+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    That's a great menu. I've approached the day all wrong by having muesli for breakfast, I should have had eggs, but I didn't want to eat until after 9 rather than 7am. I'm pretty sure my muesli is healthier that MFP says as it homemade with no added sugar, just raw ingredients.

I need to push through the day, water and peppermint tea will be my friend.
    Might be time consuming but could you create a recipe for your muesli in my fitness pal and enter each ingredient individually to get an accurate calorie amount. You would only have to do it once then just select that recipe each time you eat it rather than selecting a random muesli that comes up in the suggestions as they do differ so much in calories.

I find if I eat early then I'm more hungry throughout the day. I'd prefer to delay or skip breakfast in the morning and save my calories for the afternoon/evening. Good luck for the rest of the day, just remember it's only one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Might be time consuming but could you create a recipe for your muesli in my fitness pal and enter each ingredient individually to get an accurate calorie amount. You would only have to do it once then just select that recipe each time you eat it rather than selecting a random muesli that comes up in the suggestions as they do differ so much in calories.

I find if I eat early then I'm more hungry throughout the day. I'd prefer to delay or skip breakfast in the morning and save my calories for the afternoon/evening. Good luck for the rest of the day, just remember it's only one day
    Yes for sure, next time I make it I'll weigh everything and work out the total calories.

I know it's just a day right, carried a baby for 9 months, can get through a day without food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I watch the 5:2 documentary and his fast days were very different.
    Black tea only and an instant soup at night.

To me a 500kcal day would just mean skipping lunch, which I do on very busy day at work.
    DH sailed through his first fast. He had normal breakie and my special thermomix fried rice at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's so interesting all the different methods of losing weight.

I've started the day well again. Banana & oats with spice.

I feel a bit gross because I didn't do points yesterday and I had a kebab for lunch and toast for dinner!!!

So I'm getting back to business today. I could only do 35 minutes of cardio today as I had a friend turn up and got to the gym too late for any more crèche time. I worked up a great sweat though. Did treadmill (interval running), elliptical & bike.

I'm getting a toe nail removed due to an ingrown today so I'm hopefully if I strap it right I'll still be able to continue my daily exercising. I think I could do elliptical (which kills me!!!) because my toes won't jar into the front of my joggers and I can still do my weights program. Might have to avoid treadmill for a bit though. I'll suss it out in the morning tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'm exactly the same. Generally i will make it til at least lunch time before i even feel like eating whereas if i eat breakfast i just want to gorge on food all day long.

There are bunch of variations to the diet: 5:2, 4:3, alternate day fastings, fasting for 'x' amount of hours per day, fasting for 24 hrs but from say 1pm to 1pm so you don't go a full normal day without food, etc.. i'm not sure if any method is meant to be better than the others though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post

To me a 500kcal day would just mean skipping lunch, which I do on very busy day at work.
    DH sailed through his first fast. He had normal breakie and my special thermomix fried rice at night.

I'm doing the Micheal Mosley diet. He says on the web site that he tried various styles of fasting before settling on the 5:2 500/600 cal version so that might have been what was on the doco.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsPRSH

how you doing without sugar?

So impressed that you went sugar free for 12months. What was it like? Must have felt amazing.

I'm off dairy too for my bubs. Just realised you're in same boat!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Champagne and leftover pizza. Enough said
    (Gee I sound like a washed up rock star, lol...)
    DH bought home a cold bottle of bubbly and we sat outside in the rare sunshine this evening and I had 2 glasses. Ah well, my day was great up until then. Tomorrow's a new day

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-09-2014 at 18:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Hi MrsPRSH 😄

68 by Christmas would be ace! But 65 would be even better!! Lol.

The reason for the walking is this:

Husband takes our car to work during week. DS and I are used to treating the pram like the car. We make regular stops at playgrounds and stuff, I plan the snacks that I pack for him and know what I'll bring out if things get dicey with my toddler. He love whole apples--give him one of those in the pram and I just bought myself 15-20 minutes 😊

Had to do groceries yesterday and had a coffee on my mind, so we got out! Baby is a koala, sleeps in carrier.

So that's how we do it.

Your goals look good! I'm so tired of feeling ruled by food and I think that breaking dependence on sugar will lead to more balance everywhere.

Hugs and best wishes to you!
    Your walking is awesome!!! We've just moved to a new area so no coffee shops but there's the library parks and bakery iga nearby etc. I can't wait to pushy pram and get some kms in!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    @MrsPRSH

how you doing without sugar?

So impressed that you went sugar free for 12months. What was it like? Must have felt amazing.

I'm off dairy too for my bubs. Just realised you're in same boat!
    I've not gone sugar free I think that was another lady but I did go chocolate free for a year! Totally didn't enjoy it at all! It was a New Years resolution. I didn't make any other changes. I used to buy choc from vending machine st work most days and needed to stop obviously lol!!
    The dairy free is a pain but mostly I miss cheese. Today I are some hard goats cheese which was insanely good. I'm not sure if goats cheese is ok? Is the protein too similar? I use rice milk and avoid soy. I heard soy protein not great either. My little puker seems better dairy free so far. Not on losec yet phew.