+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Mat Leave regrets

Do you feel like you made the most of your Mat leave? Do you have any regrets?

With DS1 with hindsight I regretted spending too much time cleaning and not enough time sitting back and enjoying bub. With DS2 I don't spend *as much* time cleaning (sort of cheating..having a cleaner helps!) but I still can't help but feel I am
    not making the most of things and may have regrets when I return to work in 4 months... Can't put my finger on it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe make a list.
    For me my plans are to be on top of home organisation, have a well stocked pantry/frozen meals, have gifts ready ahead of time, family photos, hands n feet done etc etc

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Maybe make a list.
    For me my plans are to be on top of home organisation, have a well stocked pantry/frozen meals, have gifts ready ahead of time, family photos, hands n feet done etc etc

Good idea. I have lists I write each day etc but not overall goals.
    What do you mean hands and feet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little bit off topic but have you heard of bullet journaling, VP? If you're into lists and like being organised it is an amazing tool. I find it saves me time and frees up my bub time as I feel more on top of things. Google it and you tube it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Little bit off topic but have you heard of bullet journaling, VP? If you're into lists and like being organised it is an amazing tool. I find it saves me time and frees up my bub time as I feel more on top of things. Google it and you tube it.
    Thanks... I googled it and watched a short clip. I sort of do something similar at home with long term "to-do's" on a whiteboard and daily "to-do's" on a sticky note nearby. Before I go to bed I write the next days "to-do's", drawing from the whiteboard if needed.

What I haven't done is what ozeymum suggested: look at longer term goals (not "to-do's" but goals).

I think I have been getting the $hits with how long it takes me to prep baby food each week, pretty much 1 day a week of chopping, peeling, blending. I feel it is taking away from my time with bub/getting things done around the house, so I am looking into some short cuts there. I don't want my memories of mat leave to be being knee deep in purée.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good idea. I have lists I write each day etc but not overall goals.
    What do you mean hands and feet?
    Hands n feet casting eg impressionable kids or twinkle toes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well one of my biggest regrets, which was really outside of my control, is my maternity leave running out 3 weeks after we took DD home!! The other 15 weeks was spent in the NICU.. so at 4 weeks old I was doing a little work from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Well one of my biggest regrets, which was really outside of my control, is my maternity leave running out 3 weeks after we took DD home!! The other 15 weeks was spent in the NICU.. so at 4 weeks old I was doing a little work from home.
    What do you do for a crust? Working when bub is so young sucks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What do you do for a crust? Working when bub is so young sucks...
    I'm a contracts consultant (ex engineer transitioning to the world of law, I review construction contracts and assist with claims). Very fortunate that I can work from home.

Hope you can find out what it is that you think will make the maternity leave experience better before time runs out!