Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am still alive girls!! I have been MIA for sooo long I hope I don't get booted out of the thread lol! Sorry I have heaps to catch up! All the pics are great. Jay I can't believe your play ( ex !) group, they cannot be serious, looks like alpha goes around with a roll call and you'd better have a bloody good reason for absentism! On the bright side you are off to exciting new adventures ! So is it work that takes you and your little family ? Is it DC?

I have been travelling back forth intl ( with bub!) and after many different hotel rooms n plane change tables and awful stiff back from carrying little one I am exhausted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Panda how was your Europe trip-you brave girl!
    Our saviour is that luckily DH is Plantinum QF Oneworld so having access to first class and business lounge makes a big diff.( Bathrooms are nice n clean n big - we have had showers at airports when we do long haul n there will be a lady waiting to serve you with fresh towels and toiletries pack n the shower will be wiped dry for your use) obviously some lounges are better then others ( big shower with good shampoos, gels toilet, vanity area all in one room, blow dryer etc) (DHdidn't like Dubai either.) We get express cards ( sometimes we don't ) so skip the queue. Sometimes we do business or premium upgrades but definitely with baby we buy her a child seat rather than the infant seat which doesn't give you a seat or checked in bag. Just that extra bit of space helps and we fold her thick blanket in the seat between us and she falls asleep. Most times we ask for assistance to be waiting for us upon exiting plane as I carry baby n dh carries like 7 hand carries ! Unfort there's a diff in service travelling Eco or above.

Recently I travelled economy in Virgin intl there were no pillows n I asked for one for baby the air hostess said maybe.... I will see what I can do and I was watching her n waiting she continued giving out water came back down n didn't even bat an eyelid ( while poor bubs was fussing in my arms as I tried to feed her). I asked another guy and he said the same but walked up to premium and gave me one ( I know they always have it there.) upon leaving the plane I saw one plastic bag completely sealed with several pillows and one open with several in there too! I was really disgusted !)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Like you Ann I've been MIA too!
    Our NZ trip was great! Abi was amazing all holiday and slept the best she has yet. Even the plane rides were great!

Now her sleep is a bit more of a battle again. Not sure if it's a wonder week or teeth. But anyway, have her booked I to her 6 month check up and shots in a couple of weeks. Can't believe how fast it's gone...yet so long. It's weird, I feel like I've had a full last 6 months but it's a blur at the same time.

We're house sitting my sister's place for 2 weeks so it's nice to have some alone time. We haven't had our own space since Abi was 7and a half weeks!

Ok, she's down for the night (8:30pm) off to read my book before I crash for the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- how dare you not go to every single mothers group meeting! Omg I can't believe that someone would boot someone out of a mothers group, all sounds very immature. I agree with the other ladies, it sounds like you are better off not being apart of their group. I thought most new mums would be open to meeting others regardless of how often they saw them and considering you are leaving soon, it shouldn't have really bothered them at all.

Catlover- wow! Looks like Stephie is a mover. Will be interesting to see what she's like as a toddler, whether she will be really active and full of beans :-) the cot pic is funny!

Ann- you've been so busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all but watch out if you don't have time for us anymore, otherwise we won't know you anymore lol! It's interesting what you said about difference in service. Last year, DH and I went on a pre Ivf holiday to Europe and we bought an umbrella in Rome, which we carted with us all through Europe. We got to singapore (our last stop over on the way home) and DH had accidentally left the umbrella when we were waiting at the departure gate. We didn't realise until they made an announcement on the plane asking if anyone had left one and we realised it was ours. We told the air hostess and they said they would get it. Not long after we took off and we just asked about it and they said it's probably being stowed up the front for us. On landing they informed us that it had been left behind in singapore and due to security risks and flight schedules they couldn't wait for it to come on board. Luckily it was only an umbrella but I couldn't help but think that they didn't really make the effort to get it because we were economy passengers. I found it strange they would go to the effort of asking if someone had lost an umbrella to then say it couldn't make it on board anyway. I'm sure it would have been a different outcome if we were in first class.

Lots- I'm glad you had a great holiday but sorry to hear the sleep has become a problem for you again. I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like time is flying but at the same time it feels like these babies have been here forever. I often look back at pics of M as a newborn and it definitely does feel like a blur already.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (09-10-2014),lotsathoughts  (10-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Here's a couple more pics from that day.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha you ladies! You always put a smile on my face love it.

Ann can't believe how much you've travelled with bub already. Yep our move is for hubby's work to Washington DC and we are very excited.

Well appt at the Allergy & Intolerance Clinic was today at Children's Hospital with Dr Teresa Cole & went really well he passed skin prickly test for both cows milk and soy allergies (nurse was surprised he didn't even flinch) which means he's right to start trying again as isn't going to have a anaphylactic reaction. So tomorrow I but formula again and can gradually increase it eg Day1=1ml , Day 2= 2mls then the mls double each day until we are upto a full bottle then it's 1 x bottle nan Formula the rest Neocate next day 2x bottles nan rest Neocate ECG until all Nan again it he gets upset or pain we go back one step and hold for a few days before progressing. If he doesn't tolerate then she said we may have to go to Soy Formula at 6months. If we can get him on full Nan by 6months then he will be able to go to real cows milk at 12months like other bubs oh and he weighed in at 7.43kg that's 450g since 23 Sept (17days) so still on 50th percentile for weight - happy mum
    Last edited by Jay11; 14-10-2014 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Stephie's first foray into solids.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley lol! Yes you are so right - I wld have thought regardless if how many times we one makes it to play groups the support wld always be there! Did they send your umbrella via unaccompanied at least ?!

Catlover she is sooo adorable. Mwah!

AFM guys I have managed to do two big diplomatic functions in a week!! No slouching ( meanwhile heels are killing me) lots of smiles (as I struggle to remember names and what function we last met!- had a wife come and meet me saying we have met before and iam thinking so bloody hard choosing my words carefully in trying to say i dont believe we have....cause you just don't know who you cld be talking to and then she goes Iam the Malaysian ambassadors wife and then of course i feel stupid ....!). Preg gave me a good reason to cut back but now slowly iam getting back to spousal duties ! Oh by the way lots of drinks n canapés but of course you can't drink too much and always lots of speeches and lots of applauding!! i can't even yawn or stop smiling cause I get to sit on the head table with DH ! I always see a different side of DH when I see him on the podium! DD n DS are great baby sitters !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (10-10-2014)