+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    Cell care were cool anytime with me, I did have an elective Caesar but they put someone on call for you and ask u to notify them as soon as u feel any signs of labour....I did cord blood but not tissue, the tissue was more money again, and I was more thinking that blood is quite well researched and whilst I'm sure cord tissue will have its place I was thinking as it is in its infancy I wasn't sure if they wouldn't find in 10y it would have been better stored in.... Or x qty....but that was just my reasoning.....pity I'm only likely to have one kid ( mainly choice, although was Ivf, but I stored anyway ), hopefully we'll never need it but it's insurance u can't go back later! And it might be of use to hubby or I or my other immediate family.....
    We've gone with cellcare as they are in Melb and we are Adelaide. Pack is being delivered sometime today. My OB has been notified aswell that we are doing both the cord blood and tissue storage. Also doing it as a payment plan over 24months it works out a little bit more well $400 but I don't want to outlay $5550 when I'm on leave and DH is also self employed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    Cell care were cool anytime with me, I did have an elective Caesar but they put someone on call for you and ask u to notify them as soon as u feel any signs of labour....I did cord blood but not tissue, the tissue was more money again, and I was more thinking that blood is quite well researched and whilst I'm sure cord tissue will have its place I was thinking as it is in its infancy I wasn't sure if they wouldn't find in 10y it would have been better stored in.... Or x qty....but that was just my reasoning.....pity I'm only likely to have one kid ( mainly choice, although was Ivf, but I stored anyway ), hopefully we'll never need it but it's insurance u can't go back later! And it might be of use to hubby or I or my other immediate family.....
    I forgot to add. Yes better to be safe then sorry. I have a family member with a blood disorder and his partner to has one and they where told your kids will have 50/50 chance of getting one or other. Guess what one has the disorder and is now under going chemo to help him live a longer life. They where told to collect the cord blood because of this and didn't so now their sibling is the bone marrow transplant for the rest of their life