Closed Thread
Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by LittleM; 01-03-2015 at 15:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleM View Post
    I am so getting one of those the SECOND I am far along enough to pick up anything.
    Positive thought for the day: I am one day more pregnant than yesterday. Hang in there little bubba.
    YeH I'm going to get one too.... Maybe lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squishest welcome

We all got here in slightly different ways, no need to feel bad in anyway.... What kind of protection were you on for curiosity sake?

Congrats on you bubba....I know you said you are more relaxed now, it sounds like you are both in a better place, and even though it wasn't planned you seem content

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilyloubelle View Post
    Squishest welcome

We all got here in slightly different ways, no need to feel bad in anyway.... What kind of protection were you on for curiosity sake?

Congrats on you bubba....I know you said you are more relaxed now, it sounds like you are both in a better place, and even though it wasn't planned you seem content
    Thank you

Yes, I am feeling far more relaxed and it it really settling in that there is a possibility that we'll become parents in 7ish months.

The first time around I was on the pill and we used condoms on and off. I fell pregnant that way.

After the mc I never went back on the pill. I've always hated taking it (I am one of those weird people who don't even like taking panadol :P)
    Because I wasn't on the pill, we always used condoms except for the rare occasion where AF was due later that day or the next day.

The cycle I fell pregnant this time, the condom broke a few days before I was due to ovulate (I track AF always as no birth control and I like to know I am safe around OV time).
    Because the condom broke, we decided it would be safest for me to take the morning after pill the next day so I did. My doc tells me it must have fertilised during the night rendering the pill useless.

Falling pregnant twice like this actually gives me hope though. There is a baby who REALLY wants us to be its parents

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishest View Post

There is a baby who REALLY wants us to be its parents
    Yup definitely sounds that way

We used condoms for years, never once had one break... You two are def proof contraceptives aren't 100%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome and congrats squishiest!
    wow... that's some odds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @squishest, @Sally1981 and @LittleM. It's nice to have the next batch of little ones here...I'm thinking positive for you all.

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and there's been no more bleeding. I had my 20 week scan on Wednesday and there's still no reason to be found for my bleed and everything is fine. Or as my DS is heard singing on the US video "Everything is Awesome".

Amazingly I'm feeling pretty stress free from one side of things. But I'm starting to stress about all the issues I should have been stressing about earlier on. How the hell am I going to be a good mother to two! And there's so much that needs to be done before the baby comes!

The way I got through my first trimester was to stick my head in the sand, kill any hope that it was going to work out and try as much as possible to forget I'm actually pregnant. And apart from the near constant nausea and fatigue, it worked. Maybe a little too well. Because after seeing that UGLY 3D (morph) scan that looks like a bad clay model of a baby and having such strong kicks whenever I sit upright on a chair, it's finally hit home that there's a baby in my HUGE belly. And oh yeah is it huge. I'm so much bigger than last time even though my weight isn't that much more.

I guess I'm trying to reassure those of you still in the early days that you can find happiness and moments of joy in your pregnancy. It will just take a little longer than those who haven't had a loss. I have never had a pregnancy without having a loss, but seeing friends go through their pregnancies ignorant of how lucky they are makes me realise that at least we can all appreciate our good fortune in those moments when we're not desperately analysing every twinge or lack there-of.
    @FrenchPear, I'm so happy for you! You're nearly at the end and I'm already counting your chickens
    @shadowangel0205: do you have a preference for which gender you want?
    @lilyloubelle, I have my fingers crossed for you for your next scan, although hopefully if you get the Doppler you'll be able to listen to that little heart to your heart's content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decided I couldn't handle it any longer and requested an appt to get a BT to check the hcg levels. Unfortunately, I can't get in until tomorrow, which means it won't be until wednesday that I know. . Think I'm just a bit of a worry wart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleM View Post
    Decided I couldn't handle it any longer and requested an appt to get a BT to check the hcg levels. Unfortunately, I can't get in until tomorrow, which means it won't be until wednesday that I know. . Think I'm just a bit of a worry wart.
    Just be wary of those blood tests. I got one last week and my bloods had only risen 62% in 48 hours. I was freaking out and it's still at the back of my mind. I read that anything over 60% is fine and they slow down once they get over 1200, but who knows. Mine were 2400 at 4 weeks 5 days which is quite high so that was my starting point. I guess I'm just saying don't freak out if they don't double.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sally1981 My starting point was 34 at what was I think 12 dpo (maybe 11) so quite early. I thought it was really low but apparently normal for 4 weeks. This test will be a week later.