Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    So just curious, when u eventually did get pregnant again how soon did you go see a doctor? How long after mc did it take for u to get pregnant again? Did anyone seek fertility advice when it seemed to take too long to get pregnant again?
    I saw my GP at 5 weeks as I was having quite a bit of cramping pain, particularly down my right side. I thought it may have been the beginning on an MC. Dr sent me off for an early scan as she was worried it might be an ectopic pregnancy. I then had my first OB appointment at 8 weeks.

I miscarried in mid-August last year and was pregnant again January this year. We hadn't been DTD until November/December as I just wasn't in a good head space, so really it didn't take us long at all.

No fertility advice sought as it was a short amount of time and we weren't really trying, i.e. happy with or without a baby. As to how long to wait to do that, it probably depends how old you are. Over 35, I'd maybe only wait six months before getting everything checked out. Younger maybe up to 12 months. Depends how keen you are and also how familiar you are with your cycle. I know before the first pregnancy I was way off base in terms of when I was actually ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for answering cat. my obs seemed to say 6 months even though I'm under 35... Was more it took 4 years to get first bfp. I'm just thinking if I do get pregnant again I just don't want to be stuffed around by my gp like last time... So considering waiting a bit longer before going when the time comes.
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 10-10-2014 at 17:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Thought id drop in while awake and free!
    Sorry i haven't been around much. the tiredness is killing me!! I'm now 14+2 and slowly feel my energy creeping back.. I'm not needing a nap each day plus an early bed time! Morning sickness...the little bit i had has gone too. our nt scan went well. bub is such a wriggler though.

Lily.. after my mc i had one af come (normally...on time) and we got our bfp the next cycle.. i seen my gp that day (11dpo/cd28) and got a blood
    test etc done. Scan at 8 weeks. ob at 9.

This time...ttc #2 took 19/20 months. my gp done some tests at 12 months and all came back clear. i decided my weight was the problem so shed 25kgs and here i am

How are all the bubs going? Where are the other preggy mums to be at? Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @shadowangel0205, so glad that your NT scan went well. It's a relief, isn't it!

I had to laugh. To cope with a newborn I need an early bedtime and daytime nap. It comes full circle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay on nt scan results
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 12-10-2014 at 09:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Cat74 yep I'm not looking foward to a newborn...AND an active kinder boy!! Thankfully ds really is fantastic and is in 2 1/2 days a week at kinder and a half day for childcare next year lol. ill need all the rest with newbie i can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gosh, you ladies who already have other children and a new one on the way, I don't know how you do it! I really don't! These newborn days are tough but having to look after another child/children as well...that is an entirely different definition of exhaustion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilyloubelle I haven't had a miscarriage but my DD2 was stillborn at 20 weeks, my OB told me I could start trying whenever I was ready after I had my 6 week check up. Different situation than yours though.. I saw my GP as soon as I had my first positive HPT so I could get BT done and I'm not one to wait around so if took me longer than a few months I would be asking for a referral for a FS sooner rather than later. Have you had fertility issues in the past?

@Kwazii glad you are feeling heaps of wiggling, its so reassuring. Have you booked in for your 20 week scan and will you find out the sex?

@Cat74 breastfeeding is a difficult journey, its so not as easy as you expect! I exclusively fed DD1 till 6 weeks then started starving her, which I didn't know I was doing, then mixed fed till 10 weeks when she just started breast refusing me so we were FF from 10 weeks. I think once its getting stressful for you both than sometimes its much better to move onto FF, when everyone is much more calm and you know how much milk they are getting too and the sleeping improves

@shadowangel0205 its so great when your energy starts coming back and MS is disappearing! Its like coming back to the land of the humans lol.

AFM - 30 weeks on Thursday! I'm still waiting for something to go wrong, which is awful but I just can't relax still. I've booked my csection date, which is pretty exciting, I really can't wait to have this baby. I'm still on weekly appointments with my OB just to make sure everything is still running smoothly plus it does help with my anxiety. How is everyone feeling with the weather heating up? You ladies are all going to be very pregnant over summer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @lilyloubelle I haven't had a miscarriage but my DD2 was stillborn at 20 weeks, my OB told me I could start trying whenever I was ready after I had my 6 week check up. Different situation than yours though.. I saw my GP as soon as I had my first positive HPT so I could get BT done and I'm not one to wait around so if took me longer than a few months I would be asking for a referral for a FS sooner rather than later. Have you had fertility issues in the past?

AFM - 30 weeks on Thursday! I'm still waiting for something to go wrong, which is awful but I just can't relax still. I've booked my csection date, which is pretty exciting, I really can't wait to have this baby. I'm still on weekly appointments with my OB just to make sure everything is still running smoothly plus it does help with my anxiety. How is everyone feeling with the weather heating up? You ladies are all going to be very pregnant over summer!
    Hey frenchpear. My doc seemed to say 6 months to do fertility tests.... No haven't really had fertility issues... Though it did take roughly 4 years to get the first positive (though I put this down to hubby away for three of those years on and off... On tracking figured we always seemed to be too tired or away during fertile zones... I've also list 20kgs this year... So wasn't ready to admit defeat)

Yay on being 30 weeks too Hun, must be hard though for u big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 14-10-2014 at 20:30.