+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stella marie View Post
    Hi all,

Hope it's not too late for me to join!
    I really need to get my eating back on track and this forum will assist me to be more accountable. I had baby no. 4 11 weeks ago and sadly her birth also heralded a return to eating sugar. I had gone sugar-free for the 12 months before she was born yet all it took was a lovely friend bringing me a box of chocolates to the hospital after DD’s birth and I was off the wagon. I am now in the vicious cycle of craving sugar, being tired, eating sugar and then craving more sugar… arghhh!!!I am without question a sugar addict – once I start I find it almost impossible to stop. It makes me feel so crappy and tired and sluggish yet I continue to eat it – crazy! So tonight I am making myself accountable on this forum that I am going to again cut out sugar. I am also going to try and find the time to exercise more with the aim of losing the extra 10 kg’s I am carrying after DD’s birth. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.
    This this THIS!!!
    I am so encouraged to read your post stella marie!

I came into this thread to state the obvious: I haven't been posting because I haven't been behaving. Last night as I was mindlessly cramming sugary things into my mouth while tidying the kitchen, I was like, "alright, no more sugar!"

I am going cold turkey today--so really need to be kept accountable! I am removing sugar, fruit (just for the first few weeks), honey, dried fruit, etc. (all sugary substitutes really) and refine white flour.

I am going to concentrate on eating lots of veggies.
    Drinking lots of water.
    Taking my time to chew and eat and appreciate my food, despite how little time I have to myself.

Please keep me accountable!! What is your plan of attack stella marie? Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Well after a week of 5:2 I am down 3.3 kgs. Pigged out a bit yesterday too so I think that is an awesome result! I'm definitely going to keep at it!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Lissy12  (22-09-2014),~Marigold~  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    This this THIS!!!
    I am so encouraged to read your post stella marie!

I came into this thread to state the obvious: I haven't been posting because I haven't been behaving. Last night as I was mindlessly cramming sugary things into my mouth while tidying the kitchen, I was like, "alright, no more sugar!"

I am going cold turkey today--so really need to be kept accountable! I am removing sugar, fruit (just for the first few weeks), honey, dried fruit, etc. (all sugary substitutes really) and refine white flour.

I am going to concentrate on eating lots of veggies.
    Drinking lots of water.
    Taking my time to chew and eat and appreciate my food, despite how little time I have to myself.

Please keep me accountable!! What is your plan of attack stella marie? Good luck!!
    Hi Lissy12!Well I baked a zucchini slice last night so I would have a non-sugary snack for morning and afternoon tea today, and I bought some nuts from the supermarket yesterday. So far so good, but it is only 10am! The danger period for me is night time when I feel like I deserve a treat after a hard day with the kids.I know from my year without sugar that after a week or so of going cold-turkey I will no longer crave it, but gee, these first few days are so hard. I’m so glad to have found this thread with others doing the same as I don’t feel alone now and it’s nice to be able to share progress, and have somewhere to turn when you are tempted to be naughty.
    Good luck Lissy12, let me know what your non-sugary snacks are or any tips you may have to make this first week go faster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Well after a week of 5:2 I am down 3.3 kgs. Pigged out a bit yesterday too so I think that is an awesome result! I'm definitely going to keep at it!
    3.3kgs down in a week is an awesome result with any diet!!!
    Well done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done, very inspiring!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stella marie For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (22-09-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Any chance you could share your daily food intake each day? I'm intrigued! (and want to copy you )

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-09-2014 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also interested to here what your eating on the 5:2 harvestmoon.

I'm down 1kg since last Monday and I haven't really been that good, but I haven't really had any junk either to pretty happy with that. Failed miserably with my no alcohol as I went out for dinner on Saturday night and couldn't resist! But we didn't have any wine or anything at home so I'm still feeling good.

Bircher musli and yoghurt for breakfast
    Cauliflower soup for lunch
    Apple for afternoon snack.

Unsure on dinner. Maybe Mexican pork filet with corn.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not weighing in until Wednesday because I didn't start until last Tuesday. By this time next week though I definitely have a goal at which I'd like to have reached, which is 65kg or under. I'm currently floating anywhere between 66kg-68kg. My goal weight is 58-60, I'd be chuffed with that. I sit at a comfortable size 10 at that weight.
    My goal is to reach 60kg by December 1st, I think it's very doable.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've heard so many good things about this diet harvest moon! What sort of things are you eating on your non restricted days? Are you doing the two days separately or back to back?

Marigold we have the same weight goals! I bought a pair of size 10 jeans the other day and wore them yesterday but I have a feeling they're a large 10. Hopefully I will get back to a proper 10 sooner rather than later though!

My scales have broken and I'm too scared to get another pair in case I haven't lost any weight.

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hey guys,

So as for the 5:2, on the fast days where you are meant to eat around 500 cals, I had some banana, strawberries & blueberries around mid morning, some watermelon late afternoon, and a salad wrap ( i think the wraps are called mountain wraps? They are about 69 cals each) on the first day.
    On the second fast day, i was at work so i bought a smoothie which was a bit over 200 cals and had a salad roll for dinner. I think the bread may have taken me a smidge over 500 cals but i'm not too concerned so long as i stay around that number. I drink a few cups of green tea throughout the days as well which are zero calories.

On non-fast days you just eat as normal. I'm just trying to eat relatively healthy. I cut dairy out of my diet a while ago, I'm avoiding most processed stuff, and not doing much else special. I took the kids to the movies yesterday and we had a bit of a pig out on popcorn and soft drink so you can still have a junk if you want.

I do my fast days separately. I think that's much easier than trying to do 2 in a row. Restricting calories twice a week is easier than restricting and counting everyday which i guess is why it works so well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-09-2014)