+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I fell preggers with ds2 when still bf'ing ds1 twice per day. Ds1 self weaned when I was about 3 months along.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, not necessarily. I conceived second time when I was breastfeeding my first, then I was tandem nursing both boys when I became pregnant again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I haven't read any replies but the short answer is no. If your period has returned then it's likely you are ovulating so pregnancy is possible. While you are still feeding your cycles may be slightly more irregular but you can still get pregnant. If I was you I would set a time limit (like 6months) and if no pregnancy then try tracking ovulation for a few months and if still no luck then I would consider weaning. That would be my plan. Hopefully you can find a plan you are happy with.

When I night weaned my son (still feeding 3 times in the day) I was preggo within a few weeks!!! I am sending you all my fertility good vibes!
    Xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (10-09-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel pregnant with this baby while dd3 was bf she was having a lot more feeds then your one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your period is back you don't need to wean. I didn't get my period back at all. That's why I had to wean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the advice and the positive stories.

I do plan to wean at some point but I want to do it slowly and when the time is right. But I am so crazy clucky right now!! I am so glad I don't have to choose between weaning and TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only got af back when ds was 17 months. I had 4 periods before dd conceived and I'm pretty sure the first 2-3 weren't fertile. It was the last overnight feed that I needed to cut out...then was fertile. He was still feeding AT LEAST 5 times in 24 hours.