+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Jay poor little darling and he fell on the tiles ouch. How did he manage to do that - did he wiggle himself down ? Iam still using the bassinet attached in the pram haven't yet swapped the seat. It's a bit similar to yours - so the lesson for me is to make sure always strapped in? No falls here yet but DD was passing the iPad over to DH (she was sitting next to bubs on her play mat DH leaned over baby to grab it whilst sitting in the couch and yep it slipped out of his hands and fell edge wise then flat on her face! Gosh I was sooo mad and annoyed with him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We started solids this week but R didn't really seem interested or take much in. I stopped after 2 days as she got a flu/cold thing but really need to start again.

I just did puréed pears. Lamb shanks sounds very impressive!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    E is going great, she is eating more solids but I've had to keep her on stage1 formula as she can't quite tolerate the next stage yet, I've never seen so much poo . She loves apple & pear but I've made some with banana and some with mixed berries, the more she tries the better I reckon. Made chicken, veg & quinoa soup but before I added any seasoning I took out half for E to puree and freeze, she loves it. Ice cube trays are awesome for freezing, just take out as many as you need and you can defrost quick in bowl of hot water. E likes to grab things now so a carrot or celery stick is handy.
    I've been taking E to swimming for a while now and she's really enjoying it. She gets interaction with other babies and gets heaps of visual and touch stimulation.
    Af came for her 1st visit since E was born last week. I'm hoping the timing works out ok for when dh is home from work. We hope to try naturally for 6 months or so and then if no result see about IVF.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how to upload pics here while using samsung tablet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I accidentlly dropped the iPad on Vs head too, felt so bad.
    Amps must try mixed berries and love the sound of the soup. That's very adventurous. Tonight I made chicken leek carrot sweet potato sautéed in a little butter and then simmered for half hour in water(didn't have stock) she loved that one too. V seems to really enjoy the meat dishes the most and of course her fruit purée. I've been using the Anabel Karmel book someone gave me for recipes, I'm starting earlier than her recommended ages but I'm going by what we were told in our solids talk. I was also told it may help her sleep through the night but it hasn't really made a difference.
    Id love to start swimming to, have to get myself some bathers. Suddenly my pregnancy weight is starting to drop off, thank god!
    ann I checked my samsung but can't find how to upload pics sorry.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (20-10-2014),ann17  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann - he wiggled down till bum was on edge then twisted like he was trying to roll which got his bottom over the lip then wiggled more until he was out took no time at all. He now has a but of a black eye to make me feel worse ... so I guess his passport photos will have to wait as I don't want to feel like I'm being judged every time we travel as feel bad enough as it is.

Sorry but had to laugh that two of you had iPad stories ... At least it's better then a laptop!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-10-2014),Team panda  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm only trying Stephie on one food at a time at the moment (eg. apple), rather than mixing them (eg. apples & pears); so that if in the unlikely event she has a reaction, it should be easier to tell which food she's reacting to (if the reaction is to a food at all).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

ann17  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat lover I did start one at a time, but now I'm trying more complex foods by repeating foods she's tried and adding a new thing like yesterday it was the leek, oh and the chicken. It's funny, because she has so moved on and doesn't want the single food anymore. She's developing a sophisticated palette, lol.
    I would like to try yoghurt does anyone know when you can start?
    also anyone's bulbs still wave their arms around a lot. I'm finding I still have to swaddle her arms down when she goes to bed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Jay! But it must have been hard watching the recording knowing whats about to come n you go oh noooo....
    Panda like a fish out of water! I do tuck her arms under her blanket.

I still haven't started solids yet but will do soon. I used to cook ( once sophisticated palate kicks in ) chix or lamb pieces with carrots ( sometimes swap with frozen mix veggies) cabbage ( bok Choy) with either little bit of noodles or rice then purée it. As they grow n when you slowly stop mashing then I started adding just a pinch of noodle seasoning or soy sauce (dash) but by this stage they were eating with a spoon themselves.

Oh also I hate frozen green peas n as a kid always used to pick em out - still do! But I didn't want the kids to learn my bad habit - so I used say to them "look tiny little yummy green balls..... It's so tasty mummy will give all hers to you !" The kids used to watch Teletubbies then and I'd go Lalas ball... Who wants to eat that?!! The kids lapped it up! Also played little whose going to finish their food first games gets a prize ( which used to be a big kiss n hug for both winners!). DD still remembers me flogging off my 'green balls' to them!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann love it! Must remember about the green balls!
    oh good I'm not the only one who still wraps arms to the side. Is your roling over yet?