of it? What is it like towing? Service costs? Features that you wish it had? Anything that wore out early? Etc

We're a 4WD household but we are looking at getting rid of the smaller 4WD for one of these.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this bump for answers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have just upgraded to Kia Grand Carnival and LOVE IT! We looked at the 2015 model and while it was packed with features, we decides spending $60k plus on a new car that would be trashed by kids within a week wasn't smart so we went with a 2008/2009 model.
    Brilliant to drive, more than ample space inside, not as many features as newer models (no USB connection or Bluetooth connection etc) but still a brilliant car. Great on fuel with longer distance driving, does chew a bit around town though but being 6 cylinder you get that. Seriously cannot fault the Grand Carnivals, new or older. They are just lovely to drive, have plenty of space yet doesn't feel like you are driving a tank. And personally I think they look a hell of a lot nicer than the iMax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another Kia CArnival fan here, we love ours. No experience with towing though. we researched a lot prior to purchase- the iMax measurements meant that it couldn't go into a lot of underground car parks- too high (I work in the city and use carparks all the time) and also, was too wide to fit into a standard garage. CArnival have lowered their height recently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have just had to get a bigger car and got a 2011 carnival with only 35000 kms on it. And we love it!! Super comfy to drive. So easy with the kids and the only one that had enough anchor points! We dont really tow stuff but it did come with a tow bar and I saw one the other day towing a caravan. They are also so zippy and so much power I was shocked lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a new Nissan Patrol but I'm about to go to the latest model Kia Carnival. It doesn't have the power of my V8 4wd but it's beautiful to drive, great features and doesn't look so much like a van. DH tried to convince me to go a iMax or VW but I don't like the look of either and the iMax is really sluggish to drive. (Can you tell I've tested drove a lot of cars haha?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have a Kia grand carnival and I don't like it. It's fine to drive but I don't think it's that's comfortable at all.

But I think I'm just over driving big cars. Cannot wait for my kids to be out of boosters so I can go back to something less like a van.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a 2004 Kia Carnival and I learnt to drive in it. They are pretty comfortable and there was heaps of room. We sold it recently and got a wheelchair accessable Toyota Grand Hiace and as much as I like it, it's not as comfortable as the Kia.