+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    @anewme posted her "wedgey bake" recipe a little while back and that's yummy!
    @anewme

Can you please post this recipe?

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Warm chicken salad is another family favorite.
    Chcken breast cut and coated in a special herb mix. Cut up potato in another herb mix roast both. Diced onion and bacon fried than lettuce and tomato with lots of ranch dressing.

This what I am going to make for dinner tonight if I get my car back today.
    And this one too please? Do you make your own herb mixes or buy them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some delicious sounding dishes here, I'm definitely going to give a few a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Mine is lamb chops done in the slow cooker with tinned tomatoes, herbs, garlic, onion, red wine and a few other things. We call it "that lamb chop slow cooker thing with that sauce on top". We liked it so much I had to write it down so I could replicate it.
    1410402055092.jpg1410402074099.jpg.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Warm Chorizo salad

1 chorizo sausage cubed
    1 onion diced
    About a punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
    A splash of balsamic vinegar
    A drizzle of olive oil

Fry it all up and serve as a side. It's a hit when you have to bring a plate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yummy crummy chicken. I slice chicken into schnitzels and coat them in breadcrumbs, garlic and herb seasoning, multi purpose seasoning and sesame seeds then shallow fry. So good. I never know what to do with chicken and this is so quick and easy.

ETA- Also, If we are being really bad, I make a family recipe type of potato bake. Sliced potatoes (par boiled) in a baking dish with French onion soup mix sprinkled over the top and a small carton of cream. Baked. Delish!
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 11-09-2014 at 16:07.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't make these up myself, one is a recipe that someone in my grandmas family made up and the other my mum made up. But they are family favourites. I don't have actual measurements though!

'Mushroom meatballs'-
    Ingredients: 500g mince, potatoes, mushrooms, canned cream of mushroom soup, milk. Bacon, onion, spices optional.
    Using 500g of mince, make some small meatballs (adding whatever spices you want for flavoring, I often add diced onion and bacon also) and spread evenly in a high-edge baking dish, leaving about 2cm gaps between each meatball. Dice up some potatoes and spread these evenly between the gaps until there are no spaces in the bottom of the dish. Slice enough mushrooms to cover the potatoes and meatballs entirely (I add HEAPS of sliced mushrooms), and then mix a can of mushroom soup with half a can of milk, and pour on top of the dish, making sure that the mushrooms are all covered in the soup. Place in the oven at 180, and cook for approximately an hour. It's ready when the potatoes are cooked.

Dutch salad- (this one sounds and looks strange but is soooo yummy, great for summer!) Best made day before.
    Ingredients- potatoes, shallots (chopped), jar of bread and butter cucumber, jar of pickled onions (red for contrast), eggs,mayonnaise, a few tins of mackerel/salmon, can of peas and carrots.

Pre-boil eggs and let cool. Dice potatoes and boil until soft. Drain and let cool in fridge and then mash with mayonnaise until consistency is smooth. Mix in chopped shallots, b&b cucumbers (leave a few for on top), pickled onions, chopped egg (leave a couple for on top), mackerel/salmon, and peas and carrots. Spread a layer of mayonnaise on top and decorate with remaining b&b cucumbers and sliced eggs, leave in fridge overnight to chill.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~ElectricPink~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few dishes where I've just thrown things together, but two of the easiest and biggest hits in this house are:

Tortillas and Mince
    Mince browned with diced onion, 1-2tsp cumin, 1tbs tomato paste, 1-2tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1-2tbs sweet chilli sauce, 1 tin kidney beans and 1 tin diced tomatoes. Serve with tortillas and sour cream.

Creamy Pasta
    Fry diced bacon until cooked, add tin of sliced champignons and cook, add enough thickened cream for the amount of pasta you cook, add some grated parmesan cheese and simmer until cream thickens a little. Serve on pasta of your choice.

Edit - oh and yes, these are totes not healthy meals - hence why my kids love them

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so only sort of made up, but my dd loves them. Oat biscuits- Equal amounts of rolled oats and apple puree/mashed banana. Place teaspoons on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for approximately 20 minutes until brown. Cool or a wire tray. I added a handful of sultanas and some cinnamon, but you could add whatever you like. I'm thinking of adding chia seeds next time. So very easy and no nasties or added sugar.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mexican bake
    Lots of mexican-friendly veg, kidney beans, tinned tomatoes/chopped tomatoes/tomato puree (depending on what we have), black pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion. Mix it all up, layer with tortillas in an oven dish & bake. Serve with coriander & tabasco.

Balsamic pasta
    Mix some chopped bacon, chopped tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), olive oil & lots of baslamic vinegar in a baking dish. A bit of brown sugar if that's your thing. Bake. Cook pasta & boil/stem some veg (broccoli's great). Mix it all up & serve. SO tasty.

There must be more, but can't think what at the moment.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (13-09-2014)