+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014#7

Thanks Ngaiz, Ellie seems to be the same. She was above 100 when born and gradually moved down to just above 50th now weighing about 8.2kg. She still has lots of baby fat rolls so plenty to draw on. I'm going back in a month to check on her progress.

L and E seem very similar indeed.
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 18-12-2014 at 14:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hayley, I'm so sorry to hear that you are so close to where it all happened. I was quite terrified on Monday and Tuesday, it felt so close and real being that Sydney feels like just down the road. I used to do all my training in Sydney in the building that the snipers were standing right out the front of. When they reported about the plans they found back in September, it sent chills through me. I've walked through that area so many times on my own. Those poor people!

We've been to M's six month check up and she's averaged 150g per week over the last 2mths but I know it will slow down, she's a fair bit younger than your two Hayley and Ngaiz. She's only 15th percentile so doesn't have much in reserve.

I asked a lot of questions regarding solids and this was her advice in case it helps.

She said that 3 tablespoons is a good meal size and then progress to two meals and once that one is three tablespoons then go to a 3rd and then increase each one from there. She said to go at the baby's pace since they are all different with different appetites. I mentioned to her how I just make up 3 tablespoons at breakfast time and don't offer anymore and she said at M's age that that is plenty for one meal and to not necessarily feed her til she is full as milk is her main source of nutrition. We are currently doing 3 tablespoons for breakfast and 1 tablespoon late afternoon so we will keep building on dinner and then introduce lunch when she is ready.
    She seemed very impressed that M was drinking 4 x 180ml bottles a day and said that that is plenty and that now she is having solids, I don't have to gradually increase milk feeds with age. She said to try and stick to this amount until 8mths (or if anything just slightly lower as needed over the next two months). She said at 8mths bubs should be fairly comfortable with finger foods so to build up to that and by that age they should be having 3 meals a day. At 8mths when they may gradually drop feeds, she advised to try and stick to 4 feeds but said that M will gradually start rejecting all of her bottle so just to decrease the amount in each not the number of bottles. She said at 8-9mths, she may only want 120ml per bottle and will continue to drop away to nothing. She also said to give water, which I'd just started doing, so she gets used to it.
    at 12mths, she said some will still want 1-2bottles of toddler milk per day but usually by 18mths, they'll start to refuse it all together. Since at 12mths, their food is their main source of nutrients then most bubs will do fine with just meals (and snacks) plus cows milk and water.
    she also said that in a couple of months when M is on 3 meals a day that she may get hungry in between solid feeds (since they might eat breakfast at 7am) and milk may not fill her up til lunch time where she can have more food so obviously she said that snacks may need to be introduced too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (18-12-2014),Ngaiz  (18-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Annerley. The Christmas Party has been cancelled which is just as well as it would probably be quite somber looking over the crime scene. The plot in September is very frightening but glad people continue to go about their day as normal.

Thanks for all that info Annerley. It's very useful. I will more or less follow that plan. I think it's right to up the milk feeds to 4 with meals and snacks as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm off to NZ today for Christmas. We will be going off the grid so wishing you all a very Merry Christmas with your precious little ones. Finally got the gift we waited so long for and couldn't be happier xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (20-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have fun Ngaiz! Merry Christmas 🎄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, haven't had a chance to read all the posts..
    Merry Christmas Ngaiz! Yes, who needs presents when we have our own little miracles!!! This will be all our best Christmas ever!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Merry Christmas mummies and babies- such an exciting time of year for us all!

Thank you all for your support this year, it was great to share in everyone's wonderful and special news earlier this year- our babies are growing up ladies.

Ngaiz- have a fantastic holiday!!

Jay- any news for you and have you moved yet? You better check in soon otherwise you'll risk being cut out of your second mothers group within a year

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (14-01-2015),hwaterhouse  (23-12-2014),Ngaiz  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy NY sorry I've been absent. House sold, 1 car sold and other pretty much sold too. Removals all done so visited family on car trip from Melb to Gold Coast and here now until we fly out on the 7th. Busy busy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Jay- any news for you and have you moved yet? You better check in soon otherwise you'll risk being cut out of your second mothers group within a year
    Haha!

Hope the move went well Jay! Update us when you can!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Howdy! Happy 2015 everyone!! No news here, things are still the same hahaha!