+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cat - We started DS at 12 mths and the first few months he didn't "learn" anything other than being comfortable being in the water and going under water. It wasn't til he was around 2 that he really was making progress.

If it were me I would wait til next year.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

ann17  (14-10-2014),Catzilla  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam attending a charity function tom morning half (dress up, lots of smiling n name recalling) then cooking for DH guests in the afternoon for dinner! (More smiling ) iam doing chicken, lamb, fish n some veggie dishes n condiments! While DS has exams n DD doing school production. Can I pull it off mmmm.... Yes we can !

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are amazing Ann. Some days I don't even get around to making our own dinner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat we've had Hilton in spa for awhile and not an issue with skin he loves it. We always wash his off after just to be on safe side. I'd start 6months as the sooner they are in the better in my opinion - at 6mths of age they teach them how to respond if they fall in water, not to panic if they go under or get splashed & it's done in a fun way. It's all about survival skills more then swimming. The next age up they can start to learn to swim but if they get frightened by that age it's harder to get them back in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann my hubby is an Army officer hence posting to Washington DC is only for 2yrs, removals will be paid for & we will rent over there - but will sell our house here before we go (as too hard to rent with spa) plus sell our cars.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    21weeks nearly 5month & tooth 2 is here plus we had our first fall today he seems fine but I felt awful as forgot to strap him in
    Attachment 62148
    Attachment 62149 luckily fell feet first or would have been worse
    Attachment 62150pic from security cam as I checked it as was worried he'd hit head first but a little relieve that he didn't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god Jay! That photo of him falling- poor darling.
    how is everyone going with solids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also anyone have any interesting meat stew ideas which we can all eat. I did lamb shanks with carrot, celery turnip onion and garlic last week, blitzed it up and V absolutely loved it. I tried to avoid the garlic and onion in her portions.
    we were looking at my baby record book today at mums and interestingly I had my first lamb shank at 4 and half months. Which is a whole month earlier than I've started with V.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jay. Poor little guy. Glad he's ok. Your footage made me laugh! You may have read the same thing happened to Ellie a few weeks ago. I didn't have any footage to refer to though! I have no idea how she landed. No bumps thankfully.

Panda I'm hopeless with solids. Ellie is just getting Farex mixed with fruit once a day. Need to step it up a bit. She's 6 months in a few weeks so I'll get serious then. Your stew idea sounds lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though I knew a few of you had had little mishaps hwater I still felt awful and we have my BBQ birthday tomorrow so know I'll have to explain my stuff up due to the bruise multiple times