+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My three are 9, 6.5 and nearly 3 and it's busy! Sometimes I feel like we live in the car with school, activities, sports, sleepovers, parties etc... and as a pp mentioned, the washing never ends!

That said, my youngest has always just fit in with the older two and we've dragged him around the countryside without him giving us much grief. And they all get on really well - the older two do have their squabbles but most of the time they're good mates and all three are happy to go off together and occupy themselves.

I don't want to make it sound like rainbows and lolly pops because there were definitely tough times - Sleep deprivation, the juggle of dinner, bath and bed - especially because DH is often not there to help, but you do get into a groove. I love having my three and if I could, I'd happily have a fourth!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have 4 boys, close together in age the eldest was 4 when the youngest was born.

I agree with the others, I will never have a terribly neat house (well not while they are little anyway) Huge amounts of washing, you have to get a bigger car or update your car (we have a holden commodore wagon and got a dickie seat installed in the back).

In order to be able to stay at home with the kids, we had to move from the area I grew up in (Inner west in Sydney) and move to regional NSW. Which we all love, so that is good

It is expensive, and if any of your kids end up with medical problems - the bills can just mount up with medications and doctors appointments etc.

As a PP said, even eating takeaway is majorly expensive - trips to the cinema! Heck! We spent 120 the other day for the 6 of us, 2 medium popcorns to share and some water! Cafes become hugely expensive as well.

Holidays become harder -you can't get package deals (2 adult 2 kid type ones), and there are even loads of hotels that can't accommodate all 6 in one room. We recently went on a cruise and had to book two rooms and pay for an extra adult in each (as that is what they can sell to someone else for). Things like that to keep in mind.

I am dreading high school and the costs Haha.

Other than that - I am a fairly relaxed person anyway - 4 kids is great fun, I'm a people person and don't like to be alone and I think that helps when you have lots of kids.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=beebs;7928016]I have 4 boys, close together in age the eldest was 4 when the youngest was born.

Wow! You really are my hero!

In order to be able to stay at home with the kids, we had to move from the area I grew up in (Inner west in Sydney) and move to regional NSW. Which we all love, so that is good

I could so do this. Would be in a more rural setting with lots of space tomorrow if I could.

So true what you say about holidays too! I loved camping as a kid, really want to do this with my kids. Might be the main holiday if we do have 4.

I'm still game, even after reading everything.

How do mums with 5 and 6 do it...or more?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love hearing peoples experiences.... we are about to go from 2 - 3 (dd1 - 6, dd2 - 18mth, next due April) hints and tips are very useful!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post

I have NO idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My great grandmother had 13 -including 3 sets of twins, I often have moments where I think "" - haha!

[QUOTE=Lissy12;7928056]
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I have 4 boys, close together in age the eldest was 4 when the youngest was born.

Wow! You really are my hero!

I could so do this. Would be in a more rural setting with lots of space tomorrow if I could.

So true what you say about holidays too! I loved camping as a kid, really want to do this with my kids. Might be the main holiday if we do have 4.

I'm still game, even after reading everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Love hearing peoples experiences.... we are about to go from 2 - 3 (dd1 - 6, dd2 - 18mth, next due April) hints and tips are very useful!
    Totally agree!

Keep them coming!! Pretty please...
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd1 and dd2 were surprises. Had a m/c between dd1 and dd2 as well. Dd3 and dd4 were planned but fell pregnant 1st cycle ttc which we weren't expecting either lol. Had an early m/c just before falling pregnant with dd3 also (only 3 weeks between m/c and falling pregnant with dd3).

He + Me = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (May 2014)
    Embrace the chaos [/QUOTE]

Sorry to read about your m/cs. :-(
    But so glad you've been able to have your 4 though.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mummas with 3 or more kids...

Following.....

Currently pregnant with #3
    Due in about 8 weeks and freaking out slightly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 and love having a big family. Trying to talk dh into another one, however he is not budging, lol. My kids range in age from 2 years to 11 years. I've always been a working mum up until December last year and have found that although finances are tighter I am more relaxed and able to give kids individual attention daily (2 year old gets that all day every day).

I personally found 1-2 hard but 2-3 and 3-4 were easier.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Newstart For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (12-09-2014)