Closed Thread
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    @Leisylou im so sorry to hear your update Everything sounded so positive I hope you can heal quickly and we see you back soon.
    @Kwazii yay for awesome odds!! you must be estatic
    @Cat74 welcome home! And welcome to your new home Mr E.

AFM im doing well. 9w5d today. I Booked my NT scan for in 3 weeks time! yay!! Nothing much has changed here. Have had a few good days energy wise but been quite nausiated around dinner time. Nothing i cant handle...or if i have toruble...nothing Maxalon isnt fixing OH!!! Im not sure if i also mentioned, I found bubbas heartbeat on my doppler Monday!! Only VERY briefly - long enough for me to realise what it was, and for it to register the 172BPM. yay!!
    Wow you did well finding bubs heartbeat on your doppler already, it took me until like 14 weeks to find my babes but I do have an anterior placenta, not sure if that makes a difference? I still use mine now, even though I can feel him kicking around but I do like to know his heart rate just to put my mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cat74 You must be thrilled to be home. Little Eamon sounds like a trouper. @French Pear, I'm so white I once took a photo of my legs after a two week holiday in Malaysia and the flash reflected off them so badly it looked like two fluorescent lights in the photo. So maybe pack your DD sunglasses . I'm too scared to exercise at the moment since my first m/c I worried I caused due to not slowing down. Plus I had shortness of breath throughout my first pregnancy so the best I can manage is a walk. But once I see that heartbeat on Monday I might try to get back on the treadmill for a gentle jog. @shadowangle0205 yay for finding the heartbeat! That sounds like a great reassurance. I don't have a Doppler, but I bet it's a great tool for those extra stress days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck for Monday @Kwazii. How far along will you be? Is this your NT Scan?? Have you had one before this?? Im sure everything will be fine
    @French Pear I Know!! I wasnt expecting it till 14ish weeks knowing most MWs/OBs dont bother trying until then. I kept picking up 120-130, but knew that was a lil slow...so when it flickered to 172 i just knew it was bubba! And it sounded right too. I Cant wait to feel kicks again!

10 weeks today! MS *seems* to be easing .. will probably take off again now ive said that lol. I Still haven't vomited (Yet) *yay* its just that constant wanting to hurl feeling....but ive had a few good days Just passing the time now till my scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kwazii sending you lots of good luck for Monday, only a few more days to get through! Make sure you let us know how it goes I'm not exercising at all, which I find hard as I usually walk with DD I the pram, and miss it but since I'm just off bed rest, it's not really advisable. Haha glad I'm not the only one who is blindingly white at the moment haha poor fellow beach goers, I'll definitely have my sunglasses on so as to not blind myself... Lol

@shadowangle0205 it's so great when you get to the movement stage, I find it brings a lot more reassurance when you can feel them moving about on the inside. I felt nudges this time from 13 weeks but not definite movements till a few more weeks. Yay for the MS easing up. Hopefully it's on it's way out the door. Hopefully the next few weeks go quickly for you. Will you have your NT scan at 12 weeks?

I had an OB appointment this week and got my form for the GT testing which I have next Wednesday. Looking forward to getting that over and done with. My OB is away for 2 weeks eek that's the longest I haven't seen him for since I was 10 weeks.. I'm a bit nervous to be honest! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing (oh god I really hope do!)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend planned - the weather is looking fab here so let's hope it stays that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kwazii how did your scan go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your good luck @French Pear and @shadowangle0205. It must have worked because everything is as it should be. I feel so much more confident and relaxed now that I've gotten past the magical 12 week mark. I'm officially 13+4 today and I think I've even been feeling something that feels suspiciously like wiggles! I was offline for a couple of days after my scan because less than an hour afterwards my DH got the news that his grandmother was dying. So we rushed off to say goodbye. Luckily she's still alive and we were able to tell her (and his entire extended family who'd all gathered) the good news. She was thrilled, but sad that she doesn't think she's going to last much longer and won't be around to meet our little one. @shadowangel0205, this was the 5th US for this pregnancy, with one at 11 weeks, but the stress levels as I lay down on the bed were so bad I nearly threw up. Fortunately I saw wiggling as soon as the Dr put the wand on and ALL the nausea, MS and stress related seems to have abated. With pregnancy #5 (this one is #7) we thought everything was fine and only found out I'd m/c'ed at the 12 week scan. So that memory was with us going in. But I have a happy DVD and photo this time to reassure me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kwazii For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    How are you recovering from the csection
    Sorry for the delayed response @French Pear. C-section recovery is going well. The dressing is off now too and midwife was happy with how it looks. In terms of pain, I barely feel anything. I've been able to reduce my dosage of panadol and am not taking anything stronger at all. It still feels a bit sensitive...but maybe that's just me being conscious of a large cut in my belly. Some of the feeling in the skin has gone but once the nerves grow back it should be all good.

Eamon had an appointment with the paed this week and has regained his birth weight + some. So glad about that! He's so tiny! We've had a very unsettled couple of days but I think it's partly messed up routine with appointments falling during nap/feeding time (silly mummy) and maybe a bit of a growth spurt - he seems bigger, he's filling out his little clothes more.

My next concern is how I'm going to get to two appointments next week - DH goes back to work and I'm not supposed to drive, even though I'm sure I would be fine to do so.

@Kwazii, I'm so glad that everything went well with your scan! Sorry about your DH's grandmother though - but amazing news to share about bubba which I'm sure would have made her happy, as well as the rest of the family.

@shadowangel0205, hope the morning sickness stays at bay for you, although it is a good sign for the pregnancy when you have it, no matter how unpleasant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kwazii such great news about your scan you must be feeling great. I hope your DH's grandmother is going ok.
    @Cat74 so lovely to hear everything is going well with Eamon and your recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to go through miscarriage. I have a daughter already and I am 38. I also have 2 step kids. We were going to stop with my daughter but the desire for another got too much for me (even though with this failed pregnancy we weren't really properly trying yet).
    My question is that the pain of this loss and the emotional ups and down has just about been too much for me and I dont know if I could go through trying for another. Will this change?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @acerbaby I think it's different for everyone. With me it helped to get pregnant again as soon as possible. But I had a friend who waited more than a year before even trying again because she wanted to recover from the emotional trauma first. I don't know what it would be like trying to recover from it all when you don't plan to try again. Some miscarriages affect you more than others too. There's no defining trait, you can't say "this one wasn't as bad because I wasn't as far along..." or "this was harder because...". You can only take it one day at a time and see how you feel. I assume you had a "missed miscarriage" because you said you're about to go through one? My only advice would be that a lot of women find that the sudden change in hormones as you're going through the miscarriage can come with some strong emotions that are like the post-baby blues. Don't make any rash decisions until you're sure that you're physically recovered. And to you, I'm sorry for your loss.