+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Hey guys,

So as for the 5:2, on the fast days where you are meant to eat around 500 cals, I had some banana, strawberries & blueberries around mid morning, some watermelon late afternoon, and a salad wrap ( i think the wraps are called mountain wraps? They are about 69 cals each) on the first day.
    On the second fast day, i was at work so i bought a smoothie which was a bit over 200 cals and had a salad roll for dinner. I think the bread may have taken me a smidge over 500 cals but i'm not too concerned so long as i stay around that number. I drink a few cups of green tea throughout the days as well which are zero calories.

On non-fast days you just eat as normal. I'm just trying to eat relatively healthy. I cut dairy out of my diet a while ago, I'm avoiding most processed stuff, and not doing much else special. I took the kids to the movies yesterday and we had a bit of a pig out on popcorn and soft drink so you can still have a junk if you want.

I do my fast days separately. I think that's much easier than trying to do 2 in a row. Restricting calories twice a week is easier than restricting and counting everyday which i guess is why it works so well.
    Sorry to jump in to the thread, but are you also exercising @HarvestMoon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bubbys View Post
    Sorry to jump in to the thread, but are you also exercising @HarvestMoon?
    Nope, I'm not exercising.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I so want to try 5:2 now!! DH just started and he is already quite fit with 4kgs to lose apparently (I can't see them lol).

Do you mind me asking how much you want to lose @HarvestMoon?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey guys,

So as for the 5:2, on the fast days where you are meant to eat around 500 cals, I had some banana, strawberries & blueberries around mid morning, some watermelon late afternoon, and a salad wrap ( i think the wraps are called mountain wraps? They are about 69 cals each) on the first day.
    On the second fast day, i was at work so i bought a smoothie which was a bit over 200 cals and had a salad roll for dinner. I think the bread may have taken me a smidge over 500 cals but i'm not too concerned so long as i stay around that number. I drink a few cups of green tea throughout the days as well which are zero calories.

On non-fast days you just eat as normal. I'm just trying to eat relatively healthy. I cut dairy out of my diet a while ago, I'm avoiding most processed stuff, and not doing much else special. I took the kids to the movies yesterday and we had a bit of a pig out on popcorn and soft drink so you can still have a junk if you want.

I do my fast days separately. I think that's much easier than trying to do 2 in a row. Restricting calories twice a week is easier than restricting and counting everyday which i guess is why it works so well.
    Sounds amazing. I'd like to try it.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I so want to try 5:2 now!! DH just started and he is already quite fit with 4kgs to lose apparently (I can't see them lol).

Do you mind me asking how much you want to lose @HarvestMoon?
    About 25-30 kgs all up. There are success stories out there for people who only want to drop a few kgs though. I think it can work for pretty much anyone. Men are meant to lose weight much quicker as well.... so unfair!

Sent from my GT-N8020 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,

Think I'll try this! Maybe a fast day tomorrow!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking in

Finished my first week and I've lost 1.7kg. Pretty happy with that.

I'll come back and read other posts a bit later

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Just checking in

Finished my first week and I've lost 1.7kg. Pretty happy with that.

I'll come back and read other posts a bit later
    Well done! You deserve a great result for all your commitment!

Realised I never said what I'd like to achieve. And an actionable and measurable goal is far more likely to be achieved!

I am ~72/73 kg at the moment. I think I've lost a kg or so through all the walking I've been doing the last 2/3 weeks.

I would like to be 65kgs. It's a challenge for me but an achievable one. At this weight my clothes look good, I'm a size 10-12 (mostly a 10) Even better would be 60kgs but I don't want to make it too hard and discourage myself.

I don't want to do a diet, count calories, etc. I know I'll get too obsessive and I want a sustainable change that ticks away in the background rather than something I have to apply conscious effort and decision-making to each day.

Today I haven't had anything sugary or even sweet. Feeling really good and extremely balanced! There's a lot to be said for the roller coaster that sugar puts our system through!

Tonight is chicken, veggie and quinoa soup from h/m stock.

~ 6km of waking today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    Think I'll try this! Maybe a fast day tomorrow!!
    Awesome! We can keep each other motivated and on track!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm dairy free to help bubs reflux ATM.
    B- porridge maple syrup blueberries
    L - reheated Chinese left overs 😳
    D homemade beef burger with lots of salad no added fat. On white roll.
    Snacks - a slice of my dairy free bday sponge cake my mum made me.
    - blueberry rice milk banana and spinach smoothie
    Hmmm not great. I really need to up my fruit as snacks. Don't feel bad about Chinese as it was that or nothing I had no time to prep today. Tomorrow will be better!!