+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's awful how cruel of him to leave you at a time like this.

I personally would avoid a c section at all costs if you aren't going to have any support. Recovering from a c section is going to be extremely difficult if you don't have anyone to help you.

I hope that your husband comes to his senses and decides to step up as a father for his unborn child. If he doesn't want to be in the marriage, fine.. But he shouldn't abandon his child & he should be there to support you as the mother of his child. Sounds like you might be better off without this disappointment in your life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh you poor thing!

You can do this! You're more incredible than you ever thought.

If you're not comfortable having a friend there could I suggest a student midwife? DP and I had one at the birth and she was incredible. So supportive, stayed with us the whole time and we had met her before the birth so had a lot of trust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    The father of my child was very absent throughout my pregnancy, didn't come to any scans, drs appointments etc, and whilst I had the incredible support from my family and friends, it still felt like I was alone, like that wasn't how it was supposed to be. My best friend stepped in and basically became the 'father'. I was mostly alone in hospital, not many visitors, which in all honesty I didn't mind, gave me a chance to work things out on my own, with the support of the medical staff. I felt like I was going to be alone out of hospital, might as well get used to it now!

Having said all that, i do rely heavily on my family and friends. They are my village, I truly believe you need one. Try and let people in, don't be scared to ask for help. It's ok to be overwhelmed, it passes. Some days you'll feel like you're on top of things, other days you feel like you're spiralling out of control.

Just remember that you are enough and that you can do it!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leahmaree For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-09-2014),Explora  (15-09-2014),harvs  (10-09-2014),SuperGranny  (15-09-2014),wobbleyhorse  (10-09-2014),~Marigold~  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry this awful man is doing this to you.
    Reach out to your friends, I am sure they will rally around you and step up to help.
    Speak to your care providers and let them know what is going on.
    A trainee midwife could be someone great to have by your side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What on earth is he thinking? Seriously, why couldn't he have just sucked it up for another few weeks? My mind is absolutely blown, I am so sorry your in this situation.

You've been given some wonderful options, I also don't think a c/s is a good option if you'll be flying solo. If anyone at all asked me to support them through their labour, I would be there with bells on & if you would like I would happily support you.

Does your hospital run a support group for single mothers? It might be worth joining if they do. You can do this, you are braver than you think & stronger than you feel.

Pm me if there is anything I can do to help, love & light xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be giving birth on my own. I understand where you're coming from in regards to feeling lonely and scared.

Maybe you can get in touch with a social worker at the hospital you'll be birthing at. They should be able to help you with setting up some support for you for the birth.

Please be kind to yourself

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through this xx I gave birth completely on my own with dd2 her dad left when I was 16weeks because my 24/7 morning sickness was too much for him to handle then after had nothing to do with us, anyway I had one amazing midwife that knew my situation and gave me lots of support and I was able to deliver my girl on my own with his support, hope everything goes ok for you it's tough and you shouldn't be in this position but sometimes things are out of our control and you will get a beautiful baby at the end of it

Sent from my HTC_0P6B

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only just seen this now, and first off, please let me say I'm sorry for the loneliness you feel. While I am not in your position, and I am only at the cusp at TTC, I know I will be doing it by myself and I'm not sure that the people I have around me, will be able to support me as much as we hope they can (other life commitments, and for the honest fact that there's some I just wouldn't feel comfortable there, as well).

However, I would definitely look into some local supports that at this time, such as others have suggested with a midwife. Most of all too, I would personally suggest finding some support for yourself - because this is a lot of stress placed on you right now, and you matter just as much as your bub! We will all be here for you in addition and it seems like there's a lot of other mom's who have (unfortunately) similar experiences.

My warmest wishes and thoughts to you and your little one. Your husband honestly, doesn't know what he's missing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Webby I am very sorry and would like to be your support person I always good to with a new friend.

I am not pregnant or had kids but can sort of relate to you I am a single woman going through IVF and its not easy if you like we can exchange email I am not sure how to private inbox you on here as I am new. I am located in Melbourne where abouts are you located?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts