+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing to stalk
    I want to do this, but I probably won't be as committed as I'd like to be for a little while yet. Gotta sort out my headspace and improve my motivation first.
    I'll be quietly reading along for now if that's OK.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Count me in as well. Though I seem to be notoriously bad at following through. I feel disgusting and gross so definitely need some motivation to follow through. Hopefully talking to others will help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too please!

Had bubs #2 two months ago. I've gained about 4kgs SINCE she was born through too much sugar and not being able to be as active.

A real pitfall for me is eating after dinner. I'd like to put a no eating after 8pm goal in place. Anyone need to do similar? Breakfast is so much tastier and more rewarding when you haven't snacked into the evening too...

Also need to reduce sugar intake.

Am concentrating on walking as much as is doable each day. Bubs too young for me too leave her so has to be incidental exercise like walks, chores, etc.

Aldi is having a special on lots of women's fitness items starting Wednesday, including exercise DVDs. Will give it a look and see.

Good luck everyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lissy12 For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Happy to report I dragged my tired butt to the gym for an hour and now I feel awesome. I'm locked in tomorrow morning to do a pump class with a friend and to climb a mountain (about 2km but makes me feel like having a heart attack on the way up) with another friend and DS1 after school tomorrow.

It never ceases to amaze me how whenever I start exercising my mental well being is so much better as well. Just feel really good right now - thanks endorphins

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Me too please!

Had bubs #2 two months ago. I've gained about 4kgs SINCE she was born through too much sugar and not being able to be as active.

A real pitfall for me is eating after dinner. I'd like to put a no eating after 8pm goal in place. Anyone need to do similar? Breakfast is so much tastier and more rewarding when you haven't snacked into the evening too...

Also need to reduce sugar intake.

Am concentrating on walking as much as is doable each day. Bubs too young for me too leave her so has to be incidental exercise like walks, chores, etc.

Aldi is having a special on lots of women's fitness items starting Wednesday, including exercise DVDs. Will give it a look and see.

Good luck everyone.
    I might check out Aldi too! Thanks for the tip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Happy to report I dragged my tired butt to the gym for an hour and now I feel awesome. I'm locked in tomorrow morning to do a pump class with a friend and to climb a mountain (about 2km but makes me feel like having a heart attack on the way up) with another friend and DS1 after school tomorrow.

It never ceases to amaze me how whenever I start exercising my mental well being is so much better as well. Just feel really good right now - thanks endorphins
    Well done! I agree - exercise is awesome! I am missing being able to do a lot as I have weak pelvic floors and physio wants me to wait a while. So annoying. Good plan to lock in exercise with friends - harder to back out!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok. So as I said in my earlier post, I'm not jumping in just yet as I know that my mindset is not fully there and I don't want to set myself up for failure. When I enter into any type of diet overhaul, I've learned that it's pointless unless I feel 100% committed etc. I've participated in soooo many diet threads on bubhub before, some of which I did really well, others I failed miserably, which makes me feel even worse about myself.
    Well I jumped on the stupid scales this morning (it's all their fault!) and I'm weighing a kilo more than I did a couple of weeks ago after doing a detox soup diet. So disappointed.
    I have 6 kilos to lose to get back down to the weight I sat very comfortably at for over a year and 5 more after that to reach my *ultimate* goal weight.
    Today I'm starting, slowly. I can feel my mindset shifting, I've already made some genuine mental notes in order to change. For example, I've decided to once again cut out alcohol and Junk food (take away, chocolate etc) until I start to feel better/healthier/happier and lighter. I usually get organised and write out a proper "plan" on paper and say "no XYZ" for 6 weeks or similar....but, knowing me and my past, that will just make me feel restricted and I'll eventually rebel and ruin everything and then feel like I've failed and probably give up. I'm just implementing it from this moment on. I'm really going to start out slowly this time and make small changes, no wacky time limits or promises.
    In my mind I've already started thinking about the next weeks meals and made a promise to walk again for an hour, at least 5 days a week. I've bought myself some wholemeal bread and cottage cheese for my breakfasts. That's worked for me in the past.
    I'm really determined to watch what I eat from now on. I don't want to feel bloated and uncomfortable and depressed over summer, so that's some motivation right there.
    Good luck everyone and thanks for starting this thread OP, it's exactly what I need right now.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-09-2014 at 10:17.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, I'd like to join you all too.

I'm in the middle for training for a 15km jog/walk mid October. I've also been watching (not necessarily restricting though, more like being mindful) what I eat by upping the protein and lowering carbs. This summer I'd just like to feel comfortable and confident in my clothes. Looking good in a bikini would be nice too but I'm not fussy

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'll join too. I really want to lose about 5-6kg, but I just keep finding excuses. Hopefully this thread will help me drop the excuses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll join in too! My weight not coming off as quickly as it did with my son. He was a ravenous feeder though. My LO is 4 weeks tomorrow but I have 9kg to go. I'm already on a dairy free diet to help bubs reflux so that's cut out after dinner chocolate for me which is a big thing. I've had healthy banana bread (homemade no oil or butter) and a smoothie this morning. So hard as I can't get out and drive yet (c section, 2 kids and been sick with tonsillitis!) I just comfort eat!!! Can't wait to get out for morning walks. Spring is a great time to start daily pram push!