+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am so sorry you have gone through that

He is absolutely gorgeous though. Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Thank you so much for all the kind words. We're both doing much better now, the immediate relief I felt after giving him formula (aside from the guilt for not doing it earlier!) was such a huge weight off my shoulders. We only reallt breastfeed overnight now. He was refusing the breast during the day, though the last few days we've managed a couple of feeds during the day but I've given up on tracking it. Whatever he gets he gets and he always drinks a full bottle after (the most he'd gotten when I was tracking it was 50ml). All in all, I'm just hoping to keep lactating long enough that I'll still have milk when he's 12 months and needing less.

Here's some pictures from last week, you would almost not imagine it was the same baby and that there was only 3 months between pics!

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

adeline14  (11-09-2014),atomicmama  (11-09-2014),debsch  (11-09-2014),Jontu  (11-09-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (11-09-2014),olismumma  (11-09-2014),PomPoms  (11-09-2014),Que Sera  (11-09-2014),TableDancer  (12-09-2014),~Marigold~  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm only 11wks along but hope to be half as good mum as you with tracking etc.

Your bub is beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing.
    It sounds like you are still dealing with the breast refusal issues that you posted about before but it's great that he has kept up the night feeding. I haven't fed at night for a few months but I remember the feeling of 'oh please just let me sleep' when my bub would call me at night but then as soon as I had scooped him up from his cot and settled onto my feeding chair I would think 'oh I love this!'. Feeding a happy snuggly warm baby at night is actually so loving and lovely. You feel like the only people in the world and it was always during these feeds that I would think about how short a period I would have an infant for and remind myself to enjoy it. Anyway my point is..... I hope you are both enjoying your night feeds while also enjoying having a happy thriving bottle fed baby during the day.
    Your post really demonstrates that when we know better we do better. You have done your very best for your baby everyday of his life and the fact that it took awhile to find support to educated and help you is nothing at all to be ashamed about.
    Good luck with the rest of your journey. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-09-2014)

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Mumma, thanks for sharing x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Goblin Queen this post really broke my heart as I also went through this with dd and it reminded me of everyone who wasnt listening to me when I told them I was concerned about her little weight gain. She only weighed 2.9 kgs at birth and only put on 1kg in 3 months
    I bf for 3 months believing formula would never be "good enough" it was only after taking her to ed for her reflux that a paed saw her and told me to stop making it difficult for us both and give her a bottle. I was a mess!
    It started as a top up but then she decided to refuse the breast and there my breastfeeding journey ended... but seeing how healthy and happy she became as she was actually getting food changed everything, her growth, contentment, my pnd etc.
    I have similar photos that shatter me when I see them, I even almost deleted them
    Im so glad your lo is thriving, he's gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing and allowing another bh member to share her experience too x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (11-09-2014),PomPoms  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And ftr im not anti bf now, im planning on bf no2 when he joins us in nov but now I know the signs and wont pressure myself

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

adeline14  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am so so sorry you had to go through this! it is not your fault you very obviously tried so hard to do what was best for your baby. If it makes you feel at all any better my son was failure to thrive because I was feeding him formula that he was allergic to!!! He wasnt as little as your baby but he did only gain 1.3kg in 4 months. And has only just now at almost 8 months doubled his birth weight.

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by LiterallyNoOne; 11-09-2014 at 07:28.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you for sharing! Massive hugs to you ♥

It's stories like this that make me question whether 'breast is best' is pushed on us too much. The guilt we feel when it's not working as it should be can't solely come from within us, surely? There are many great health professionals that tell us it's okay to switch to formula, but there are still those that don't believe there is a reason good enough (and I've unfortunately dealt with these types) and they tend to speak louder to us. I'd like to see a switch from 'breast is best' to 'breast is best - if EVERYONE is happy'.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

adeline14  (11-09-2014),Apple iPhart6  (11-09-2014),beebs  (11-09-2014),Chippa  (11-09-2014),PomPoms  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Thank you so much for all the kind words. We're both doing much better now, the immediate relief I felt after giving him formula (aside from the guilt for not doing it earlier!) was such a huge weight off my shoulders. We only reallt breastfeed overnight now. He was refusing the breast during the day, though the last few days we've managed a couple of feeds during the day but I've given up on tracking it. Whatever he gets he gets and he always drinks a full bottle after (the most he'd gotten when I was tracking it was 50ml). All in all, I'm just hoping to keep lactating long enough that I'll still have milk when he's 12 months and needing less.

Here's some pictures from last week, you would almost not imagine it was the same baby and that there was only 3 months between pics!

Attachment 60620

Attachment 60621
    Big hugs to both of you.

You are doing a good job of looking after your little bloke. It certainly is rough when well meaning 'experts' are trying to advise to do something when it isn't working. I have so much more time for experts that take a broader view of welfare and well being. Your little bloke looks great now.

Just a heads up - so that your pics cannot be misused by other persons (being on a public forum) you may want to consider de-identifying your bubba (crop the image).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post: