+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Baby steps here. I didn't drink any soft drink today. I'm counting that as a major win.

Everyone in the house has the flu and we have a major kitchen renovations going on, so I am only able to bbq or microwave. That fact that I didn't eat takeaway or drink coke is as good as I can be at the moment.
    As a reformed coke zero addict I think that's a HUGE deal!! It was actually a really hard thing to stop so I think that you've done amazingly!! Well done - I'm kind of in a similar boat with alcohol now. I'm ashamed to say I was drinking some form of alcohol almost every night.

I've not had a sip since Friday night - and not even wanted it. Sounds small but it's actually a big triumph for me. I'd fallen into a terrible habit.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 17-09-2014 at 21:38.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Protein, protein, protein!

Make sure you eat a healthy breakfast.

Get active.

It's not easy, but it's worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been meaning to check back in here and comment but I've been so busy. Im still not 100% committed yet but reading how well you are all doing is extremely motivating!! And loving all your daily menus helps give me ideas and tips.

A big one for me is cutting out bad drink... mainly coke and energy drinks (eek so naughty im addicted) Prob not ideal but I'm replacing it with very weak diet cordial for now when I need a sweet drink hit. I already drink heaps of water but when I eat I crave a sugary drink to wash it down.

Last night I attempted a healthy dinner of low carb high protein pasta salad and tuna, anyway the pasta had a weird texture and I added a boiled egg and got a surprise piece of shell to crunch on..... complete turn off, chucked my pasta and had toast with vegmite... so that was a downer.

Tonight was better steak and salad with no dressing but I did sneak in some marinated feta which probably isnt all that great but mannnnn so yum!

Got my sisters 25th bday party this weekend so lots of naughty food and drinks, hence why I'm being pretty half ar$ed this week but starting Monday I vow to jump in head first!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-09-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    Ive been meaning to check back in here and comment but I've been so busy. Im still not 100% committed yet but reading how well you are all doing is extremely motivating!! And loving all your daily menus helps give me ideas and tips.

A big one for me is cutting out bad drink... mainly coke and energy drinks (eek so naughty im addicted) Prob not ideal but I'm replacing it with very weak diet cordial for now when I need a sweet drink hit. I already drink heaps of water but when I eat I crave a sugary drink to wash it down.

Last night I attempted a healthy dinner of low carb high protein pasta salad and tuna, anyway the pasta had a weird texture and I added a boiled egg and got a surprise piece of shell to crunch on..... complete turn off, chucked my pasta and had toast with vegmite... so that was a downer.

Tonight was better steak and salad with no dressing but I did sneak in some marinated feta which probably isnt all that great but mannnnn so yum!

Got my sisters 25th bday party this weekend so lots of naughty food and drinks, hence why I'm being pretty half ar$ed this week but starting Monday I vow to jump in head first!!!!

That's great to hear

A tip for flavouring your salad without using calorie laden bottled stuff is to use lemon juice. Also Balsamic vinegar contains zero fat and is around 60kj a serve.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

melimum  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 4 today just started with a huge bowl of Bircher mesuli - probably too big a server. Down 1kg since Monday. 8 know I shouldn't weigh but I'm glad I did. Feeling pumped for today got two classes booked at the gym today which is the first this week. Need to keep this momentum over the weekend and have no alcohol, as per my 30 day challenge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post

I always add a bit of feta to my salads, I wouldn't feel guilty if a little bit of feta was the worst in your plate

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

melimum  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Feta def gets a healthy tag for me. All cheeses do for that matter
    Just in the right size portion

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

melimum  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was sure I followed this and posted but it would appear I didn't :/. I've been doing 10000 steps a day(I've got a fit bit) and eating better less junk, but still enjoying food etc and so far has lost 10.9kg soooo close to 11 haha. I'm about to start gyming with a gf from work, still have a long way to go, looking forward to reading other people plans etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Hey guys, I'll join. I've been on a bit of a mission to get healthy/fit/ lose some weight. I gave up all dairy products a while ago and the improvement to my skin is amazing. I fell off the wagon and ate some chocolate about a month after giving it up and my skin went revolting, so that definitely reaffirms that i shouldn't eat it. I also lost 4kgs within a few weeks just from giving it up.
    I've given up diet coke but still need to completely cut the sugar free red bull out. I've tried to replace all heavily caffeinated beverages with green tea as it apparently aids with weight loss.
    I'm not really exercising much, so i need to lift my game in that respect. I've also started on the 5:2 diet plan/way of eating.. whatever you would actually call it. A lot of people have claimed really positive results doing so, so hopefully i can say the same in a matter of months.

Good luck everyone with your weight loss and healthy eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I assume one shouldn't do the 5:2 diet while UTD?

What about calorie/portion control? I'm on 1,200 a day on average and don't feel hungry. I'm carrying 12 extra kgs so it's not like Im going to fade or something.

Will check with my GP but thought I'd ask here too

Drink wise I'm doing great. I have a lemon juice in hot water in the morning, then water all day and a peppermint tea at night.
    Wine is my pitfall but I'm obviously off it now so that's easy too.

Lunch is my special fried rice. There's no fat in there except coconut milk to cook the rice. Then it's steamed vegies and some proteins (egg and chicken). Seasoned with soy sauce.
    So simple yet so light and delicious

Tonight we'll have a soup.