+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies
    I'm not liking solids, tried Erin on them over nearly 2 weeks, she loved everything we tried and had no trouble at all, was so cute how she would open her mouth and the noises she'd make, but the bad part was she ended up so constipated I had to give her coloxal infant drops for nearly 3 days. Poor darling started passing hard pebbles, it broke my heart each time as it hurt her so much to poop these out. She's back to normal now but god it freaked me out. Oh to be so excited over a "healthy" poo!!
    I think teeth aren't too far away but I do know they can go up and down for ages before they finally "cut". E chews anything and everything she can fit in her mouth, drools a lot at times and has red cheeks occasionally.

Misti - I've used huggies from birth, now using huggies and mcns when I know I'm going to be at home. My daughter wasn't classed as premmie but was quite small, 2.28kg, so the huggies Newborn size looked huge on her. They didn't leak at all except once when dh dressed her(he's all thumbs). Wishing you all the best and that your little one stays put a bit longer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

misti  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found Huggies great too. Got some from Woolies today for $26.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

misti  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used baby love and huggies are the only ones now I've had a couple of leaks but ally fault by not putting on properly when out and about rushing we don't use anything else now...we tried Aldi but found they didn't keep the moisture away from him you could see the wee on him when changing whereas he's dry with huggies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

misti  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amps View Post
    Hi Ladies
    I'm not liking solids, tried Erin on them over nearly 2 weeks, she loved everything we tried and had no trouble at all, was so cute how she would open her mouth and the noises she'd make, but the bad part was she ended up so constipated I had to give her coloxal infant drops for nearly 3 days. Poor darling started passing hard pebbles, it broke my heart each time as it hurt her so much to poop these out. She's back to normal now but god it freaked me out. Oh to be so excited over a "healthy" poo!!
    I think teeth aren't too far away but I do know they can go up and down for ages before they finally "cut". E chews anything and everything she can fit in her mouth, drools a lot at times and has red cheeks occasionally.

Misti - I've used huggies from birth, now using huggies and mcns when I know I'm going to be at home. My daughter wasn't classed as premmie but was quite small, 2.28kg, so the huggies Newborn size looked huge on her. They didn't leak at all except once when dh dressed her(he's all thumbs). Wishing you all the best and that your little one stays put a bit longer.
    Amps what foods did you give her at first? And how old was she when you started? Any idea on what caused the constipation?

Am planning to hold off solids for as long as possible (cause it's a pain!!) but not sure how long I can wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover - We started solids about a bit over 2 weeks ago, E had just truned 5 months. I had cooked a whole pumpkin which I pureed and froze in ice cube trays. I also gave her different pureed fruit and vegetables. Also farex mixed with milk and fruit. I think she got constipated because I was feeding her twice a day after 4 days of only once a day, might be too much especially as farex is basically fibre and too much fibre will bung you up.
    E had 2 wet poos today so hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow. Poor darling watches us eat, she watches everything now, so I caved tonight and gave her some pureed fruit, which she gobbled up. I think I will see how she goes with 1 feed a day........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots- happy to hear you've seen some improvement and I hope the probiotics work. Enjoy NZ you lucky thing!

Jay- your hubby is very spoilt!! What exciting news about Washington DC! So would you be going for 2yrs? You been there before? I loved it there

Amps- hard to believe you've started solids already, time is flying! I'm thinking about starting at 5mths too. Good tip about not trying too much at once. Hope the constipation stays away.

Misti- I'm another Huggies fan. We are still using newborn size and they were massive to begin with. I've bought infant size from woollies since they are on sale as M is nearing 5kg so the newborn are getting snug. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Catlover- M is drooling a bit and has started fist sucking but Ive been reading the wonder weeks and bubble blowing usually starts around 11wks and I've also read online that babies find their fists between 8-12weeks. We don't have the red cheeks here though so might be teething for you.

AFM: everything is going well. My LO will be 12wks this Friday. Loving this warmer weather so we can get out and about a bit more and go walking.
    hope all the daddies enjoyed Father's Day.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (11-09-2014),lotsathoughts  (15-09-2014),misti  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps & Annerley - our MHN recommended between 4-6mths this start with only 1-2 teaspoons after a feed increasing variety as you go and not mixing foods eg banana on its own not banana & apple mixed together or a serve of pumpkin & a serve of potato not potatoe -pumpkin purée mix. Idea is to adapt their palette and tolerances until 6months then meal replacement after 6months. Also if food needs milk no cows milk use breast / formula like with the farex.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (11-09-2014),Annerley  (11-09-2014),hwaterhouse  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - yep living there as a little family for two yrs a first time for us all. Honeymooned in Vagas and Hawaii but haven't seen anywhere else so a new life experience

My hubby spoils me heaps so it's nice to let him know I appreciate it every way is can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, I'm sure you will love Washington, how exciting!
    Thanks, very useful info there about solids. I knew about to start with small spoonfuls and not to mix foods so you can gage allergies and reactions. It seems you stick to one food for a couple of days before trying something new from what I've heard.
    I didn't know when a solid could replace a meal so thanks for letting me know and no giving bub a spoonful of our mash with cows milk, I could see me doing that without thinking! Anything else you can think of, let me know.

I've been reading about solids a bit lately. This site is a good one and might help some of you ladies:
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.c...m#.VAJxgH8aySM

I've been looking at sleeping bag options for when bub is bigger and can roll, plus it's warming up so don't want her to be too hot. I think I'm going to try the ergo pouches as they come in different togs and can transition bub from arms in to one arm out then both out, all in the one bag. Anyone else using or planning to use these or other bags?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerly

We have ergo bags I like them. Used different kind when he was younger one which he kept catching his feet on the crutch opening (useful to check nappy or put seatbelt buckle through in car) which was annoying. Another type I'll put him in if he's in a wiggly mood (tummy or gas) but find it hard to hold him in for feeding or settling. Have some light ones ready for summer to try as think they'll be easier to hold as not as thick
    Last edited by Jay11; 11-09-2014 at 22:01.