Closed Thread
Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    No still here, just slow

Congratulations it is so nerve racking I know. I'm 8 weeks three days... Even seeing a heartbeat last week still has me waiting with nerves... Best of luck to us both
    Congratulations! I'm only four weeks so have a long way to go. How lovely that you saw the heartbeat. Apparently once you see a heartbeat your chance of mc drop to 4% or something like that. My OB said he'd arrange a scan at six weeks this time to check things out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Congratulations! I'm only four weeks so have a long way to go. How lovely that you saw the heartbeat. Apparently once you see a heartbeat your chance of mc drop to 4% or something like that. My OB said he'd arrange a scan at six weeks this time to check things out.
    Yeah I went at 7 weeks for scan. I Didn't bother seeing my doc till bout 6 weeks. I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy... So honestly it was so awesome to see a heartbeat and my little blob..... Just hanging out for the 12 week mark now.. Just have to book in my scan . I think I'm more scared something will be wrong with bub than actually mc again now (which sort of go hand in hand.... But last time my scan was at 9 weeks, and they found a 7 week empty sac.... So at least I'm not worried about that happening again now)

So you've seen ob already? I had to get a new referral, so am not going till like 13 weeks
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 02-11-2014 at 07:32.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Yeah I went at 7 weeks for scan. I Didn't bother seeing my doc till bout 6 weeks. I had a blighted ovum with my first pregnancy... So honestly it was so awesome to see a heartbeat and my little blob..... Just hanging out for the 12 week mark now.. Just have to book in my scan . I think I'm more scared something will be wrong with bub than actually mc again now (which sort of go hand in hand.... But last time my scan was at 9 weeks, and they found a 7 week empty sac.... So at least I'm not worried about that happening again now)

So you've seen ob already? I had to get a new referral, so am not going till like 13 weeks
    Chances are you'll be completely fine. It's really unlikely to happen again. I won't see my ob til 8 weeks but he delivered my DS and did my d&c. He told me after the d&c that I can have an early scan so I don't have to wait so long. I was unfortunately in the 4% of people who see a properly growing bub with a strong heartbeat who lost it anyway. It actually died the day after a perfectly healthy looking scan. I knew there was something wrong though, I was spotting brown and dark red blood from about 5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies could I join you please? Just got my BFP. I assume I'm at 4 weeks. I had a mc in August and I'm completely terrified it's going to happen again.
    Hi @Sally1981 welcome and congratulations here's to uneventful pregnancy! Sorry for your previous loss.

Not much to report on here I've made it to 32 weeks now and still on weekly appts with my OB. I had a big scan this week to check on fluid levels,baby growth and so on, all is looking good FX it stays that way. I am actually thinking I might gave to start getting organised for this baby soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    @lilyloubelle how did you go??
    @French Pear. DS is 4 on 15th March, Im due 10th April. If i have to have a csect, ill be pushing for the 30th of march as i want to be home for easter. Ill be 38+3 so dont see any reason they wouldnt do it. But im hoping to have a VBAC.

I should know more about my VBAC chances after 20ish weeks when i book into my birthing hospital. Up till now im only seeing my GP, once i book into hospital ill see an OB and MWs too.

My GP is very Anti-VBAC (AND ANTI BFING!! if you cant do it naturally - he didnt want to give me a motillium script with DS) and says they will offer a VBAC but not to take it because its too risky, then handed me some info on uterine rupture, excess bleeding etc. His scare tactics are working on DF who is now pushing for me to have a planned Csect

Its a different hospital to where i had DS, but the one i SHOULD have went too instead of the one DF insisted i go too because of it being closer to the dragon (MIL)

Since ive had DS they have completely redone the maternity ward, looking at photos, at least 1 of the 4 delivery rooms has a bath, and the maternity ward is on the top floor with ocean views! And my mum now lives on the same street, about 4 mins up from it. She will have DS while im in, DF will stay there too. Should be alot better experience than my birth with DS!

