+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Annerley, I'm a bit clueless about the feeds and am going to speak to a nurse next week. So hard to know the right amount of milk feeds to solids. Probably there is a wide range of acceptable approaches. I more or less follow the advice in 'Baby Love' but some people think three breastfeeds isn't enough. I also don't know about meal sizes with solids and have no idea of Ellie's weight so I should be clearer on things next week.

I've looked over Ellie's sleep and most of the time she is getting about 13.5 hrs - just shy of the 14 hrs most often quoted for her age. I'll check with the nurse about that too but it seems to be enough. A few days she's had only 10 but not very often. I just freaked when I read 12 hrs overnight plus 4 hrs day sleeping!

I'm trying to enjoy things and not worry so much. Children are brought up differently all over the world with success and information changes all the time. The most important thing for me is to keep her healthy and enjoy parenthood as much as possible. I think that's when sleep school etc is important. Either you or your child is unhappy and it needs to be resolved for sanity and well being. I don't feel I am close to that yet, but may be able to avoid it better by learning from all the ladies who have gone before and shared their success here. So I am very grateful to be part of the conversation.

Spidery your family portraits are gorgeous!! R is too cute...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (14-12-2014),Spidery  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and have fun at the concert Annerley! Hope you don't miss M too much.

I am leaving Ellie for about 6 hrs today which will be weird! Going to a high tea in Katoomba. But she won't take a bottle so I need to get back to feed her

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm following the SOS routine so, it's a bottle on waking, solids an hour later then back to bed an hour after that. Four milk feeds and 3 solids a day. She's having anywhere between 100-200ml/feed. For solids I don't really measure it out, I just feed until she starts refusing it. Once again, the amount varies.

We had a good night last night, Lex only woke 3 times. I gave her 100ml of formula on the 3rd waking (2:45am) and that got her through to 5:50am. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. She didn't wake up when dh went in just after 5 either!!!!! We def weren't getting 12hrs sleep in a 24hr period haha.

I really appreciate all the advice and tips from you all. Being away from family can be hard at times.

I'm so jealous you're going to Katy Perry :-( There were so many concerts I wanted to go to this year but silly Dh not working ruined it.

My cheeky chicken pushing the limits. She's trying to stand and is leaning on the couch for balance. Clearly the lack of sleep is not detrimental to her development.
    Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery you must be exhausted. My DH was the same, every time V cried he always asked the same question "when was the last time you fed her" ,it really started getting on my nerves.
    Annerley we started solids at 5 months,2 x a day, then about 3 weeks into that introduced solids 3 x a day as advised by the lactation consultant. We were trying to fill her up so she would sleep better but it didn't really make a difference. At 6 months you can definitely start 3 x a day and you can give her several tablespoons. The milk feeds should not change and she should be having 4- 5 day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way the information I've given you is what I've learnt at ss. Obviously as said before there are different opinions and philosophies. But I noticed what we are learning is vey similar to the Save Our Sleep way of doing things. As mum said to me- when you were born we all did the same thing and there were less problems. Hmmm, got me thinking, maybe there are too many ways these days and often the nurses don't really tell you exactly what to do, and on the other hand, different nurses give you different information.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stephie generally has 4 bottles of formula at 180mls each per day. We also give her Farex and pureed fruit for breakfast, and pureed meat and veg for dinner. No idea when I should be introducing lunch as well. I'm always a bit nervous whenever I feed her solids (even the pureed stuff), that she's going to end up choking on it with only one tooth just starting to come through - wondering how she's going to chew it and work it around before swallowing it properly - but somehow she's managing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catlover I've heard they use their gums very effectively while waiting for teeth!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat, Lex doesnt chew and the diced veg comes out whole hehe. I got sick of the slop so moved straight onto 12month food.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    lol. Now I have visions of litle broccoli trees coming out in Stephie's poop.

Wondering now if I should try her on some toast fingers, or some boiled and cooled vegetable sticks.

Yip. She sure can gum you to death if you leave your finger in her mouth too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellie only has 2 teeth but devours a plain cruskit no problem

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (13-12-2014)