+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Arlais. Good to hear from you. Ellie has just turned 6 months and is just adorable. I have some frustrations with eating (solids or breastmilk). She eats slowly and not very much. She has plenty of fat rolls though so I have to presume she's getting enough! Other than that things are going well. I'm glad people still get on here and keep in touch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies! Sorry, need to catch up and have only read the last few posts. Did have a look at the lovely photos quickly though

Car seats- I thought I'd try to get a 6mth to 8yr seat once we grow out of the capsule but someone told me that those are really upright and much harder for little bubs to nap in. I had a look at toys r us and the 0 to 4mth ones are much more reclined... Thoughts?

I love all the pictures guys! We really do have some beautiful babies on here!!! People keep saying my baby looks like an old man don't really know how I feel about that?!

Now at the 4/5 month mark... I think I'm having some post natal depression/mood issues... So filled with rage!!! Kinda scares me a bit. DH and I are going to try to sort out E's sleep issues to see if it improves if I can get more sleep too. At the moment we just cop out and put him in the swing when he wakes crying and can't resettle. Problem is I'm so expecting him to wake I have stopped sleeping! I'm so tired all the time! I don't really get anything done during the day, and can't image going back to work. Also don't really see friends much... It's like I'm just waiting for the next sleep all the time!

Ann- was going to ask- as u r diplomatic core, are u ever in canberra?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nice to hear from you Arlais! I'm glad you are enjoying working again, must be nice to use your brain a bit. Annabel is beautiful, I really can't believe it's been 7mths already!!

Berra- I had heard something like that about car seats also. A friend told me that the ones that go to 8years are more designed for children than babies. We went with a 0-4 one and the plan is to get a 6mth-8 one if we are lucky enough to have another baby. I would then transfer M to the new one and keep the 0-4 one for the new baby, who can stay in the one we have now til 4 and then we will have the new one that will last time they are older.

Hwaterhouse- it's been great that everyone has made time to come back here and catch up!

Would anyone find it easier to create a Facebook group to keep in touch and share photos, etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annerley, I'd be up for Facebook. I'm sorry I didn't join in the last group (our ivf one) as when I was at work I just couldn't access it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be up for a Facebook group too

Ann hi how you doing? We are good although Lennon is having serious sleep issues now waking up to 10 times a night we have a referral for the Ellen Barron house other than that loving been a mum and can't believe he is 5 months old today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow so good to see everyone popping in!

Jay you are funny! My first choice was the caprice as well and j have a pic of a very comforts looking bubby in it! When are you going? You may need to get a different US car seat perhaps - long time ago now but my other two little Americans (teens now !) had a different type - the one that has like a handle bar pulled over the head across the chest - like in rides. This after infant capsule. And their capsule was so deep and big enough to have them til like 10 months ! And yes let's steal those lashes! I cldnt believe the pics of his teeth ! We don't have any atm.

Cat you have a clone! I actually thought the same from her early pics and your pregnancy pics !

berra No offence if you are in CBR but not if I can help it! DH has done his 10 yrs in the govt there though! I was dating him then ( towards the very end of finishing though ) and used to fly from Syd ( but we met in overseas while working) I liked it but probably hard to live there though. DH does warn me at times though!

KJ - that sounds really tough! 10x I would be like a zombie heavily sedated on Mersyndol Forte to get me through the day! I have a house maid and still walk around like a zombie. I really feel for you. My LO is much better now and mostly sleeps through the night. Although she still co sleeps - yikes ! But that's partly because of my laziness not wanting to run up and down
    corridors at night pacifying. This way if she gets upset iam still lying down next to her, shove the dummy and she self sleeps then and we both get our sleep. We are now transferring her back into the bassinet next to our bed so dh can get some room on the bed and get close to me ! But the bassinet is going to be outgrown pretty soon.

Arlais cute pics ! Annerley and H.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No offense taken Ann! I'd love to move one day but there is shared custody of my stepson and it just wouldn't work.

KJ and Ann- E has always been a terrible sleeper! We co-slept to 3 months and then he kinda rejected me! Wants to go to sleep in his cot but wakes constantly so we are trying to do some settling stuff over the next few days. Actually started last night. Just kept picking up and putting back down and stayed with him while he had a cry (he wants to come back to our room and sleep in his swing!). I'd love him to still be with me Ann but we can't fit the cot in our room and I think it's pointless getting a bassinet at this point (we previously borrowed and he never used it!). I didn't really sleep last night so I hope tonight goes better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Sorry it's been a while.. Mia is now 6 months old!