With DS we planned to birth 1hr away (same distance as this other hospital, but it crossed into SA, we're in vic) When i rocked up in labour, my waters had broken, but DS wasnt engaged...i had high BP and a high BMI so they figured i was too high risk....a few hours later we were being flown a further 5 hours away to adelaide where i ended up having DS. 6hrs from home

Mum drove up in our car too. She had nowhere to stay, no clothes, no money (left purse at home...2am "omg my daughters in labour" rush jobs tend to make u forget things lol) DF only had 1 change of clothes, and stayed in the hospital with me.

At least this time, mum can wash DF and mine and bubs clothes, and theres beds there, and DS will be happy. Pretty win win all around i think.
    My DD1 will be 2 months of 3 when this baby arrives. Your GP doesn't sound very supportive. I think you should do what your most comfortable with. The hospital you are planning on this times sounds like a much better option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies could I join you please? Just got my BFP. I assume I'm at 4 weeks. I had a mc in August and I'm completely terrified it's going to happen again.
    Welcome Sally and congratulations!! Im 16+2 with #2. I had a MC back in May 2010, then concieved our DS in the July. He will be 4 in March. Im due early april with this bub.

Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Not much to report on here I've made it to 32 weeks now and still on weekly appts with my OB. I had a big scan this week to check on fluid levels,baby growth and so on, all is looking good FX it stays that way. I am actually thinking I might gave to start getting organised for this baby soon.
    Yay!! how exciting! it must be so reassuring having regular appointments! Organising is the fun part

My GP is a good GP when something is wrong, but is kinda opinionated, but ive been seeing him for years, so know to take his strong opinions with a grain of salt. However, if something is wrong, he is very proactive and doesnt mess around. Put me on daily checkups for a while when i was UTD with DS as my BP was going up, and he wanted to monitor it, and then again while he was adjusting the medication for it. No appointment needed, just rock up and be seen.

On the subject of my GP, my appointment went well. 1kg gain for the month. BP is great, he heard bubs heartbeat, sent off my hospital referral, and i got my morph scan referral for the 17th! Hopefully we find out bubs gender!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow you ladies are so far along! I feel slightly envious any tips for getting through the first trimester? I not enjoying this at all. Every time I go to the bathroom I steel myself, expecting to see blood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow you ladies are so far along! I feel slightly envious any tips for getting through the first trimester? I not enjoying this at all. Every time I go to the bathroom I steel myself, expecting to see blood.
    The other girls may have some better coping tips. I haven't had a miscarriage before but my DD2 was stillborn at 20 weeks. So this whole pregnancy has been me just waiting for something to go wrong. I has just set myself small milestones to reach and got a feral Doppler so I can listen to buns heartbeat where ever I like which I have found very reassuring, also because I'm now considered a high risk pregnancy and had some complications early on this time I've been seeing my OB 2 times a week, now down to weekly and he scans me at each appt, so that is hugely reassuring. Most of the girls have said once they got past the point of their loss last time some anxiety eased and once you start to feel regular movements that brings less anxiety as well.

Unfortunately pregnancy after loss really loses it's sparkle as you always have some anxiety surrounding it.

I have given myself eye strain this pregnancy being on knicker watch haha

I hope that you find a way to cope so you can enjoy your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you French Pear. There was actually some brown spotting this morning so it's not looking good. As long as it goes quickly this time instead of it dragging out for a month like it did last time.

I'm so sorry for your previous loss. That sounds terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thank you French Pear. There was actually some brown spotting this morning so it's not looking good. As long as it goes quickly this time instead of it dragging out for a month like it did last time.

I'm so sorry for your previous loss. That sounds terrible.
    Brown blood isn't necessarily bad, its old blood...
    I had 2 mc's before DD who is 10 weeks. I 2 big bleeds with her which turned out to be a haematoma. Don't give up.. stay positive. .
    Hope this one is sticky, fingers crossed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app