+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I lose usually quite quickly, maybe the machine is broken

I checked my intake and it's very balanced, not much I could shift there. I drink water all day, ~2L. I walk 4km per day, I could add a few spinning sessions I guess.

What gets me is that nothing explain
    this 0 loss. It makes no sense at all

I have just cancelled 2 catch up with friends and my wedding anniversary diner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    I lose usually quite quickly, maybe the machine is broken

I checked my intake and it's very balanced, not much I could shift there. I drink water all day, ~2L. I walk 4km per day, I could add a few spinning sessions I guess.

What gets me is that nothing explain
    this 0 loss. It makes no sense at all

I have just cancelled 2 catch up with friends and my wedding anniversary diner.
    Noooo don't cancel your anniversary!!! Maybe you need to buy one nice dress that makes you feel sexy just for this period. Don't regret France. Think how hard it will be to go back now. That time is and was so special. My honest belief is that diet is key. Sounds like you're doing a great amount of exercise. If you up it you may eat more? Can you try lite n easy for 2 weeks? It can reset your mind and stomach about correct portion size. So easy to do. 5 days a week at 1500 calories is about $109/week. It's SO good. I promise you will love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Haha, yes, whoops. That was stella marie...must get that right next time especially as her name rhymes with 'sugar free' 😉

That's huge! I've never been without chocolate that long, well done! Did you notice any changes...like did you just not care about chocolate anymore after awhile. Guess it depends how you did it. As in not a thing that is chocolate at all versus not eating chocolate blocks, bars, etc.

Funny that our weight goals are do similar!
    It was hard for first two weeks losing chocolate. After that easy. And i had an opt out. If I was premenstrual I would allow myself one can of coke and one chocolate bar (per month). I just didn't enjoy it as much and definitely didn't crave it!! And I was eating 4 snack size chicks per day during pregnancy. The dairy free diet has kicked choc to the curb but I still crave it..... Peanut m and MS and snack!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've lost 1/2 a kilo!!! It's probably my uterus lol but I'm happy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im gutted Feel like crying and giving up.

I've never ever been so heavy in my life. Not a surprise given how I gorged myself with wine and cheese for a month in France.

Now it's been over 8 days that I'm on a healthy 1,200 kcal a day, no alcohol, lots of vegies. I've shifted 200gr the first day, 200gr the next then put it back on and now it's been a week where my weight hasn't changed at all.

So net loss of 200gr. I feel so miserable in that fat body :'(
    Hi, can understand that you're upset. No one likes to invest and not see a return!

Just wanted to say a couple of things. Hope I'm not being overly familiar.

Didn't you say you were pregnant? Did I get that right? Because if I did get that right (sincere apologies if not), but for pregnancy 1200kcal is tiny! In fact, it's a tiny amount for any adult, even a dieting one. Could it be that your body has gone into starvation mode and hence is retaining the weight (survival mechanism). Perhaps google 'starvation mode' and see if it fits?

Don't cancel your plans! You're still a valuable, worthy human being, absolutely regardless of your weight!!! You can't let your body shape/size etc dictate how much you feel you are worth--it's NOT true! People are precious no matter how big or small.
    Last edited by Lissy12; 24-09-2014 at 14:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MrsPRSH yes I agree, diet is key. Exercise is more to unwind and feel good
    I'm 100% certain that my portion are correct, right size and only good healthy food in there. I don't like lite n easy and the like as they are full of conservatives etc

@Lissy12 no go for it
    thanks for your advice. Yes I heard about starvation mode but I'm only 5wks UTD and my GP said at that point I don't require any increase in calories.
    I've always had success on 1,200 kcal a day and it feels like a lot too.

Maybe it's just my body retaining water, increasing fluids retention in my uterus?! who knows...

Quite disheartening.
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 24-09-2014 at 14:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 100% certain that my portion are correct, right size and only good healthy food in there. I don't like lite n easy and the like as they are full of conservatives etc
    Lite n easy is actually really good! There's no artificial sweeteners. It's all wholefoods. You get salads for the first 2-3 days. It's all full fat yogurt and cheese but in proper portion sizes. I doubt there are many preservatives in any of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lissy12 no go for it
    thanks for your advice. Yes I heard about starvation mode but I'm only 5wks UTD and my GP said at that point I don't require any increase in calories.
    I've always had success on 1,200 kcal a day and it feels like a lot too.

Maybe it's just my body retaining water, increasing fluids retention in my uterus?! who knows...

Quite disheartening.
    Just had a look they do not add any preservatives except if it's already in an ingredient ie bacon.

Your hormones already changing and your uterus developing. Don't put too much stress on yourself love xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Too true I should ease the pressure!!

I tried a few of their dishes and they are yummy. But now that I have a thermomix I can cook a fresh light and healthy dinner in a few minutes. Lot cheaper too

Sorry really not a fan of frozen meals but that's the French in me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Good day. Terrible night - out to dinner at a friends place. Sigh 😣