We've had a pretty rough trot with colic the first 3 months and then terrible wind till about 5 months. Now we are up to teething and 2 teeth are out with a couple more on the way. (Causing much grief) Through the whole 6 months Mia's been a shocking sleeper. I haven't slept in a long time and it does gets to you.

Berra - I know how you feel. At about 5 months I was on the verge of PND. It's the worst. There's lots of help out there. I saw a physiologist and booked into sleep school. Speak to your GP and your MCHN. There are parent support officers from the council which can come home for a couple hours and help with sleep/settling issues. They give great advice.

Sleep school helped us a bit. For those in Melbourne we went to Northpark. The nurses were great. We are now in a routine and Mia at times can self settle. I think her teething has thrown a spanner in the works and we have gone back a step, but we will get there.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read all your posts. Will do when I get a chance. Hope everyone is well.

Loving all the photos and would love to join an FB group.

Here's my gorgeous munchkin last week. xx ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1415124562.083454.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not on Facebook anymore but if anyone uses Instagram I would love to see more pics!

I'm sorry to hear a few of you are struggling. I would be too if I was facing that sleep deprivation. So thankful Ellie is a good night sleeper and I get a solid 8 hours. Many nights though we settle her in our bed and then move her to the cot when she is asleep. She is crawling now (very slowly) and if I put her in her cot awake she rolls over, crawls to the edge and tries to pull herself up the cot. In our bed she's more calm. She puts her hands out wide so she is touching both of us and drifts off. One part of me worries about rods and backs but the other part is enjoying this stage and I'll establish a better routine when we can communicate better.

Berra and Ann I love Canberra! I haven't lived there but worked in libraries there (mostly Audit Office and High Court) while commuting from Goulburn. Growing up in Sydney I loved the roads and lake and lifestyle in Canberra. We were in Goulburn for 5 years but spent the whole week driving to Canberra and the weekends driving to Sydney for something so chose to move to one or the other. I chose Sydney simply because of friends and family and I knew we would still be travelling to Syd all the time if we went to Canberra (and the winter is a little easier to handle).

Can't believe all these teeth! Jay from memory Hilton had some didn't he? And JJ Mia is Ellie's age and already has 2! It's amazing how differently they all grow and develop.

Car seat wise we have an Infasecure Kompressor. It's a 0-4 one and so far it's been great! A mirror was a must for rear facing. She isn't tall enough to forward face yet. The idea is that it has a narrower base so you can fit more car seats in but it still takes up a fair bit of room.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really feel for you ladies that are lacking in sleep. I don't know how I would cope if that was me. Don't take this the wrong way but I feel that M maybe sleeps too much. She is still alert, feeding and putting on weight so not worried but it can make it hard to go out during the day. She wasn't originally like this but once hubby went back to work and I was on my own, I worked in her day sleeps (since she was going great and night) and I think it's backfired a little. She is so used to getting so much sleep that she doesn't like being up for anymore than 1.5-2hrs. It does make it hard to go out in the afternoon but sometimes if there's somewhere we need to be, I just have to wake her up, which I hate doing. I know I can't really complain and would am lucky to be at this end of the sleeping rather than the lack of sleep end. It would be nice if the world was perfect!

I'm happy to set up a Facebook group for us. It will be a private one so no one else can see posts and comments. If anyone wants to join it, just PM me your name and let me know what your profile pic looks like and I'll search for you and add you in. I'll have to add you as a friend first to do so. Spidery, Berra, JB and Riss, I'll just add you both in once I have a couple of names and create the group, since I already have you guys on my Facebook.
    Hwaterhouse, I use Instagram a bit too. Trying to use it more lately. Feel free to PM me your Instagram name and I'll follow you too.

JJ, Mia has grown so much! So adorable, I think M has a similar outfit to that in he next size. The mat with her name on it is so cute!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 05-11-2014 at 13:08.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (05-11-2014),hwaterhouse  (05-11-2014),JJTiger  (07-11-2014)