+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funny you mention Aquaphor as thats the ointment I've found and been using from the first few days here!
    Hiltons doing well using everything he can to stand as often and for as long as he can then flops down into the sitting position with the biggest smile! He moves around still crawling but much faster or uses furniture to get around. We lowered his cot yesterday just to prevent any accidents as he likes to pull up & move around his cot when he doesn't want to sleep!
    His sleep patterns are changing too I think he's dropping his morning sleep. We have started to re introduce the self setting and it's working and he only woke last night because his nappy had overflowed and nose was blocked. Love cuddling up to hubby at night once again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (11-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann does she self settle? If not we have been doing a technique as Hilt needed to relearn as he'd spent too many nights ending up in our bed and needing to be cuddled to sleep.
    We would put him in his bed when he looked tired with a cuddle and kiss tell him its time to get some sleep put him down, then put our hand on his chest for a few seconds to reasure him and walk out - he'd scream and scream so after a little bit we'd go back in pick him up say sleep time kiss lay him down hand on chest for a few seconds walk out - let him cry a little- walk in pick up no cuddles hand on chest walk out - he'd scream so waited a while in cuddle laid down no words no hand on chest this time walk out then just rinse and repeat
    * note if he did seem to get really stressed we would cuddle till he calmed down I don't believe in putting him straight back down if still hysterical or letting him scream to sleep is good in my opinion! Also after a sleep if he wakes crying I leave in in his cot and give him lots of kisses and tickles and talk to him until he's happy then get him out as i want him to like waking in his cot and this morning that worked as he woke up chatting away - i don't swoop in anymore i get up going to the bathroom and give him time to wake up properly and take in his environment and he's so much happier with this! Also he's learnt to self settle again so last two nights only one wake up for a nappy change!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014#7

Oh nappy changes started doing a similar thing with the make him happy before changing with kisses, belly raspberries & funny faces then play peeaky boo and give kisses where possible throughout change and not take off till happy & change- so its more a special one on one time
    Last edited by Jay11; 08-03-2015 at 23:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow last night he went to sleep with no comforting - he cried a little when i left room but within a minute he was asleep still under covers and all! Woke at 7am / 8am as clocks went forward an hour here yesterday to my surprise - i could get used to this
    He went straight to sleep tonight - so far so good

"winner winner chicken dinner" haha
    Last edited by Jay11; 10-03-2015 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds good ! Well I have been bad and still letting her co sleep!!!!! The routine is either it be day time naps or night sleep, I give her the milk snd towards the end eyes closing slowed sucking and soon as it finishes I pull it out and stick dummy she turns her head sideways and sleeps no drama. But now she finishes bottle eyes closing.... but as soon as it finishes turns around and sits up!! Crawls around in bed anywhere upto 30 mins plays and falls asleep no crying. I miss the former style though. Naps can be from one hr to three. But if she naps really late wakes up 6 pm she can go til 12! There's no sleep at 7 or 8 here ! If she does she will be up at 10pm we have gone through with that ! But once down for the night if she cries just a bit, I just put the dummy and falls back straight away.

i do exactly the same no swooping let her come around slowly and then i will be smiling and talking to her gently before I pick her up. And she wakes up with a big smile then slowly starts whispering (she sounds really cute and funny !) then chatting ! She can stay up for hours !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha what is it with that Hilts the same starts off whispering then gets really excited loud especially when he sees or hears Dad or if im trying to be quiet to not wake Dad its like he knows and gets even louder saying Dad dad-da Dad over and over poor hubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    10months old now wow

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Jay11; 01-04-2015 at 05:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hilt is such a chubba bubba Jay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know and to think his weight was only 10th percentile for ages from 20days old until 4months & we were worried ... he was up to the 90th @ 8mths but his height is only 40th making him look Extra Chubby