+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Catlover cute photos of steph.

Jay like everyone has already said how rude but wow Washington, D.C. Very exciting Sorry to hear your still having problems with feeding.

Annerley I agree time has gone so quickly Cannot believe it's been 4 months since we had Ryan have to saw those newborn weeks go so quickly and I miss them a little as it seems so long ago and lack of sleep at that time sometime seems a bit blurred. But I wouldn't change a thing and so happy and blessed to have our little man.

Ann wow all that jet setting sounds like your handling superbly your DH must be very important meeting ambassadors wives and all.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ann oh my god! You are sooo lucky. But you would need to be travelling like that if you are doing it so often. Sorry I didn't quite get do you fly economy or bussiness? DH wanted to go business but I couldn't justify the cost. At least with Emirates they give you baby blankets and a baby pack with wipes, spoons, bibs etc. can't believe Virgin, they use to be really good. Maybe we should have bought an extra seat for bubs. On the three flight both ways, only once did we have an empty seat beside us.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes business or premium depends on factors ( better treatment in these two) or economy with the extra seat. I don't travel with him all the time though. Platinum does have its downside - it means your hubby's never home ! But he has cut down alot now.

DH works as a diplomat in an international org as an Advisor ( Aust has a major role in it). He deals with UN, European Union etc. I live on a compound so I get to see dignitaries coming in their flagged cars and my kids attend international school where all the dignitaries, expats from private sector and local (very rich) business houses kids attend. So when I attend functions with him I get to meet ministers, ambassadors, heads, Directors of major org, uni vice chancellors etc... And then there's the spouse club, gym, coffee, charity and most of our kids school together. It's a different life lots of new things and friends come and go.

I guess iam lucky but I get very very sad sometimes and I just don't know what I want. I have sacrificed my career ( i have an MBA but I feel obsolete ). Sometimes I just want to come back to Aust have my home, go to work.. other times I think I have a maid, nanny, groundsmen and stay home and can take care of baby and even the two grown up babies and live on a secured compound and there are many beautiful 5 star resorts where iam at (dh freq has meetings there upto a week and I tag along ). As opposed to coming back and putting baby into childcare so i can work, stupid huh? I know what option many mums would pick! Yet I feel so sad at times. So I am at a stage where I just don't know what I want. Sometimes i feel so distant from everything from DH and its not him, I know its me, I don't know why iam so mad with him at times and pick on the smallest things. Mmm baby blues I wonder...Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jay just wanted to say that DH really likes DC. He wldnt mind taking us there for work. The only thing is that I think you have to travel out a bit to surburbia for mall shopping. Will you be living in DC proper? How exciting enjoy your time and do lots of sightseeing! What type of work is your DH in? My DH likes DC and NY, kids like LA and I like SF (DD n DS were born there ). Will you be putting your house up for rent ? We did that and sold our cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope Ann, never saw that umbrella again! They told us it would have had to have been destroy due to security risks. Seemed a bit weird, seeing as though it had been x rayed and was left at the final point before boarding. Anyway, I was more annoyed that we carted the thing all through Europe for it to not make if home and the principle of it all that they made excuses not to bring it on board since we weren't important enough!
    I can understand what you are saying too. It sounds like you have an exciting life but as they say, there's no place like home!

Spidery- I was chatting to Riss the other day and we were both saying how we get a bit teary looking back at newborn photos. It shows how fast they are growing up and sometimes it's hard to remember her looking like that and being that little. In saying that though, I do love this age. M is easy to get a smile out of so I have a ton of smiles on camera and it's so lovely when I glance over at her and then all of a sudden her face lights up! We have little chats together everyday, she loves 'talking'. I'm really enjoying that she holds onto and plays with toys now too. It's been interesting to see her progression and getting better and better at grasping things and shaking them around over the past month, oh and of course most of them get put in her mouth. She also thinks it's very clever to pull her dummy out and wave it around too. Hope Ryan is well x
    Last edited by Annerley; 11-10-2014 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley that's exactly what my little one does grasping, shaking her toys and of course everything goes in the mouth her face is covered in saliva sometimes! She also pulls her dummy out then tries to put it back in mostly upside down! And she loves to talk as well. Sometimes she will scream out while talking! And she sleeps through the night mostly now - finally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey KJ ABH Arlais Ngaiz Amps how you girls going? Remember I have big black ugly boot in my closet ! Lol just kidding guys. Prob needs to land on my butt as I have been MIA for soooo long must have missed all your progress!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann it sounds like a wonderful life and you are meeting amazing people. You must be privy to some interesting conversations. I do understand what you are saying though. In the last few years I have really simplified my life , I am really enjoying my time with bubs and being able to share it with my siblings and parents.
    and don't worry, I think we all have moments with our partners and DH!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (14-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With the weather starting to get warmer (supposed to be 34 I think here next Monday), I need to get started thinking about swimming. Trying to decide whether to start Stephie on lessons this summer (when she's only 6 to 9 months old), or wait until next (when she'll be 18 to 20 months old).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dunno Cat but maybe wait til a bit older maybe their skins very tender for sun n chlorine. But a bit of a splash around sounds fun though. DH bought her bikinis when she was still in my tummy on one of his work trips. It's a cute green n white one with dark pink bows so she's all set for Chrissy ! Although realistically sunshirt will be the go! You get those inflated tubes where bubs can actually sit in so they stay afloat ( I used it for Dd n Ds when they were babies ) n its great but obviously you have to hang on to the tube.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (15-10-2014)