+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Made enchiladas tonight, loads of chicken and corn, capsicum and zucchini but it didn't seem at all healthy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Awesome! We can keep each other motivated and on track!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Can I join in too please. I did my first fast day on 5:2 today. If I can go like today it won't be too bad.

Today I had nothing until about 1pm but that is quite common for me. Then I had a strawberry smoothie that was about 250cal. Dinner was zucchini and carrot "pasta" with 100g of chicken and a tablespoon of WW sour cream stirred through (150 cal) and just had 2 ryvitas with vegemite (100 cal). It will be a long haul for me I want to lose 50kg so I'm looking for this to be a lifestyle change. Would love to lose 10kg by Christmas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not the greatest day for me. Went to my sisters for the day and the food on offer wasn't the best choice-wise! Put it all in myfitnessspal to check and it was 2000 calories so not too bad. Went for a 40 minute run so am feeling ok about it. Note to self - take food next time.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Today went Ok-ish. Started off great, breakfast was scrambled eggs with ham/spinach/mushrooms/cherry tomatoes.
    Half hour jog!
    Lunch was grilled chicken with some steamed green vegies.
    Snacks were some rice crackers with olive and feta dip, and a teeny bit of chocolate
    Dinner wasn't great... 2 slices of peri peri chicken pizza, totally unplanned! I'm glad I stopped at 2, it was so good I could have eaten double that!
    Also went for another 30 minute walk early in the evening.

I have the leftover pizza sitting in my fridge and I'm so tempted to eat it! Eeeek...

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Can I join in too please. I did my first fast day on 5:2 today. If I can go like today it won't be too bad.

Today I had nothing until about 1pm but that is quite common for me. Then I had a strawberry smoothie that was about 250cal. Dinner was zucchini and carrot "pasta" with 100g of chicken and a tablespoon of WW sour cream stirred through (150 cal) and just had 2 ryvitas with vegemite (100 cal). It will be a long haul for me I want to lose 50kg so I'm looking for this to be a lifestyle change. Would love to lose 10kg by Christmas.
    Of course you can! The more the merrier! I'm going into it for the long haul. I want it to be a lifestyle change as well. I've been lugging around all this extra weight since i had DS 7 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Awesome! We can keep each other motivated and on track!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ok woke up feeling ready for fast day.... Popped all my planned food into MFP and it's close to 600cal. I'll try to cut the apple in the middle of the day to keep me spot on 500. Main thing is I want to have a proper dinner in the evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissy12 View Post
    Well done! You deserve a great result for all your commitment!

Realised I never said what I'd like to achieve. And an actionable and measurable goal is far more likely to be achieved!

I am ~72/73 kg at the moment. I think I've lost a kg or so through all the walking I've been doing the last 2/3 weeks.

I would like to be 65kgs. It's a challenge for me but an achievable one. At this weight my clothes look good, I'm a size 10-12 (mostly a 10) Even better would be 60kgs but I don't want to make it too hard and discourage myself.

I don't want to do a diet, count calories, etc. I know I'll get too obsessive and I want a sustainable change that ticks away in the background rather than something I have to apply conscious effort and decision-making to each day.

Today I haven't had anything sugary or even sweet. Feeling really good and extremely balanced! There's a lot to be said for the roller coaster that sugar puts our system through!

Tonight is chicken, veggie and quinoa soup from h/m stock.

~ 6km of waking today.
    Lissy12- well done on 6km??!!! With 1-2 kids??? My toddler would not sit that long lol. Weight wise I am exactly the same as you!
    I'm 72.3kg. Put on 19 in pregnancy, lost 11. I want to get to 64.5kg. I'm still in maternity pants but I'm hoping some of that is c section swelling.

Yes SMART goals good idea.

- I would like to be 68kg by Xmas. The last 4 are so hard to lose and I may not be able to get down till I stop bf and not doing that anytime soon.
    - I want to pram walk 3 times a week minimum. When I'm able to but ASAP. By the time baby 7-8 weeks.
    - I want to cut my portions down.
    - I want to snack on fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPRSH View Post
    Lissy12- well done on 6km??!!! With 1-2 kids??? My toddler would not sit that long lol. Weight wise I am exactly the same as you!
    I'm 72.3kg. Put on 19 in pregnancy, lost 11. I want to get to 64.5kg. I'm still in maternity pants but I'm hoping some of that is c section swelling.

Yes SMART goals good idea.

- I would like to be 68kg by Xmas. The last 4 are so hard to lose and I may not be able to get down till I stop bf and not doing that anytime soon.
    - I want to pram walk 3 times a week minimum. When I'm able to but ASAP. By the time baby 7-8 weeks.
    - I want to cut my portions down.
    - I want to snack on fruit.
    Hi MrsPRSH 😄

68 by Christmas would be ace! But 65 would be even better!! Lol.

The reason for the walking is this:

Husband takes our car to work during week. DS and I are used to treating the pram like the car. We make regular stops at playgrounds and stuff, I plan the snacks that I pack for him and know what I'll bring out if things get dicey with my toddler. He love whole apples--give him one of those in the pram and I just bought myself 15-20 minutes 😊

Had to do groceries yesterday and had a coffee on my mind, so we got out! Baby is a koala, sleeps in carrier.

So that's how we do it.

Your goals look good! I'm so tired of feeling ruled by food and I think that breaking dependence on sugar will lead to more balance everywhere.

Hugs and best wishes to you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lissy12 For This Useful Post:

MrsPRSH  (23-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started 5:2 this week and am doing my first fasting day today. Planned all my food and put it into my fitness pal and am bang on 500 cals.
    B: coffee and apple
    L: tuna salad with lots of lettuce
    D: h/m meat and veg pie filling with extra veg
    D: sugar free jelly
    Nettle tea imbertween

Surprisingly it's still a fair bit of food so I don't think I'll be too hungry today. Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    I started 5:2 this week and am doing my first fasting day today. Planned all my food and put it into my fitness pal and am bang on 500 cals.
    B: coffee and apple
    L: tuna salad with lots of lettuce
    D: h/m meat and veg pie filling with extra veg
    D: sugar free jelly
    Nettle tea imbertween

Surprisingly it's still a fair bit of food so I don't think I'll be too hungry today. Wish me luck!
    That's a great menu. I've approached the day all wrong by having muesli for breakfast, I should have had eggs, but I didn't want to eat until after 9 rather than 7am. I'm pretty sure my muesli is healthier that MFP says as it homemade with no added sugar, just raw ingredients.

I need to push through the day, water and peppermint tea will be my friend.