+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick note to say hi ladies. Abi was briiiiiliant on the flights t Auckland then Wellington. She slept for two hours straight on the first leg! And she's been pretty good sleeping in a new environment. Although the last two nights have been tough with and we think it's due to feeding. Last night she was up every 2-3 hours. Praying for a good night tonight. 😬
    She loving being the centre of attention and meeting lots of family members. And has been surprisingly happy most times. We've been careful to try give her down time to avoid over stimulation too.
    We went to the local library here and sung songs and rhymes with other kiddies which was a fun outing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS didn't roll til 8 months. He could sit alone by 4 months so wasn't missing out!

Apparently stopping swaddling helps to get them rolling. DS was such a great sleeper when swaddled and I chose sleep over rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra the crunches are most prob a start to rolling. Ellie does a crunch and then falls to the side to roll. Haven't any experience with MCNs but they look cute!

Lotsa glad the trip is going well!

Ellie has started night waking again after sleeping through from 6 weeks (she's approx 4.5 mths). She has started solids and I can't remember if waking or solids came first. At the moment it's 1 tbsp of Farex per day but yesterday I gave her two serves. I did hear that babies that have been sleeping through might suddenly start waking around this age so not really worrying. During tummy time she's up on her knees rocking back n forth and rolling over (just one way - back to front) so I'm thinking with the extra energy she might want to eat more?

Yesterday had my first real fright. I fed her in the pram (as usual) and when I took her bowl to the sink I heard a terrible thud and there was Ellie on the floor! She had fallen out of her pram by rocking back and forward in a sitting position and tumbling out through the 'v' created on the side by the reclined chair and raised footstool. Fortunately she didn't cry for long and only had a small red mark for a few hours to mark the occasion but I felt so irresponsible! Needless to say she will be always buckled in from now on...so grateful nothing serious happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry hwaterhouse. I know it is completely gut wrenching and you feel terrible, but it is more common than you think! My DS pushed DD off the couch (yes, I left the room while the baby was on the couch and the toddler was there - rule 101 broken). I heard a giant thud and then a scream. Raced back and she was face down in the floor.

I completely lost my s**t and nearly had a heart attack, but she was fine. The more people I told the more I heard how it happened to others. Like really close friends who had never said anything previously, until I told them what happened to me. One friends bub fell off the change table onto tiled floor and had to go to emergency - and that baby is now a perfectly fine toddler!

You poor thing - I bet your heart stopped beating when it happened! I know mine did!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bedlover thank you so much! Perhaps if I mentioned it to my friends I would find the same thing. I haven't volunteered the info so I guess they wouldn't either! You've made me feel a lot better. And I'm glad your dd is fine...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (18-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bro in law dropped my niece off the changing table and she's fine. He tells me all the time to remind me we make mistakes and they survive. It's nice really isn't it. I don't think he'd volunteer that info to many people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra - I use Hippybottomus and love them. I use disposable at night, but usually only 1 maybe 2 and I use the Aldi ones which are pretty cheap. I find the MCN easy to use and wash, I do use them with a disposable liner. I just buy the home brand ones from Woolies. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Great to read that we are all going well with our beautiful bubs. All growing up to fast. 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use poppits and find them great at night. And we use disposables when we travel or leave the house. Now that Abi's on solids I've found we have to make sure all poo that's gotten on the nappy needs to be rinsed off well before washing.

5 months old yesterday!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1411116381.589627.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pic update time talking more last two day (4months next week 23rd) no signs of rolling but told not to worry unless nothing by 6months although sits pretty well already instead.
    Attachment 60917

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH! Got mine in the mail today and can't wait to try them. So far the simplicity of the pocket seems so much better than some of the snap ins I have which I'm guessing are going to get messy! I'm just waiting for the stash to dry and need to buy liners tomorrow. E is a very heavy wetter so we are keen to try some of the night nappies to see if we can get away without changes. I hope the hippys can last his usual 2-3 hrs between changes.

Haven't seen poppits lotsa, but I plan on using disposables when out as well as on holidays