+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those party ideas are great! We are having an afternoon tea in the park tomorrow. A friend is doing the cake and I have no idea what she is doing! No theme as such, just some bunting and balloons. Hope the weather's good I hope you all enjoy celebrating this milestone. Not sure about you, but there was a time when I thought I may never have children. When I see Ellie I feel so blessed (being an easy baby helps with that feeling I'm sure!).

Is there anyone out there who has decided to have only one child? Still can't make my mind up to try for another or not. Love to hear what people are thinking/feeling either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have done a bee / ladybug cake ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429908824.040827.jpgas she has a music box with these on them and she LOVES them.

Jay - this is what I did for my son this year. Was a rectangular slab and I just cut out the pieces and put them together, then iced etc.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429908783.760644.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think we're done at one. I'm already 40, I don't think we can afford to go through IVF again, and we got nothing frozen from our first cycle (there was only 1 embryo mature enough to inject).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!!! I'm sorry it's been so long.... I just can't believe how fast time flies. I'm back at work 3 days a week so I barely have time to scratch myself these days.

Happy belated 1st birthday to everyone already celebrated. Mia's 1 on Tuesday and I just can't believe it! I still look at her in disbelief that she really is my baby girl I've always dreamt about

We have decided that we won't have any more Bubs. I'll be 40 this year and we can't afford IVF at the moment and also me having another 12 months off work. My Dh's 18yr old son lives with us too.

We're having a elephant theme for Mia's party. I'll post some pics next weekend.

I've got to go back and read all the posts, sorry I haven't had a chance.

Here is a pic of our big girl!!! 😘 to you all

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1429978894.501245.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (26-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh she is cute JJ! Thanks Cat and JJ for sharing. It helps a lot. It seems it mostly comes down to time and money. I don't need to work, I'm 35, and my clinic is cheap. Plus I have a frosty. So the same factors aren't at play. And bedlover already has 2 I'm so happy with just one. I'm afraid of upsetting the balance and not coping well with 2. At the same time I want to have another one. DH acknowledges that it's me that is going through it all so the final decision is mine. His preference is to at least try the frosty and do a couple of cycles but not spend all of Ellie's childhood on the IVF roller coaster if it's not working. Guess I'll wait until next year and see how I feel. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- the dinosaur theme sounds cute! You'll have to post some pics from the party when it comes around! Lucky you as you'll likely have nice weather for his party, whereas we will all be freezing with our late autumn or winter bubs.

Cat- that cake is adorable!! Jay is right, it will be easy to serve without having to cut it up. It will also be easy to know how many cupcakes you need so no one gets missed!

JJ- Mia is so cute!! A big happy birthday to her for Tuesday! I can't believe basically a year has passed already for all of our bubs, it's gone so quickly and makes me wonder how quickly the years will fly by.

Hwaterhouse- we will be trying to at least 1 more. I'm only 30 and have 4 frosties so it's an easy decision for us given that we got so lucky last time. If I had to start again with another cycle, I'm not sure id be so keen, even though my cycle wasn't overly tough! It is a really hard decision when a lot more time, effort and money has to be put into each child just being conceived. I can definitely understand not wanting to spend Ellie's childhood on the roller coaster. Even just ttc and that whole journey consumed me so I wouldn't want to waste that time with M.
    I have a sister and couldn't imagine my life without her and I've always imagined having two kids. We can afford to financially with me having the time off work, I actually plan to have more time off if we get a next time round and it saddens me to think that this might be my last time having a baby and seeing all the firsts since even though I want another, there's no guarantees obviously! It's such a hard decision but one you have to be comfortable with and your coping is definitely a big consideration in that! Do you have a lot of family support around you?
    Last edited by Annerley; 26-04-2015 at 08:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014#7

Thanks Annerley. I'm enjoying Ellie so much. I see other friends with more kids and everything seems crazy and it turns me off having more. I guess I'm in a good position because I think I'm willing to give IVF another go, but only to a certain point and if it doesn't work out I'll be OK with that. I have a tonne of support. It's just so much easier than I thought it would be I don't want to risk the move from easy to challenging. I guess you just adapt to the changing situation.

We had Ellie's party today. It was such a good day and the cake was AMAZING!!! My friend did an awesome job. She just modeled it on the invitation so it was a lovely surprise. Hope everyone else enjoys celebrating their beautiful bubs.
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 26-04-2015 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For what it's worth, I have found 2 a real challenge. One was really fun - I loved my mat leave, enjoyed all the firsts and just really had a blast. With the second, the pregnancy was harder as I was running after a toddler, and I just didn't feel it was as enjoyable. I guess I didn't have as much time to "smell the roses"!! Plus it was really hectic and dividing your attention between 2 is really emotionally draining. It is getting easier now the R is more independent, but then they have started fighting over toys etc. Ah the joys!

Having said all that I haven't ruled out going back for number 3!!!!! Most people I know are shocked by number 2 and the extra work it creates. However the few I know with 3 say that the third one just fits in to the crazy that the first 2 created so is way easier!!! Who knows!!!! I think DH would take some convincing though!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bedlover. That is really helpful. Sounds like it is going to be a major adjustment with two. Good luck on convincing your DH to go for #3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok iam really embarrassed ! I couldn't bake a cup cake out of a box ! I telly good at cooking but not when it comes to baking (or gardening - I cld kill a shrub!). I have been thinking of birthday party but I think iam going to probably have it catered (cocktail plus main meal ) since I don't have the energy to do it myself. It's a bit complicated being in overseas in an expatriate setting. It's easier at home when you just invite your friends with kids.

Annerly - you hit the spot! I would love to share her name which is extremely distinct ( no its not as distinct as Apple, Peaches or Blue Ivy!) but her birthdate name and us being overseas wld be a giveaway ! Sorry guys.

Jay - can you not 'unsuspend' it? It would be cheaper to pay for airfares rather than the US amount, sounds so expensive. We still kept our insurance in Aust but yes it had been so expensive paying for airfares, rental, acc, food, meds etc! We still go back at least every three months last time I left Syd with 11 bags (incl boxes !) of things !

jTiger awww she is absolutely gorgeous !

DH is very clucky ! And I have one frosty so thinking of going back and doing a tx! Will let you gals know!