+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have 3 boys, 6, 4 and 1. Most days the actual parenting part feels easy, they get along quite well and I have realised recently that they are quite well behaved in comparison to some of their friends lol.

Washing - there is so much. So so much. I want a bigget washing machine haha

Mess - our house is actually quite neat. DH helps a LOT. He's great. My kids know they have to pick up their room before they go to bed. They're actually pretty good with it.

It can be difficult gettinf out and about sometimes with the ages (we live near the theme parks and taking them all ob my own is hard because if I am with DS3 the older 2 cant go on many rides without an adult) but I've never really been one to not do something becayse of the kids. They go basically everywhere with me.

I am with beebs on the cost of medical issues. My middle son has SPD and some other issues and recently found out DS1 most likely has SPD as well. OT appts, optometrists, glasses, paed appts all adds up but so far its been manageable. We only have a 5 seater car with 3 kids, no issues. They eat A LOT though. DS1 is like a human garbage disposal. It can get expensive.

But I wouldnt change a single thing. Love my boys. (Oh and with the favourite thing - I dont have favourites, I relate to DS2 the most, DS3 is by far the easiest of the 3 and DS1 and I clash something fierce some days. But I think I have pretty equal quality time with them all, and absolutely adore all of them)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLaa View Post
    Following.....

Currently pregnant with #3
    Due in about 8 weeks and freaking out slightly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not everyone finds it hard, and you might be someone where that 3rd baby just fits in to the family so perfectly it is the easiest transition ever. My third is just difficult and he was my most difficult baby which just made everything challenging but we survived. I definitely don't want to go back to the baby years, but I was just watching my oldest and youngest playing on the trampoline last night together and they were having so much fun...they're just the little reminders that regardless of how hard it was, we got through...and even though it's busier and there are more fights and we live in a life that is a bit more chaotic than what we would if we had only had the two, it works!
    On the hard days I just think about the future, and how I'm going to have three adult children to share my life with and that makes me happy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014),LouLaa  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 and I'm 28 weeks pregnant with number 5.

When I was in High School, I didn't think I wanted any kids but here I am!

I've worked the entire time (full time mostly) but somehow it's worked. I can't imagine my life without them.

I was a young mum (19 when I had my first), I had all the judgement and all that. Now my baby is finishing Year 12 and is heading off to Uni to study Palaeontology and Geology. I think I've done pretty good with him, despite all the crap I got when I was younger.

Having a big family is crazy and fun and everything else but you get through it with a whole lot of love.

I am so lucky.

Me 👩 36; DF 👨 34
    DS 🐢 07/02/97
    DD 🐝 27/09/99
    DS 🐳 26/04/02
    DD 🐞 06/09/06
    DD 🐣 Due 03/12/14

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jodes35 For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014),LouLaa  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh and with the favourite thing - I dont have favourites
    Yes, me too - I don't have favourites at all. The boys are all so different one wants to be a scientist - another a sports person, another wants to be a professional ninja turtle and the littlest is deffo the baby in the family. I thought I probably would have a favourite - or one I felt more connected with...but I just don't. So don't stress about that OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 boys. I have always wanted a big family dh not so much so 4 is our max. If it was up to me I would of had 2 more lol but my tubes are now tied and we are content. 4 and one with autism and ADHD is full on I start the day at 6 getting them ready for school and end it at 8.30 that's when I've finished the kitchen and vacuuming and mopping. And all the time in between is go go go. I love it though and wouldn't have it any other way yes it's expensive especially now the older 2 boys are eating so much I'm constantly doing massive food shops and we had to buy a bigger car but still live in a 3 bedroom house and will do so for the next few years until the oldest get that little bit older. We are both considering fostering and possibly adopting in the future we love being parents.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I do not in anyway have favourites but I can see dh gravitates more to our second and fourth.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 Boys here as well. It is always noisy and the washing never ends. Our food bill is getting bigger as they do but I live our big family. I only work 16 hours per week so the balance is pretty good.

I have had to become more relaxed about the house work as I have always been a neat freak.....that said, people come over and comment about how tidy my house is so my view of tidy might be a bit skewed.

Money wise we cope pretty well. We manage mid range private school fees but don't spend much on things like alcohol, technology etc. My Boys are very well dressed as I am a great bargain hunter! We holiday and tend to stay in self catering apartments or Camp in our Camper Trailer. We also eat out and go to movies. We try to go to places were kids eat free and we use Cineplex for movies....it only costs us around $50 for sml drink, popcorn and tickets for 6!!!

For me, going from 2 to 3 was the hardest. I think it may have a lot to do with the child however (he has been full on since birth!). # 4 just slotted in nicely and has bought so much to our family. We did consider another one for a little while but #4 is about to turn 2 and life is getting easier.

I don't have favorites but I find DS1 and I do butt heads often as we have similar personalities. That combined with the fact he is a pre teen make for some testing times.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone for continuing to share.

So many of you have all boys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 1 DD ( 11yrs) then 3 DS (4,6,8 yrs).
    The struggle for me was from 2-3 children. Number 4 was a breeze, if I was a couple of years younger ( and my house was bigger) I'd definitely have number 5!
    Last edited by mumzy1976; 12-09-2014 at 21:18.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mumzy1976 For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wondering how many kids you have, what makes your parenting capacity able to do 3 or more children, (like expectations you've had to let go, standards you've had to relax on)? I guess finance is worth a serious mention too...?

How do you manage to spread yourself amongst all your darling children and feel like you're connecting with them all... and is it hard not to have favourites?

I have 5. 18,16,11,8 and bub. 2 girls 3 boys. Only the 3 boys here fulltime, girls come n go. Usually have 4 at most times.

I manage because a) I dont sleep b) I no longer work outside the home and c) my husband does all outside stuff and usually the washing n ironing 80% of the time.

Im not a particularly patient parent but my strengths are organisation and getting in with the job with no sooking lol.

I find that due to the range of ages and that theyre older I think I give them all decent amounts of time and they all need different things from me.

Yes I have favourites. Im not ashamed to say I prefer my boys over my girls. I know its a bit taboo to say out loud but im honest lol. I find the girls to be spoilt, rude, demanding, lazy and dramatic. And I only have myself to blame.

Financially we are struggling a bit atm which is not a regular thing. Im finding it hard to accept mostly because theres no need for it really if my DH got his act together. Ive learnt over the years to be a pretty great money manager. From the outside looking in we would appear very comfortable and we have zero debt.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)