Closed Thread
Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sally1981 really hope its nothing but a scare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well what an afternoon! Turned up to the ER and they couldn't do an us. Frantically rang around til we found somewhere to fit me in. Anyway, first sonographer took measurements and fetched a 2nd sonographer, who told me I was pg with twins but one was measuring 3 weeks behind. Measured a HB too. They called in the doctor who looked and said it was actually a clot, outside the sac. Other than that fetus measures 7+5 with a HB of 160. Does anyone know what this clot means for me? I've been tested negative for clotting disorders....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow!! It can just naturally happen (clots) and they can pass or be dissolved. or it may have been twins and one passed. I'm glad you got a scan. how scary though!!
    At least you got to see a nice heartbeat! Even with the confusion i hope it helped ease your mind slightly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (26-11-2014)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Well what an afternoon! Turned up to the ER and they couldn't do an us. Frantically rang around til we found somewhere to fit me in. Anyway, first sonographer took measurements and fetched a 2nd sonographer, who told me I was pg with twins but one was measuring 3 weeks behind. Measured a HB too. They called in the doctor who looked and said it was actually a clot, outside the sac. Other than that fetus measures 7+5 with a HB of 160. Does anyone know what this clot means for me? I've been tested negative for clotting disorders....
    Oh you must have sh!t yourself when they told you it was twins!!! I'm so glad bub is doing okay! No idea about the clot though

As for me I had my first ob appointment and it has confirmed for me just how much I LOVE my obgyn! She's such a sweetheart and offered me a quick scan. She didn't measure anything because she didn't have a good quality machine but she said the sac is in the right place, it's the right shape, the blood flow to the sac is good and that "somebody is in there"! She said that everything looks really promising with my blood results. I don't want to jinx myself but it looks like I might actually be having a bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tazz475 View Post
    Oh you must have sh!t yourself when they told you it was twins!!! I'm so glad bub is doing okay! No idea about the clot though

As for me I had my first ob appointment and it has confirmed for me just how much I LOVE my obgyn! She's such a sweetheart and offered me a quick scan. She didn't measure anything because she didn't have a good quality machine but she said the sac is in the right place, it's the right shape, the blood flow to the sac is good and that "somebody is in there"! She said that everything looks really promising with my blood results. I don't want to jinx myself but it looks like I might actually be having a bub.
    Oh my god this is huge! You have a bubba on board!! Only one sac though? There was talk of twins...

I would have loved to have twins, but maybe not a little one measuring three weeks behind...

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Oh my god this is huge! You have a bubba on board!! Only one sac though? There was talk of twins...

I would have loved to have twins, but maybe not a little one measuring three weeks behind...
    I know!! I actually almost allowed myself to get excited. Only 1 in there, my partner was really disappointed but I'm happy with 1 healthy bub. We'll know for sure on Friday when they scan with a machine from this century. 3 more days!!

Here's hoping your clot is just a minor issue and not a second bub or anything like that. That would be devastating I'm just so happy that after all the stress your little one has such a strong heartbeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sally - Did the dr not explain the clot? Definitely talk to ur gp obs about it.... not sure to ve honest. But yay on nice healthy heartbeat

Tazz- that's awesome you got to see something in obs office. my obs has a machine as well whixh hopefully next week means I get to see bub twice (still wishing hoping and praying all is still good in there)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Sally - Did the dr not explain the clot? Definitely talk to ur gp obs about it.... not sure to ve honest. But yay on nice healthy heartbeat

Tazz- that's awesome you got to see something in obs office. my obs has a machine as well whixh hopefully next week means I get to see bub twice (still wishing hoping and praying all is still good in there)
    Thanks lilyloubelle. They just said my body would either pass the clot, absorb it, or it's the beginning of a mc. No other info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sally1981 I had a massive bleed at 10.5 weeks which was thought was a threatened miscarriage turned out to be a placental bleed and I developed blood clot behind my placenta, which if it grew can then dislodge my placenta. It was eventually reabsorbed into my body by about 20 weeks or so but I bleed till about 15/16 weeks this pregnancy. I was on bed rest and pelvic rest (no sex, exercise etc) but I am a high risk pregnancy due to my past history loosing our DD2 at 20 weeks so this is probably an extreme treatment due to differing factors.

There was a informative thread on here about blood clot or sub-chronic heamatoas (sp) and a lot of people's stories if you can find that one it might give you some more information. Good luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sally hopefully it's just absorbed and they keep an eye on it.

I had my nt bloods today.... Five sleeps till my scan.... Fingers crossed all is well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (26-11-2014)