Closed Thread
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @acerbaby I'm sorry you are going through this. Big hugs. I haven't had a miscarriage but my daughter was stillborn at 20 weeks. I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant.

We lost our DD2 in December last year and for a long while there was no way I could contemplate having/trying for another one, but loosing DD2 left a huge hole in our lives and to help us try and heal TTC again was the only answer and it has helped in a way, but there is a lot of stress with the subsequent pregnancy after loss, all the girls in here know it thats why its so good to have them to chat with as they know what the fears and anxieties are being pregnant after loss.

I think just take your time and look after yourself in this awful time and see how you feel in a few weeks or maybe a few months. I think the need for another child will come back to you, in time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @acerbaby

I felt exactly the same way when I miscarried last year. I said to DH many times during those following months that I didn't want to try to get pregnant again (it was a surprise pregnancy) because I just couldn't cope with / go through that kind of loss again. It just about broke me. I really wasn't myself and didn't feel "normal" for quite a long time. And people around me kept having babies. My sister included. I was a very strange mix of devastated for what we'd lost but overjoyed for her - my nephew is an absolute delight! And, you know what, it was spending time with him that eventually pulled me out of my black state of mind. I still freaked out when I found out I was pregnant again, and worried about every niggle during the pregnancy, but now he's here I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Give yourself some time to grieve and to physically heal and rebalance and you might feel differently. You don't need to make any decisions right away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words and advice ladies, you're all so brave and strong. I'll get back there again I hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just popping in briefly on my phone. ill do replies tonight on the pc hopefully.

all is well here was far as i know. I'm 12+1. We have our nt scan wednesday. i can't wait! It will be interesting.. i tried the doppler again last night and our lil hyperactive gymnast wouldn't sit still! Id hold the probe perfectly still.....hearing very little... then id hear watery bubbles like underwater fish sounds...then a big thud of bubbas heart as it raced past...then silence.... more bubbles and a woosh of water and a few quick thuds!! Very cheeky!!

Ms has pretty much gone. i just have this lingering awful metallic taste.

@acerbaby I'm so sorry for your loss. for me i needed to ttc also to heal (despite the ob i seen be an absolute jack*** about my weight... told me if i got utd again he wouldn't see me as i was too heavy...i nedded to go on the pill again and lose some weight as that's what caused my mc. he suggested a diet of no carbs no dairy and limited lean meats with salad and veg...
    i didn't listen lol... i got 1Af and we were blessed with ds.
    I found being around pregnant women and babies excruciating until i was utd again. i didn't know these women and i would be hating them for having what i didn't... my world crashed around me when my NIECE announced she was pregnant. i couldn't even talk after she announced.... just went silent and hung up the phone. i was still bleeding from my mc so that hurt an awful lot. i couldn't hear her name or voice or look at her without tears. everyone was saying i needed to get over it and see a shrink and gp for depri pushed through it as hard as it was and when she was 10 weeks i gave her a gift for bub and a hug. i couldn't manage words... but cried ... but it was what i needed to do... it got easier from then...slowly.... a few weeks later... we discovered i was pregnant again!! Our boys are 6weeks apart and its brought us heaps closer... so while it was hard... its ended up happy. now the roles are reversrd! I'm utd and she's ttc again. though we were ttc 20 cycles...she only started around when i fell.... ession.

Hang in there and do whatever works for you...one day at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just checking in to see how everyone is going? Hopefully really well

I'll be 29 weeks on Thursday - bring it on! Things seem to be progressing well, still on weekly appointments with my OB, which is good for the reassurance.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (07-10-2014),Cat74  (06-10-2014),Kwazii  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yay @French Pear, so glad to hear that everything is going well for you!

AFM, Eamon is one month old. I can't really believe that much time has passed. He is such a lovely little fellow...and I'm starting to get used to sleep deprivation...not feeling quite so much like the walking dead any more.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (06-10-2014),Kwazii  (08-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat74 View Post
    Yay @French Pear, so glad to hear that everything is going well for you!

AFM, Eamon is one month old. I can't really believe that much time has passed. He is such a lovely little fellow...and I'm starting to get used to sleep deprivation...not feeling quite so much like the walking dead any more.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!
    Wow @Cat74 I can't believe Eamon is one month old already. Haha how easily you forget the sleep deprivation of those early weeks. How are you going with the feeding? Any issues with him coming our early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    Wow @Cat74 I can't believe Eamon is one month old already. Haha how easily you forget the sleep deprivation of those early weeks. How are you going with the feeding? Any issues with him coming our early?
    I know, it's gone soooo fast...

I was breastfeeding exclusively for the first couple of weeks, and it was going well once we had his tongue tie cut, but the lack of sleep was killing me. We started a bottle of formula for the 9/10pm feed so DH could do that feed and I could go to bed early and get a decent block of sleep to be able to cope with the early morning feeds. Breastfeeding was going well until we did that. It gradually went downhill from there and I'm now weaning him onto all formula with just a quick stint on the boob every second feed to relieve the pressure for me.

Once he started fussing at the boob I really started to hate BFing and he would scream for milk but wouldn't latch on properly any more. I'll be glad when he's solely bottle. He's less frustrated and so am I, plus with a fuller tummy he's sleeping for longer periods. Also, anyone can give him a feed...not always just me! He's been putting on much more weight with the formula, so that's the best part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear it's all going well @Cat74 and @French Pear. I'm 16 weeks now and it's all looking good. I am HUGE. I look about 6 months pregnant and I'm bigger than my friend who's 24 weeks with her 2nd. But as I'm 5'0" and she's over 6 foot her baby has more room to move before having to move out - so we tell each other. I'm feeling lots of wiggling, which is really reassuring. And sometimes they've been so strong that my husband has felt them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So just curious, when u eventually did get pregnant again how soon did you go see a doctor? How long after mc did it take for u to get pregnant again? Did anyone seek fertility advice when it seemed to take too long to get pregnant again?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by lilyloubelle; 09-10-2014 at 19:22.