+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whoo hoo Nala. Loving all the baby news. Steph can't believe how quick it has gone, you must be very excited to meet you little princess very soon.

I have my nurse call with The fertility centre next week to discuss if they will be suitable for us and plan our first cycle in the next few months. We have decided this is the last year if Ivf for us and I'm pretty nervous already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, very happy but nervous too.
    Steph that's so soon!!
    Dragon, fingers crossed for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nala9000 For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck dragon!

It is nerve racking isn't it Nala! I'm 19 weeks and still nervous. Although I have a lot less time to think about it these days.

Keep in touch x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few toddler questions which I'm hoping someone may jade advice on...

1. When do I move Ivy to a bed? We are moving house in 8 weeks, do I move her into one now....or wait till we move and then move her into one around 4 weeks after We move in which is 4 weeks before bub is due??

2. Did you find your bub/toddler took well to a bed? Ivy seems nervous, we have talked about it a lot and picked her big bed but recently she asks me 'cot will come back?' If I talk about her actually getting the big bed...

3. How do I know when she is ready for toilet training? She loves playing with her potty but can't seem to sit on it for more than a few secs which means no wee on there.

She has just gone 22 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #8

1. When do I move Ivy to a bed? We are moving house in 8 weeks, do I move her into one now....or wait till we move and then move her into one around 4 weeks after We move in which is 4 weeks before bub is due??

Myles (23 months) is still in a cot, he will be for a while, so at the moment we have 2 cots, a mini cot & bassinet in the house! He was only 19 months when DD was born though...We don't plan on moving him until he starts climbing out of his cot... Do you have someone you could borrow a cot from until Ivy is ready? Or the other thing I have heard is to put both in the room (if you have the space) and get her to do day sleeps in it... I would guess after you move into the new place would be best as it will be disruptive enough for her??

3. How do I know when she is ready for toilet training? She loves playing with her potty but can't seem to sit on it for more than a few secs which means no wee on there.

We've started with DS but only slowly, his personality needs a gently gently approach! We offer a prize for wees (jelly bean) and if he's really distressed we don't worry about it & he wears a nappy... We use books & toys to get him to sit for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    William is already in a big bed. We moved in November so transitioned him then. We have a rail on the side and just padded the edge with a pillow the first few weeks. He gets out all time but we just take him back and he usually goes straight back to sleep. We have a video monitor which had made it less stressful too.

We have also started introducing toilet. I have been putting him on it ever day before his shower or bath and the first time must have been great timing cause we got a number 2. Haven't had another one but he does do a little wee each time so I guess it's good for him to know the feeling of doing a wee. He was watching ds2 go for wee's so I think that had made him more interested.

He really likes getting up on the big toilet on his ladder. Do you have a potty or ladder set up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a potty which she loves...but never done anything in it 😉.

To be honest I haven't tried hard at all yet, I have put her on it or she sits on it but she stays for prob a total of 3 seconds then says 'done'!!

I haven't tried making her stay there by singing or books etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might look into a ladder to the toilet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And this one is a boy!!! I'm a bit scared as I feel like another girl would be easier, but it's exciting all the same 😊 only issue is Dam placenta is in the way....hope it moves up else I'm on the road to c section....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exciting!!! Boys are great, they keep you on your toes but in a good way! XX