Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1411875100.108367.jpg

Loving the pics how fast are our babies growing!!! Jay they don't sound like women you need on your life, I was scared of mothers groups because of this but I've found some amazing friends through it I hope you do too when you settle in the US

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps8b308920.mp4

Miss Stephie (17 weeks old today) is on a roll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jay wow your better off out of that group. They sound horrible! Thankfully the girls in my group are all lovely and down to earth.
    Catlover What a wiggler Stephie is!
    hwaterhouse I'm doing ok. V still has her moments, like they all do. The last few days I'm really struggling to get her down for an afternoon sleep . She seriously screams the whole neighbourhood down. I know it's early (5 months 1 weeks) but is she ready to cut out the late afternoon sleep. Yesterday we were at a party and she was awake from 1.30to. 6.30pm and she was as happy as larry. She went down at 6.30 without a fuss, but she was pretty exhausted too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, I'm so sorry you experienced this... What high school politics (and really such a *****y thing to do!!!). You are better off though it must hurt. Our mothers group is still getting established and we've had a lot if people unable to come regularly but who cares!!! They are still all great for chats when they can come and there is always something interesting to discuss whether you know each other really well or not! Such a wasted opportunity for these people who could be enjoying your company when u r there! I'm so sorry!

JJ- I feel the same... Just always counting down to the next possible nap time... And by 6pm it's always grumpy baby who only managed 1/2/3 naps today etc etc etc... We moved bedtime ahead and has worked a bit but also have terrible terrible wind at night!!! E wakes up screaming throughout the night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda we are the same with late arvo naps. They are the hardest ones for us. Currently I am trying to put R down and if she doesn't go after 30 mins I am just getting her up and carrying on til bedtime. It makes the evening a bit less fun as she is whiney but beats the alternative! I also spend more time settling at this nap (rocking, patting etc), I wrap her tightly (she has one arm out for other sleeps) and I give her a top up feed right before putting down. Sometimes it works like a charm, other times it still doesn't work!

I guess you could try cutting the late arvo nap and pushing the lunch sleep back a bit so she has a smaller gap between getting up from lunch sleep and bed time. I think we used to do 9am and 1.30pm for DS. His sleeps were 1.5 to 2 hours long so that meant he was up from 3.30 til 7pm. That is still a long time for a 5 mth old though.

I just checked my book and it says to start dropping the late arvo sleep from 6 months onwards so you aren't far off. If you are going to do it I would def try spacing the other naps out more.

There is no point making her miserable trying to get her to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover thanks for the advice. Makes me feel better knowing others are going through similar. Yesterday she did 4 x 1 hour sleeps at 9, 11, 2 and 5 . That was a good day for us. Who knows what today will bring. I just put her down for her 9 am sleep and she kicked up a fuss so I gave her another bf put her down thinking she was asleep but she tricked me. In the end I rocked her to sleep and she went out in less than a minute. Why oh why do we go through the same scenario every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So Hilt is asleep now and has been for about 2hrs after a .... Wait for it ...... 9.5hr sleep last night :0 last 2 night was a 6+ 4hr or 4+6hr breakup so last night was unexpected.

We have just let him settle into his own sleep routine if I think he's really tired I will give him an extra feed as I think he thinks he's thirsty when he gets overtired so a few weeks ago he wouldn't even take dummy as thought he was thirsty but I offered milk he drank only 5mls & was out like a light.
    Last edited by Jay11; 01-10-2014 at 10:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am so proud of Stephie. Think she's starting to try to commando crawl. Put her on her play mat on her stomach for tummy time, and by the end of it, she had managed to manoeuvre herself forward a couple of centimetres, and her head was almost off the play mat. She's growing up so fast. She's only 17 weeks and 6 days (4 months and 3 days) old. Would have thought she was a bit young for this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go stephie! What a little champion!

Cat in my experience they all do things at all different stages - and when they are ready! She must be keen to get moving!

My DS didn't even look like crawling for ages but started to crawl and then walked 4 weeks later! Go figure!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (05-10-2014)