Closed Thread
Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Are they going to have you do more than one? I thought the further into pregnancy you are the more risk you have of developing GD...
    No idea.

I know though too I did a fasting sugar test when they first did my bloods to confirm pregnancy too... Which was all good.... One good thing at least I'm on days off coming up so can do the long test
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 04-12-2014 at 13:24.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just stretched, like a tired stretch and I had the biggest sharp shooting pain just above my right hip. I'm having an over anxious day, any ideas on what would cause that kind of pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    No idea.

I know though too I did a fasting sugar test when they first did my bloods to confirm pregnancy too... Which was all good.... One good thing at least I'm on days off coming up so can do the long test
    Oh so you've already done one test? I was going to warn you that that test can he awful. I failed the one hour one then passed the two hour. I tried to go to work after the first one. After half an hour I was shaking and teary and in too bad a state to get home. My mum had to pick me up. Once I got home and lying down I was ok. After the second I went straight home so that was better. I was about 27 weeks then, though.

As for the ob. Mine went away for a conference for a week which he didn't tell me about when I was 38/39 weeks. It was ok but was a bit of an issue when my blood pressure started to rise. In hindsight I think my Ob would have recognised pre eclampsia and that point and DS would have been induced that week. In the end, my ob was in sydney when DS was born, but off call. The on call ob was fine and, to be honest, they turn up right at the end when you're pretty much off your head so it didn't really matter (although it would probably make a difference for follow up inside the hospital).

Anyway, my 2c! So excited for you in your second trimester!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just stretched, like a tired stretch and I had the biggest sharp shooting pain just above my right hip. I'm having an over anxious day, any ideas on what would cause that kind of pain?
    That used to happen to me all the time with DS. It was nothing. I deliberately haven't stretched like that this time because I remember the pain. I also used to get crippling pain in my right side when walking any more than half a block. My ob helpfully diagnosed it as 'pain in my right side when walking'. I really wouldn't worry about the pain you're talking about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope that's all it is. Getting nervous for my ob appointment tomorrow, I really hope she does a scan and measures the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Oh so you've already done one test? I was going to warn you that that test can he awful. I failed the one hour one then passed the two hour. I tried to go to work after the first one. After half an hour I was shaking and teary and in too bad a state to get home. My mum had to pick me up. Once I got home and lying down I was ok. After the second I went straight home so that was better. I was about 27 weeks then, though.

As for the ob. Mine went away for a conference for a week which he didn't tell me about when I was 38/39 weeks. It was ok but was a bit of an issue when my blood pressure started to rise. In hindsight I think my Ob would have recognised pre eclampsia and that point and DS would have been induced that week. In the end, my ob was in sydney when DS was born, but off call. The on call ob was fine and, to be honest, they turn up right at the end when you're pretty much off your head so it didn't really matter (although it would probably make a difference for follow up inside the hospital).

Anyway, my 2c! So excited for you in your second trimester!
    I haven't done the full 2 hour one no, it was just part of my routine bloods so was just a fasting rate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    I haven't done the full 2 hour one no, it was just part of my routine bloods so was just a fasting rate
    It was ok when I didn't go to work. Just don't push yourself that day xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    It was ok when I didn't go to work. Just don't push yourself that day xx
    Oh yeah I won't do it on a work day.

As it is I had an obs appointment this morning and then came home and did some marking, then ended up with a pounding headache.... Sigh only 8 to mark.... But geez... Wanted them done done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Holy crap... So baby had a huge growth spurt in the last week... :O

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant after miscarriage - thread #2

Holy crap... So baby had a huge growth spurt in the last week... :O