+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Riss if you dont mind me asking whats the stitch for? I know sometimes its done if the womb is weak, I have heard of Drs doing it when pregnant though. Oh my god unopened envelope huh! Wow and being able to find out at 10 weeks!

Ngaiz good! Keeping checking off those milestone weeks!

Jay so nice to hear from you ! Sorry about your unsuccessful tx. Good luck with the next one. I only had one emby which didn't stick so its back to the drawing board for me !

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's ok Ann. I lost a baby at 17 weeks to suspected incompetent cervix. During my pregnancy with my DS I had a vaginal stitch put in at 12 weeks but as it can be susceptible to infection and can fail I spent most of the pregnancy on bedrest with heaps of stress and anxiety. I found out through research and a fb group that there is another stitch that is done before pregnancy and it done through the abdomen it's up high and permanent. So more csections for me. It's Called a TAC. An amazing dr in melb does them through keyhole surgery so I thought it would be best to do it before we tried. I don't need to be on bed rest and can lead life as a 'normal' pregnant woman which is so nice for a change. The success rate for this one is much higher. I'm thankful my OB is so knowledgable about IC as not a lot are.

As with the gender it's been hard. I think we might succumb. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Riss is that the one that wraps around the cervix rather than a physical stich?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's still a stitch but it's right at the very top of the cervix. The tension has to be just right to still allow periods to happen and an ivf catheter to go through. A lot of woman who had had cervical cancer removed get it.
    I've vaguely heard of what you are talking about. Not sure what's it's called. I think a cervical cap? Could be wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @Ngaiz! How's your pregnancy going? I hope you are well.

How is everyone else and all the little ones?

I'm currently doing my first FET cycle to try for #2 and I'm having a ET on Monday, so excited and can't wait!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (08-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stephie was 18 months old on Wednesday. This pic was taken after her vaccination the day before. She says about a dozen words, walks everywhere, eats almost as much as me sometimes. She is about 11.6kg and just on 82cm. She loves her stuffed toys, music, ripping her books apart. She can drink both milk and water from a sippy cup (obviously not at the same time) - some trouble with dribbling though, even though the cups are supposed to be non-spill. Bottles will hopefully be gone altogether by the end of the year.

She may have to start childcare by February, since I started working at a local Woolworths last week, and DH has just gotten into Uni to do a Bachelor of Languages.

She just yesterday learned to climb up onto the couch, and seems to enjoy standing on it. Thankfully, she can get off safely once she's in a sitting position.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    She looks so tall!! M is right on 11kg and 79 or 80cm, she will be 18mths in 2 weeks time so will know for sure then. Sounds like our girls are similar, she loves food and never gets full and is like a little parrot. Her newest word is shoes and yesterday I left her wardrobe door open and she excitedly started pulling out shoes and saying it over and over. Her favourite things are her dolls and teddy bears, she can't get enough of stuffed toys also. M isn't a big climber and only does the lounge as well. It's a lot easier now you know they arent just going to roll off it but still got to keep watch. We are going through a big make a mess phase. Everything gets pulled out of cupboards and drawers- mainly Tupperware containers, measuring cups and her plastic bowls. I know she's only exploring and she's pretty good at packing up.
    I hope Stephie felt ok after her needles!
    Last edited by Annerley; 06-12-2015 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    She looks so tall!! M is right on 11kg and 79 or 80cm, she will be 18mths in 2 weeks time so will know for sure then. Sounds like our girls are similar, she loves food and never gets full and is like a little parrot. Her newest word is shoes and yesterday I left her wardrobe door open and she excitedly started pulling out shoes and saying it over and over. Her favourite things are her dolls and teddy bears, she can't get enough of stuffed toys also. M isn't a big climber and only does the lounge as well. It's a lot easier now you know they arent just going to roll off it but still got to keep watch. We are going through a big make a mess phase. Everything gets pulled out of cupboards and drawers- mainly Tupperware containers, measuring cups and her plastic bowls. I know she's only exploring and she's pretty good at packing up.
    I hope Stephie felt ok after her needles!
    Yep. No problems so far, and she had them on Tuesday. She loves coming along after we've put her toys away and pulling them all back out of the toybox again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are a month behind on vaccination. I realllly need to get L's done otherwise I will lose my chilcare subsidies. It means taking a day off work (which of course is worth it) that I'm not sure work will give me willingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat Stephie is just the cutest!

Good luck for the fet Annerley.

Me, I'm good. Stressed at work but otherwise well, 105 more days to go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-12-2015),Catzilla  (09-12-2015)