+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does it hurt?
    I'm so scared of needles but would be interested in doing this!
    Also, in terms of claiming it back...do they offer HICAPS or you just take it into your private health insurer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really scared of needles too. It hurts a little bit. But more like a pin prick than a needle. And it's only the initial thing...once they're in they don't or shouldn't hurt. If they do I tell her and she repositions.

Also - I don't watch! I've been going twice a week for prob at least 4 months now and haven't watched any going in. I've only just looked, like last week at one on my wrist once it was in.

Worth a try. If it doesn't work for you, no harm done.

Some do HICAPS but depends. Mine are a bit older fashioned and just do hand written receipt that I claim via my health funds app.

HTH!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happyma For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It doesn't hurt at all, its like someones tapping you with a pen. They literally just sit in the surface of your skin, can't even feel them when they take them out.

The only thing that hurt was one was in my hand and i tried to touch my thumb to my middle finger and because its on a pressure point it was a little painful.

I went for one session before my fertile period and it helped bring forward ovulation by 2 days and now i'm pregnant!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (09-09-2014),HillDweller  (10-09-2014),mendesma  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was most helpful @Happyma. The thing is, if I know it's benefitting me, then I will just keep repeating that to myself. Honetly, my phobia is so uncontrolled. I try and tell myself every singe time I get injections/blood tests that it's fine, you're safe blah blah but my body goes into shut down. I get faint, sweaty its friggin horrible. Now I have to ask to have injections in my bottom hahaha so I can put my head in the pillow and squeeze it.

Anyway, @curlybird I read about your BFP and it really sparked my interest! Do you think the B vits really assisted too? I'm currently taking vitex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @clucky_duck I think it helped play a part with bringing o forward. Seriously though acupuncture is painless and if you didn't look you wouldn't even know that's what they were tapping into you.

You can't even feel them being pulled out as they are literally just in the surface of the skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kathy at Tao Clinic in Subi is amazing! My SIL recommended her as she used her when undergoing IVF (and got her BFP) she is highly recommended in IVF circles and my current acupuncturist down here in Wine Country trained under her at Uni and spoke very highly of her

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay2014 For This Useful Post:

mendesma  (22-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not worried about needles and I don't think it usually hurts, but I really notice a difference depending on where I am in my cycle! During or just before AF I think it's more painful. Other times it doesn't bother me at all. When you're laying there you really can't see them putting them in, so if it's the look of a needle going in that bothers you, hopefully it won't be a problem