+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default recommend me a sleeping tablet lol

I'm going overseas next month, a long haul flight which I hate. I'm going to the gp on Friday to ask for a sleeping tablet to knock me out, but I don't want something that's going to leave me with a groggy hangover.

Any recommendations? I've never taken one so I have no idea what to ask for and is prefer to know something about whatever the gp suggests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH likes Temazepam for sleeping on flights. I've never used anything as normally flying with the kids!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got some Temazepan for my wedding (too stressed to sleep) only took it for three weeks before and it was amazing. No grogginess when I woke up. Often GPs don't give it out easily as it's very addictive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh uses tamazepam on occasion too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Be really careful Gothel. I've never taken a sleeping tablet on a plane myself but know some horror stories of people taking them and them not kicking in for hours and then the person being really groggy during a stopover and missing connecting flights. I personally wouldn't take anything I haven't taken myself before so I now exactly how I'll react to it.

So having said that I've been told melatonin is excellent for sleep while travelling, temazapan might also be fine as it tends to put you to sleep but only for 5 or so hours and I never wake with a hangover from it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Temazepam should be fine and is a usual starter sleeping tablet.

Do not take stilnox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've taken temaze on loads of long haul flights. Worked great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Temazepam is great, as previous people have said. Kicks in very quickly and makes you feel nice and relaxed but won't leave you unable to do anything. It's just like a big cosy blanket around you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was prescribed Temaze the morning after our daughter passed away. I used it for a couple of nights and it worked okay - didn't put me into a deep sleep and I woke after about 5 hours.
    I have used Melatonin also and found that to be effective. Relaxed me and I was able to get to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm terrible when flying so when I went to UK, Europe and US I decided to do the same and go to the GP for a prescription. She wasn't keen on giving me a sleeping tablet at all. Instead she prescribed me Valium. She said she would prefer me to be relaxed enough and have something to 'help' me drift off to sleep rather than giving me something to knock me out and possibly suffering from after affects. At the time I was a bit peeved she didn't give me what I went for but in the end I think it was the best. I was able to sleep easily and also felt fine on waking up. Of course everyone metabolizes medication differently but this really helped me.
    I also have a friend who needs Xanax while flying but I know she feels after effects for days after. Have a great time away! Jealous!