+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How on earth do I find out I'm fertile without spending a fortune?

I am breast feeding my baby. In the last 8 months I have had 2 periods, one at 4 months after birth and then another at about 7 months. Does this alone mean I am fertile?I purchased a pregnancy planning kit from Woolies for $25 and didn't get one positive ovulation result so purchased another with the same result. Some of the strips were faulty and the control line didn't even appear. Much to my annoyance.I want to fall pregnant before my baby is one. Before Christmas would be ideal. This month would be just fantastic! I just have no idea if I am even fertile. My baby doesn't sleep through the night, no signs of doing so so could that stop me from ovulating even though I've had two periods?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know it might be a bit hard if you're getting up at all hours of the night, but could you maybe chart your bbt? That way it should become fairly obvious whether you're definitely ovulating or not.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical Mucus

I had to Google BBT. Thank you. What about cervical mucus? This morning it was thin but I could stretch it, almost like saliva??? Sorry, TMI. Now it's kind of pasty, thick but still slippery? I have no idea how to actually try to make a baby do I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are apps to chart all your symptoms which might help but I'd definitely suggest bbt charting. You can get good cheap ovulation tests off eBay too. Even if you are ovulating and have sex at the right time it can still take months to get pregnant unfortunately! Sex 2-3 times per week is what doctors would probably recommend.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try using these, they are really affordable and TGA approved and when i ordered mine, they took around 7-8 days to arrive, im in a group elsewhere and for other health reasons it is imperative that we all know our hormone levels and these tests are gold for a great starting point for us, and fantastic for what you need it for I have heard it is best in the afternoon to test and not to drink stacks of water beforehand purposely to test, and to try for the same time, so maybe try for 2pm every arvo, ive also seen people get a huge poster and tape each test to it, to with the date written next to it, so you can keep track of the change in colour as it makes it easier rather than chucking them out and not knowing the difference or knowing what test was on what day Good luck with your testing http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-x-OVUL...item35be953c68