+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Gah, sick child - again. Do you think this sounds like influenza? Or something else?

My 3 year old is so ill, it started yesterday evening with a fever, he was complaining/crying throughout the night. Today his fever has been hovering around 39.5 to 40 all day, I am giving him both Panadol and neurofen (Just panadol did nothing) and even then it only relieves the fever and makes him seem a little better for about 30 mins to half and hour - and then it starts all over again.

He has ulcers in his mouth, says he has a sore throat, won't eat anything, and cries that his belly hurts. He started with a runny nose and cough today.

This kid is tough as bricks - nothing usually keeps him down, but he has been lying down all day and really miserable.

Do you think it sounds like influenza? What is with the abdo pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Abdo pain can been referred pain, when my ds get an ear infection he will often complain of a sore tummy. Also both my kids have had vomiting/sore tummies with tonsillitis. I'd take him to the dr in the morning and get him checked out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Abdo pain can been referred pain, when my ds get an ear infection he will often complain of a sore tummy. Also both my kids have had vomiting/sore tummies with tonsillitis. I'd take him to the dr in the morning and get him checked out.
    Hi beebs, I agree with happymum2, all my kids ever complain of is of a sore tummy and it's always ears or throat! I hope your little man feels better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine too, always complain of sore tummy when she got tonsilitis (she's had them removed now). And always got very high temps with it too.
    More recently she had bronchitis with a high temp and cough and she was really knocked around with that so it could be that. I suggest Locum or GP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please take him to see the dr , he sounds really unwell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was going to say tonsillitis or ear infection as well. I know from experience EI can cause junk from the ears to drain down the back of the throat and make it sore. The high temps sound like an infection to me.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

poor little one

I would take him to the Dr. Just to check things out and make sure that it isnt something more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just found out - after living here for years, that our doctor is open until 8pm. After years of taking the kids to the ER when they have ear infections...so anyway - I took him up. She says a virus and it is ripping through town and she has just seen kid after kid today - all really unwell, high temps etc. She did say we need to be trying to bring down the temp as the medication isn't working and he is little and that high for that long can cause febrile convulsions - so make sure we sponge him down.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little thing, viruses suck