+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Nala we're having a girl this time. Eek! AJ seems to know something is happening and is quite unsettled by it (though he's also been sick and teething molars so hard to know what's causing what). I don't think he's going to cope well for quite some time with having to share me! And I'm already feeling sad that she will be getting a different experience to him in terms of one on one time and less nap time cuddles :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had our NT Test this morning and while everything looks ok and baby is measuring well on the ultrasound the Dr was worried about the results when we mixed it with my bloods.

So we started stressing... We are in the high risk for T21. However looking at the form from Douglas Pathology, the results of my bloods where done incorrectly at 13.4 weeks not 11 weeks.

So the receptionist rang Douglas Pathology and they recalculated my bloods from 11.2 weeks and we are back in the Low Risk.

But now I am stressed. The U/s dr has given me a form to get a blood test screening which is a lot more accurate. Theres a new one where your blood is sent to the states for testing.

I've spoken to our OB and he says it should be ok but he understands if we want to get further tests for piece of mind.

Am I over reacting or should I get the blood test done so I can stress less. I just feel that the results are now inconclusive as they took them off the wrong dates. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    We had our NT Test this morning and while everything looks ok and baby is measuring well on the ultrasound the Dr was worried about the results when we mixed it with my bloods.

So we started stressing... We are in the high risk for T21. However looking at the form from Douglas Pathology, the results of my bloods where done incorrectly at 13.4 weeks not 11 weeks.

So the receptionist rang Douglas Pathology and they recalculated my bloods from 11.2 weeks and we are back in the Low Risk.

But now I am stressed. The U/s dr has given me a form to get a blood test screening which is a lot more accurate. Theres a new one where your blood is sent to the states for testing.

I've spoken to our OB and he says it should be ok but he understands if we want to get further tests for piece of mind.

Am I over reacting or should I get the blood test done so I can stress less. I just feel that the results are now inconclusive as they took them off the wrong dates. What do you think?
    I'd get the blood tests done :-) peace of mind is important while you are pregnant XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too would get the test, I think it's called harmony or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I booked it in for Monday, then it's sent to the states so don't get results for 2 weeks. But better to know than not I think.

I asked about the harmony one and apparently this one is totally different and more accurate. But in saying that I haven't looked into the harmony one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's the same thing from what I'm reading he must just be affiliated with this brand I guess lol would explain why he got agitated when I mentioned it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha well what ever brand I'm sure it will be fine 😉 but best to be safe than sorry hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Introducing Sophie Ana Wilson. Born 2.37pm Monday 23rd February. 3.26kg / 7pd 3oz. 49cm. AJ isn't too fussed on having a sister. He largely ignores her but does like to mimic her when she's crying which drives me nuts! It's AJ's birthday tomorrow though so we'll be making sure he gets lots of attention!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiew View Post
    Introducing Sophie Ana Wilson. Born 2.37pm Monday 23rd February. 3.26kg / 7pd 3oz. 49cm. AJ isn't too fussed on having a sister. He largely ignores her but does like to mimic her when she's crying which drives me nuts! It's AJ's birthday tomorrow though so we'll be making sure he gets lots of attention!
    Congrats!! Enjoy your little girl X

Happy Birthday AJ!

The mimicking will continue, Myles does it all the time, very annoying especially cause the crying isn't enough to deal with! Monkeys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats she is beautiful. Love all that hair.

How you feeling Nala?