+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default This isnt working for me

Ok everyone keeps telling me that I just have to do what works while ds is so young - well, barely being able to put my baby down isnt working for me. Im hardly able to eat anything or tend to personal needs

I find it hard to use a carrier due to chronic neck issues - I cant have anything pulling on my shoulders

I get up to change ds but thats about it - he cracks up even whrn I put him down to wash my hands after changing him

What can I do?

No there isnt anyone who can come every day to hold him for me

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No new advice because DD was exactly the same until she was a few months old. Do you have a baby swing? I could sometimes get away with putting her in the swing for 15/20mins at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you have an automatic swing or something that you can put him in?

Also, you could put a wrap down your top for a few hours so it gets your scent, then use that to wrap him for sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say either put him in day care for just one day, or let him cry while you do what needs to be done. Like leave him while you eat, stay near him and talk to him ect but don't pick him up until you are ready. Probably not a popular opinion, but I believe in a little rough love once in a while

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2014),Chillies  (11-09-2014),Funnels  (08-09-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-09-2014),Mokeybear  (11-09-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (08-09-2014),SJ565  (08-09-2014),Soon2be4  (08-09-2014),zoz  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I will probably get crucified for this, but that is exactly how I felt with ds1. I wanted someone to tell me exactly what to do. And I read save you sleep (I know I know!). And it worked like a dream for ds1. It was like getting the recipe when Id been trying to guess the ingredients! To this day, he's 6, he still loves knowing what's next.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2014),Funnels  (08-09-2014),Sethysmum  (08-09-2014),Soon2be4  (08-09-2014)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi heartstringz, hugs. could you change the position of the cot so the bubs head is elevated? try putting bub on his back or side position? my youngest grandson would not settle unless he was held almost upright against someone's chest , so I can understand your frustration. how old is your bub now? this sort of needs can continue for a couple of months from what I understand. I know you have tried doctors, but have you had allergy tests done?? Hugs, I wish I could come over and hold the bub for you. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second a bit of tough love sometimes especially to save your sanity. People used to say just baby wear, just demand feed! Blah blahh blahh... I needed to miss my baby and I needed space especially without family support and being home by myself all day long! And "save our sleep" saved our sanity too, never looked back. You're not alone in feeling this way and it's perfectly okay to. X
    Last edited by Soon2be4; 08-09-2014 at 11:51.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Heartstringz, I second what others have said with an electric/automatic swing, or something similar that you can put bub in that swings, rocks or vibrates.

With my DD2, I even resorted at times (especially in the late afternoons) just putting her in the pram and wheeling her room to room as I went about what I was doing and if she started up, I could give her a bit of a rock in the pram. I even used to take her outside on the driveway and a bit of rocky terrain for the bumps as that seemed to soothe her too. If I needed to shower, I would put her in a vibrating rocker near the bathroom door and would talk to her so she could hear my voice.

The only other thing I used to do was to put my nightie or something with my scent on (like a pillow case) in with her so she could smell me, but sometimes that would backfire because I was breastfeeding. Sometimes, she just had to have a grizzle, if she was fed, had a clean nappy and was otherwise fine, and fortunately I was able to wear her too, if need be.

Huge it's so hard, but it does get better in time, it really does.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 08-09-2014 at 11:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been to a doctor to see if he has reflux or anything like that?

I'm another who loved the swing, I had a clingy newborn like yours and I alternated between the swing and carrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i remember the same feeling hun. In the end I put my daughter in the infant swing and had to let her cry if I wanted to have a shower or eat. nothing else I could do. it took a noisy few weeks but she got used to the infant swing. it certainly helped. Are you feeling depressed? if so, see your dr straightaway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-09-2014)