+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read the replies but could he have reflux or something? If he cries everytime you put him down maybe it's because he finds it uncomfortable or painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Ok everyone keeps telling me that I just have to do what works while ds is so young - well, barely being able to put my baby down isnt working for me. Im hardly able to eat anything or tend to personal needs

I find it hard to use a carrier due to chronic neck issues - I cant have anything pulling on my shoulders

I get up to change ds but thats about it - he cracks up even whrn I put him down to wash my hands after changing him

What can I do?

No there isnt anyone who can come every day to hold him for me

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haven't read the replies but I love baby wearing. So I'm just quietly going to suggest that you go to a local baby wearing meet if there is one near you. The carrier you find stocked in most shops like the baby Bjorn and the cheap tomy ones are definitely going to hurt your shoulders and back. Try a tula or manduca the weight rests on your hips leaving your shoulder completely free from any weight or pain. Also does you baby have reflux sounds a lot like my son.

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I was told he doesnt have reflux but im starting to think he does so ill have to get a second opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I was told he doesnt have reflux but im starting to think he does so ill have to get a second opinion

Trust your gut instinct, I had to see 5 drs before someone listened to us and my son ended up medicated and it turned out he had cows milk protein intolerance as well. Big hugs, I hope you get
    Some relief soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a product you can get at the chemist called infant gaviscon, to treat reflux without a prescription. Im not sure of how young it can be given, but you can use it to test if he has reflux - if he does, giving him the infant gaviscon should make a marked difference in his temperament. Also, does he have any signs of food intolerance? How are his bowels? Does he have frequent, explosive, frothy poos? Another thing i did was look on youtube at a 'colic massage' - really helped if my bubbas had wind & a sore belly. Might be none of the above, but those are some things you might be able to rule out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! His bowels seem normal, havent noticed any problems there. I will try some infant gaviscon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I took my rs to hospital 7 times in his first 3 weeks of life telling them he has silent reflux and cmpi before they listened to me about the reflux it was a further 7 weeks and numerous hospital visits before he was diagnosed with cmpi as well. Trust your gut mother's know best. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've posted before in other threads, I'd definetly get that tt seen to. You have feeding issues and a baby with a tt. The LC should have advised you look into getting it snipped or lasered instead of letting you keep struggling.

There is a laser dentist at Milton who does it. It will set you back close to a grand. If you have phi its covered under major dental bracket. ive got the item number somewhere so ill have a look for it. you can ring your phi to see what rebate you can get. If money doesn't stretch that far, Russell med centre at mt gravatt will snip roughly $200 after Medicare rebate or $30 if you've reached the medicare threshold. After laser/scissor revision please follow up with chiro or osteo to release the tightness of neck, jaw and palate caused by tt. You may need to attend weekly for a good number of weeks to see improvement.

Next, Ill speak as a mum to a high needs baby. Yes, they are hard babies. They dont follow routine, they cry more, are wingy, whiny and appear more unsettled than other babies and they sleep a heck of a lot less than other babies. Mine fought sleep to the end due to his strong willed nature. He was a sleep fighter like no other. He just did not sleep. Ever. You need to get used to it and find ways to cope. I say this as a mum who had severe and debilitating pnd, a high needs baby who never slept, therefore I never slept, and also a mum who had no external support or family other than my husband to relieve me and give me a break.

These babies are VERY smart so you need to channel that energy into stimulation for them. They get bored easy and need to be entertained in their every waking moment. Yes, I kid you not, I would spend and devote my ENTIRE day to entertaining my DS. They won't let you do anything else, they are demanding of you and unfortunetly will suck every ounce of your strength from you. They are hard. Very, very hard but highly intelligent and inquisitive children.
    Last edited by adeline14; 11-09-2014 at 21:05.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adeline14 For This Useful Post:

Sabre  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adeline14 View Post
    I've posted before in other threads, I'd definetly get that tt seen to. You have feeding issues and a baby with a tt. The LC should have advised you look into getting it snipped or lasered instead of letting you keep struggling.

There is a laser dentist at Milton who does it. It will set you back close to a grand. If you have phi its covered under major dental bracket. ive got the item number somewhere so ill have a look for it. you can ring your phi to see what rebate you can get. If money doesn't stretch that far, Russell med centre at mt gravatt will snip roughly $200 after Medicare rebate or $30 if you've reached the medicare threshold. After laser/scissor revision please follow up with chiro or osteo to release the tightness of neck, jaw and palate caused by tt. You may need to attend weekly for a good number of weeks to see improvement.

Next, Ill speak as a mum to a high needs baby. Yes, they are hard babies. They dont follow routine, they cry more, are wingy, whiny and appear more unsettled than other babies and they sleep a heck of a lot less than other babies. Mine fought sleep to the end due to his strong willed nature. He was a sleep fighter like no other. He just did not sleep. Ever. You need to get used to it and find ways to cope. I say this as a mum who had severe and debilitating pnd, a high needs baby who never slept, therefore I never slept, and also a mum who had no external support or family other than my husband to relieve me and give me a break.

These babies are VERY smart so you need to channel that energy into stimulation for them. They get bored easy and need to be entertained in their every waking moment. Yes, I kid you not, I would spend and devote my ENTIRE day to entertaining my DS. They won't let you do anything else, they are demanding of you and unfortunetly will suck every ounce of your strength from you. They are hard. Very, very hard but highly intelligent and inquisitive children.
    Please please seek extra support OP. If with daycare, nanny etc for respite and your own sanity. Having 'every ounce of your strength sucked' sounds like a recipe for disaster and a breakdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by adeline14 View Post

Sounds like my every day life. Only I don't have anyone at all to relieve me.