+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think you should just home school then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Can you sell your new house and go back to the old area? If you are talking about giving up your job and homeschooling (not my cup of tea but that's another thread) is the move really worth it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you don't want to travel too far, so the local zoned school may be your best option. Perhaps you could supplement with a tutor if you think the education is below par, or join the parents committee and help change the schools culture for the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you looked at catholic schools? My two kids have the same DX as your and are both very well accommodated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you actually exchanged on the new house? If not maybe you can get out of it and move to a better area? I know schools are the first thing I would look at before buying anywhere plus if the local schools are that bad it may impact on property prices ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    There is actually lots of nice schools which i looked at before buying. We are moving into a great area (iffy area next door). The issue with over crowding of schools comes from them being so great and the baby bonus increased the birth rate my son was born.

we have exchanged on the new house and it is lovely. I love my new house so so much.

My issue is that my kids can't even get into the local schools due to capping at capacity. When i inquired at the start of the year when i was looking at buying, there was lots of places and now there is none.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bounty View Post
    Sounds like you don't want to travel too far, so the local zoned school may be your best option. Perhaps you could supplement with a tutor if you think the education is below par, or join the parents committee and help change the schools culture for the better.
    there is no spots at the local zoned school. I am willing to drive up to 20minutes one way to school but there is nothing available

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Can you sell your new house and go back to the old area? If you are talking about giving up your job and homeschooling (not my cup of tea but that's another thread) is the move really worth it?
    the house prices in the area i live are at 700k average for a small 3 bedroom place. can you afford that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also a teacher in sa & am trying to picture which area you might be in if the local zoned school is the 'worst in the state' with no other options for 40 mins - im guessing either northern suburbs or murray bridge?! If you feel comfortable saying what area, maybe me & other sa's will be able to help with more options/ suggestions. If not, my understanding is that the local zoned school HAS to take you, capped or not. The govt has to provide extra teachers, etc if need be, to accomodate students i that zone. If you are really unhapy with that option, you saif you were eligible for a taxi pass for the 40 min away school? Which would mean you wont

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (09-09-2014),Renn  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops sorry...
    ...wont have to travel, cos your kids can take a taxi? Also, have you rung the private schools in the area & requested an interview? If you chat face to face, there may be more chance of getting in earlier than you expect. Also, where fo you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast