+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Annerley - I just messaged you re the Facebook group.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley- E can't really last longer than 1.5hrs awake at a time. I think that is still normal for 4 months... Problem is my little man is even worse for sleeping during the day. He is tired and cranky most of the time and gets sort hyperactive but upset. I'd love for him to sleep longer than his usual 45 mins. Occasionally he will do a 2 hr arvo nap and he is just a different baby! Calm and happy. Think I might be seeking help for this soon....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (05-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover- just pm'ed you

Berra- I'm lucky that she very easily follows the 'rule' of only wanting to be up for the right amount of time. My thoughts are more around the long length of time she is sleeping between these awake periods. I know sound ridiculous complaining about this (and it's not a complaint, I hope I don't sound silly) but I'm sure she will grow out of it in time and need less sleep.
    Last edited by Annerley; 06-11-2014 at 00:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really like the look of the caprice car seat. I think we still have some time in our car capsule anyway as V is not that big. Probably go to Baby bunting and check them out soon. For us in particular V never slept well in her capsule. The first few months she just cried everytime we drove her around in the car. She doesn't do it anymore thank goodness. Is it true that the 0-8 yr car seats are not good for sleeping? Can you buy inserts or something to make them more comfortable?
    Berra do you try to catch up on sleep during the day? That's what I do when we have had a bad night. Mine still doesn't self settle,Im trying to teach her but it's pretty hard, she gets really worked up when I just leave her to it so I always have to go back in and rock her in her cot, give her the dummy and shoosh Shoosh her. Trying hard to get away from this. Last night she was unsettled from 3-4.30 am. Im trying not to feed her at night anymore, not sure if she is expecting a feed. But last night refused to give in to her because she had a feed a 10.30 then 1am and I can't imagine she would be hungry again at 3am! I ended up giving her a bf at 4.30 as she wouldn't sleep. The maternal health nurse said to me she's just in a habit and that at 6 months she should be doing 6 hour blocks of sleep without a feed. Grr, it's so hard. I know I need to be consistent here, and sometimes I wonder if I'm not sending the right messages to her. She often comes into our bed too and last night tried to settle her in her cot, maybe I'm confusing her there too.
    JJ do they teach you how to self settle at sleep school ? I feel like I need help in that department.
    Annerley yes I would be interested in a fs book page. From what I've seen with my friends you either have sleepy babies or those who fight it. Annerley I think she is perfectly normal and just loves to sleep. She'll probably be a good sleeper in the future to. Unfortunately mine hates it and screams and cries as soon as I put her sleep bag on her. She just knows what's coming and will not comply. Probably will always be this way! Poor me, apparently I slept through the night from when mom took me home from hospital. Obviously hasn't taken after me!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Panda! I was a good sleeper too, apparently I slept through at 10days old (so did my sis) and I've always loved sleep. I think M must take after me but from what mum remembers, she is even better at sleeping than I was! I used to stay awake a lot of a day as a bub but M doesn't. So far today she woke at 8am and has slept 9:45am-12:45pm and has now been down again since 3pm (it's now 5:40pm).
    I'm sorry to hear V didn't follow her mummy's lead!
    There's a group of 8 of us catching up via fb so far so send me a PM on here with your full name and I'll add you in. Same for anyone else who would like to be apart of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have spent my entire day ( its late night for us ) in emergency with DD admitted there. She woke up in 4 am in the morning doubled up in severe pain vomiting ( which continued all day despite maxlon n stematil) 4 rounds of morphine. Kidney stones. Plus DS having major exams, so in between hosp, school, home n DH overseas! Thank god for nanny plus my mum. Iam exhausted !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Panda, I try to sleep during the day but I've had quite bad insomnia so it takes me a few hours usually to fall asleep. 45minute day naps are not compatible with this at all!!!

We are up to the 4th night of sleep training and I'm really happy to say it is working, but I'm still trying to figure out where feeding fits in. It's really hard, but you just got to not get too rattled by the crying. We are doing a mixture of gentle/responsive setting with the pick up put down method too. I don't believe in cry it out. If you are interested, here is how we are going:
    The first night we were awake nearly all night. We stayed with a Elliot, talked to him (tried to sound positive- tell him he's a good boy, it's time for sleeping). Patted him, shooshed him, and when we could hear him getting really upset, picked up and cuddled and then put down again. Early in the night I had to pick him up about 4 times and then he realised we weren't going to mum and dad's room and he sort of gave up. Dream feed at 11, and then he wanted to feed at 3 (he often skips this so I know he doesnt need it). We patted him to sleep instead which took 1 hour. Fed at 5:45, and then he got confused by the light and decided it was time to rise. Ended up in his swing.
    Day two he didn't wake until 3:30, was patted back to sleep again and then woke for feed at 5:30. Was way too awake again but I tried to keep him in cot. I had only 2hrs sleep so I brought him to our room at some point (don't remember as I think I was actually asleep)... I fell asleep on him! Very dangerous!!! Still feel terrible
    Day three, no waking to 5am. Got confused by the light again, hubby stayed home so I could sleep and not pick up Elliot (and smother him!)
    tonight I'm going to try to feed him at 4am. See if he will sleep to 7am.
    It's really worth it, I think his sleep is far less disturbed now and much more restorative. DH says I've got to stop watching him on the monitor though cause I'm not sleeping!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse - I know 2 teeth already! They both popped out at 5 1/2 months.. She's been teething since 3 months... It's caused lots of grief already!

Thanks Annerley - I've PM'd you my details for FB.. At this age I think they shouldn't be up for more than 2 hours at a time.. Mia gets so cranky sometimes after 1 1/2 hours..

Berra have you tried resettling after that 1st sleep cycle of 45 mins? I find most days now I can get at least an extra 30 mins from Mia if I resettle her.. The white noise app seems to help too!

Panda, it sounds like it is habit. I was still feeding Mia every time she woke up (2 hourly) at 5 months.. Sleep school said she only needs a dream feed and possibly one more if you can't resettle her without a feed. They didn't teach to self settle however when we got home she just seems to be able to do it sometimes. I find the timing has to be perfect, as soon as she shows tired signs. If she's overtired, then I have no chance. I put her on her side facing away from me and she now knows that means sleep time.. I pat her bottom and hold her shoulder and shhhhhhhhhh.... It usually takes under 5 mins.. Prior to sleep school I had to rock her to sleep in my arms and this would take up to 30 minutes... Consistency is definitely the key. Unfortunately my angel doesn't like sleeping either... Apparently I was terrible too! It's payback time for me!

Oh Ann, you poor thing, sounds terrible.. Hope all is ok now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of Cbr but at this stage we are expecting that we'll be there after Washington posting so 2017 probably for 3yrs.
    Hilt sleeps fine in both the capsule & the caprice 0-8 no difference it seems to recline fine and had plenty of cusioning to the extent that we had to remove the inner one as his shoulders are quite wide.
    Tks for tip on car seats Ann I'll have to suss it out when we get there.

Holy sleep day and night so we are lucky there. I started him a while ago with a gradual bassinet to cot transfer. Firstly, we did day sleeps in nursery in bassinet, then we did all transfers to nursery, then moved home from bassinet to cot so he would always wake in cot. We bring him into our bed in the mornings just so he'll go back to sleep from 6am -7/8. He'll have morning snooze then back to sleep. I understand how it's hard to go out with a good sleeper as they get really grumpy if that sleep is interrupted. But sleep is important for brain development so it's all good. He was getting 16+hrs but lately he's been waking 2-4am needing a nappy change as drinks about a 1000mls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- ill still be here in 2017!

JJ- he's really hard to resettle after the first 45mins and tends to go completely bananas! Esp in the afternoon. I think it is a light issue. I tried putting in block out curtains but it is still too light as windows are west facing. I think I'm going to try to get a really good porta cot so I can set it up in the room that faces south-east. It's very dark in the afternoon with only Venetian blinds. He has had super long sleeps in that room in the bouncer. Not all the time but at least I can try to settle without any additional complications!

Any ideas on cot brands? I thought maybe the baby bjorn? I want something with a comfy mattress

Ann- I really hope your dd is ok- it sounds horrible! Make sure u get rest and take care of yourself too. How long will it take to resolve?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (16-11-2014)